Antioxidant Foods And It’s Health Benefits
Effects of Antioxidant Foods
Antioxidants are classified as the compounds that defend our cells and tissues in the problems brought on by free radicals- so we’re clear that how beneficial antioxidant foods are. Vegetables, fruits, and whole grain have several substances which are suitable for human health. Ingestion of various antioxidant foods is recognized as one of the desired means of improving the antioxidant levels, since they are considered to comprise massive amount of antioxidant compounds. Most of the foods are also full of nutrients, vitamins, and fiber. Antioxidants are found in abundant quantity in fruits and vegetables like nuts, poultry, fish, and even meats.
Researchers claim that the healthy diet which includes food rich in antioxidants hold the ability to defer the onset of several age-related conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular problems, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, parkinsonism, as well as hold off the signs of aging. Several of the antioxidants are determined in the food by their particular colors- deep red of tomatoes and cherries; orange of carrots; yellow of mangoes and corns; blue-purple of grapes, blackberries, and blueberries.
A few of the food resources with typical antioxidants are:-
• Beta- Carotene: – It’s mostly seen in foods which are orange in color like carrots, apricots, yams, mangoes, and pumpkins. Even green, leafy vegetables (spinach, collard green, kale…) have high-content of beta-carotene. It neutralizes toxins that may harm the cells.
• Lutein:- seen in great quantity in green, leafy vegetables (spinach, collard green, kale…) is better recognized for its connection with vibrant vision.
• Vitamin A: – It’s found in three main varieties (Vitamin A1, A2, and A3) and food loaded with Vitamin A are carrots, egg yolks, cheese, milk, liver, and yams.
• Vitamin C: – Commonly known by name of Ascorbic Acid is determined in abundance in many vegetables and fruits just like chicken, beef, fish, and whole grain cereal.
• Vitamin E: – It’s also known as Alpha-tocopherol is generally contained in almonds and oils such as corn oil, soya bean oil, safflower oil. Food items like broccoli, mangoes…are likewise rich in E Vitamin
Vitamin A, C, E- defends the cells through free radicals and even assists in DNA restoration and immune features.
• Lycopene: – It is on the list of effective antioxidant that is found in melon, papaya, tomatoes, apricots, guava, oranges, pink grapefruit and other food items. It improves the maintenance of prostate health.
• Selenium: – Although it is a mineral- not an antioxidant chemical, yet it has elements of antioxidant enzymes. Rice and wheat are classified as the major source of selenium. The quantity of selenium is set in the food produced in the soil containing selenium and yes it differs from region to region. Just like US, meats and breads are classified as the frequent source of selenium. It can help in avoiding cellular damage through the free radicals.
Advantages of Antioxidant Foods
Utilization of antioxidants is considered to give protection towards oxidative damage brought on by the free radicals and play a role in optimistic health advantages. A current review of literature signifies that combination of vegetables and fruits have complete impact on the antioxidant activities which leads to good reduction in likelihood of serious diseases specifically cancer and heart conditions.
Learn More with Additional Resources:
- Antioxidant Rich Diet
- 5 Antioxidant Foods
- Antioxidants: What you need to know
- Antioxidants: Super Foods
- Wiki – List of Antioxidants in Food
- Best Antioxidant Supplement
Other Related Articles About Antioxidant Food
Urgent Reviews on Antioxidant Food
- Antioxidant Food – Review Our Camu Camu – Masterantioxidant
In the Amazonian flood plains between Peru and Brazil lives a shrubby tree – Myrciaria dubia- usually called Camu-Camu. When the fragrant , waxy white flowers drop it develops small red/purple colored fruit that appears like …
- Crazy Food Dude: Review: Kellogg’s FiberPlus Antioxidants Dark …
Who doesn’t need a little fiber in their life? Some people need it more than others and whether I need extra fiber is neither here nor there, but I do like to eat snack bars and that lead’s me to another review of a Kellogg’s …
- Antioxidants Review – SkyBlue Cross–The World’s Largest Free …
Antioxidants Review. … The World’s Largest Free Alternative health, Natural Health , Food Heal Consultant Service Platform. With God’s help, There should be a Solution available for you –Contact us for free service …
- [WATCH]: Antioxidant Food List (Ellagica Review) | FROM: www …
http://www.ellagica.info Ellagica Review, Antioxidant Food List, Anti Oxidant Vitamins, Bacterial Infection Liver, Antioxidants For Health, All The Cancers, … Share. Tagged on: People · ? [WATCH]: 1. Back to Eden-Series #1: …
- Antioxidant Food Supplements in Human Health Review
Antioxidant Food Supplements in Human Health Review. Sarah February 4, 2013 0. Antioxidant Food Supplements in Human Health Review. 4.00 / 5 5; 1 / 5; 2 / 5; 3 / 5; 4 / 5; 5 / 5. 1 vote, 4.00 avg. rating (80% score) …
Facts About Antioxidant
- Milk Products may Destroy Antioxidant Benefits in Fruits, Vegetables and Grains2/19/2009 – A recent article appearing on Natural News reported that milk destroys the antioxidant benefits of blueberries.
- The principal vitamins with antioxidant properties are vitamins E and C, and beta-carotene.
- The relative importance of the antioxidant and pro-oxidant activities of antioxidants are an area of current research, but vitamin C, which exerts its effects as a vitamin by oxidizing polypeptides, appears to have a mostly antioxidant action in the human body.
- The theory that vitamin pills with antioxidant powers — primarily vitamins A, C and E — could slow aging, fend off heart disease, improve flagging vision and curb cancer was beautiful and very plausible.
- Like some other dietary supplements, antioxidant supplements may interact with certain medications.