Some Information About Poison Ivy
All About Poison Ivy
One of the most popular, and most common, allergic reactions in the world is a condition known as poison ivy. Although some people are immune to it’s poison ivy symptoms, most people experience an allergic reaction when coming into contact with poison ivy. These reactions can be relatively mild or very severe. It might be worth your time to look at some basic information on poison ivy.
Poison ivy is one member of a large group of plants known as Sumachs. These poisonous poison ivy plants are popular for the common allergic reaction it produces in those who have come into physical contact with it. Inside this plant is a clear liquid called urushiol. This liquid is the culprit responsible for the troublesome reactions that most people experience.
Poison Ivy Plant
The poison ivy plant is widely distributed throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. It typically grows in three distinct forms. It can take the form of a trailing vine, a small bush, or a climbing vine that grows up trees or other types of vertical objects. There are many plants that appear similar to this one, often making it hard to effectively identify the poison ivy plant.
Many people will experience the poison ivy symptoms of this allergic reaction, especially if they spend time outdoors. Some people are actually immune to the plant and suffer no reactions at all. Most people, however, are allergic to it. The reaction will begin with red, inflamed skin that will become itchy. Soon, blisters form, which are sometimes very severe and can burst. Often, a fever will develop as well. Other, less common and more severe reactions can occur in the form of dizziness, difficulty breathing and severe swelling.
Poison Ivy Allergies
Poison ivy allergies are some of the most common in the entire world. It is extremely difficult to identify poison ivy, and very easy to catch. The only definite way of preventing it is to avoid the plant. If you plan on being outdoors, become familiar with pictures of it in hopes that you can spot it and avoid it. If you think you may have been exposed, remove all relevant clothing and wash in hot water. Also, take a shower and wash the body well. Consider wearing long pants and shirts if you can.
Treatment for this issue can usually be done in the home. For dryness and itching, apply a wet compress or soak the affected area in cool water. There are also various antihistamine pills and lotions that can bring relief. Also important is to try and avoid scratching the blisters as much as possible.
Poison ivy is an extremely common problem over much of the globe. This is especially true for anyone who spends considerable amounts of time near wooded areas. Luckily, this ailment is very easily treated and can generally be done in the comfort of the home, provided there are no severe allergic reactions.
We have effective poison ivy remedies. Are you looking for a cure for poison ivy? We understand how complicated it can be and we are here to help you out.
Other Resources – Get the Poison Ivy Facts:
- Best Hive Relief
- Poison Ivy Weed Description
- Medical Action For Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Guide
- Outsmarting Poison Ivy Plant