How long will it take to show scabies symptoms?
If you have never been infested before, it could take several weeks to one and a half months after the initial scabies infestation for scabies symptoms to show up.
If you have been infested with mites previously, scabies symptoms will appear in 1 to 5 days.
Scabies Symptoms Facts:
- A person who has scabies can give the infection to another person, even before symptoms appear.
- The diagnosis of scabies infection is suspected when an adolescent presents with a possible history of exposure and the
characteristic symptoms and signs.
- A person can get Scabies as often as they are exposed.
- Signs of scabies usually appear in places where there are skin folds, such as between your fingers and toes, on your wrists, behind your knees, under your arms, or around your groin or rear end.
- Another way the scabies begin to appear is as one little pustule that becomes a scabbed sore.
- Since scabies is transferred from one person to another, everyone in your family should undergo the same treatment, with or without signs symptoms of scabies.