Health Resources on Skin Ailments
Health Resources on Skin Ailment Video
More on Skin Ailments
Symptoms and signs of dry skin include itching and red, cracked, or flaky skin.
Read about causes, diagnosis, treatment, home remedies, prevention, and the best moisturizers for dry skin.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these recommendations when buying sunscreen:
- Choose a sunscreen that protects against both UV-A and UV-B rays with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 15.
- If you expect to be sweating heavily, opt for a waterproof brand.
- Look for sunscreen made for the face or something that won’t sting.
- If you are sensitive to the chemical PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), make sure the sunscreen you buy doesn’t contain it.
- If you have oily or acne-prone skin, choose water-based sunscreen.
- Don’t opt for one brand just because it’s more expensive. It’s not necessarily better.
- Check the expiration date.