There is no magic cure for Hives but there are quite a few recommended home remedies available in a pinch:
- Take an antihistamine – this is one way to relieve the itch and rash temporarily. Be aware, though, that most antihistamines will make you drowsy.
- Apply calamine lotion directly to the affected area.
- Cool down by taking a cold bath or applying a cool compress to the rash. Hot water will only increase the itching.
- Apply hydrocortisone, like Cortaid to the rash.
- Apply Milk of Magnesia – the alkaline will help to relieve the itch.
- Drink tea (although some may find that certain teas actually cause them to develop Hives).
- RELAX – Hives are sometimes thought to be worsened or even caused by stress and anxiety. Try doing some breathing exercises or yoga.