Does anyone have any experience with protopic ointment for the treatment of eczema?
Our doctor has advised us a cream for eczema for my one year old child and I’m 22 and was prescribed that almost 2 years ago. I DON’T USE IT. That eczema cream now carries a black box warning that it’s too strong, esp. for a baby. I went back to my doctor after I heard about the warning, and she prescribed Aclovate. I try not to use it and just stick to washing with Dove and moisturizinig with Cetaphil. Taking an antihistamine before I go to bed also helps so that I don’t scratch. That’s when I would do all the damage, in my sleep.
I would wake up in the morning with such raw skin. Also, to relieve broken raw skin and also just to relieve and moisturize, make a solution of half cold water and half fat free/skim milk. Use it as a splash or a cold compress. Helps esp after the shower while pores are still open. In dealing with eczema. Follow up with the Cetaphil. Good Luck!
Looking for eczema treatment that really works? Find your Eczema Treatment, here.
Learn More with Additional Eczema Resources
- Most Effective Eczema Treatment
- Dealing With Eczema
- Types of Eczema
- Wiki - atopic dermatitis
- Skin Conditions and Eczema
Our ProEcza contains 1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream. ProEcza effectively relieves the itching and inflammation from eczema, dermatitis, rashes, insect bites, poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac. Provides “on contact” relief where skin problems originate in seconds without stinging!
All Stop ProEcza ingredients were specifically chosen for their moisturizing and repairing qualities. You’ll find relief from this remarkable cream even if you have become resistant to the skin repair effects.
One of the greatest benefits about this product is that after the skin is repaired, you will find that only an occasional application is necessary. All Stop ProEcza is light to the touch and leaves your skin moisturized and soft without any fragrance. The best cream for eczema!
Factoids on This Topic
- Eczema on hands, also called atopic dermatitis, is patches of inflamed, itchy skin.
- Other eczema remedies come in herbal forms, including aloe vera, turmeric, chamomile, witch hazel, and rosemary.
- The best natural treatment for eczema IN CHILDREN and adults is application of coconut oil.
- Some eczema remedies reduce water loss, help rebuild the skin, and calm burning and itching.
- Supplements such as borage oil, Chinese herbal medicine, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, probiotics, teas, vitamin B6, vitamin E, oral vitamin D3, nutmeg and zinc are all beneficial as a eczema remedies.
- When discoid eczema is severe, UV light treatment is one option that you can consider.
- The incidence of eczema in children is increasing in present times.
- Although there is no definitive evidence, a few studies suggest that drinking black, green, or oolong tea may help relieve eczema symptoms.
- Although eczema symptoms tend to subside as babies grow into children, people who had eczema as infants are at higher risk for other skin problems throughout life.
- Discoid eczema often begins as a minor skin injury, so protecting your skin can help prevent and treat it.
- Infants suffering from baby eczema should wear clothes made of natural, lightweight, and breathable fabric, such as cotton.
- Baby eczema is difficult to treat and in this book you will see several treatments that work together to make life easier for the baby, child and parents. Homeopathic remedies to cure the illness from inside are also suggested. Most child eczema pass within 1, 2 or 3 years, but why wait so long when you can try the methods in this book and find a cure within one or two weeks?
- Only Aveeno has harnessed the soothing power of Active Naturals oatmeal to help you care for your skin with eczema. Developed with leading dermatologists, this breakthrough cream helps relieve irritated skin and intensely moisturizes to help strengthen the skin’s natural barrier function and helps prevent the recurrence of extra dry skin. And, it’s enriched with ceramides, essential lipids nat …
- Clinically shown to restore visibly healthier skin in 3 days. Relieves dry, itchy skin due to eczema. Fraghrance free and steroid free. Moisturizes to restore visibly healthy skin. …