What’s a good natural treatment for eczema, dont want to use hydrocortisones?
My little girl who’s 2 1/2 has atopic eczema pretty bad we’ve tried E45, eurax, vaseline, aloe vera gel, and cocoa butter with little success. I dont want to use the steroid creams on her as i dont like the side effects to them.
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts that I hope you will find helpful.
Things not to do:-
- Don’t use biological powders
- Don’t use fabric softeners
- Don’t use soap or detergents to wash with
- Don’t use standard shower gels or bath additives
Things to do :-
- Try Fairy Snow -the old fashioned powder
- Use dryer balls
- Use a soap free cleanser to wash hands etc.
- Use a moisturising shower gel like Oilatum
- Use a moisture bath additive like Aveeno
- Use a good moisturiser like Aveeno
- Use it very frequently, you can’t over-moisturise!
- Use antihistamines for itch, a non sedative one like loratidine in the morning and a sedative one such piriton at night.
You may need to use steroids creams/ointments for flare up areas. Use the mildest you can, for the shortest time possible. If you do not use anything above 1% hydrocotisone there are effectively no risks of any steroid side effects.
Sorry if you knew all of that already