Does anyone know of any home remedy to treat chronic hives?
Hello fellow sufferer. I’ve got a lifetime of experience with hives, as well as several years of helping others with chronic urticaria and related conditions. You’re far from alone in this, there are thousands of us worldwide.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for chronic hives, but there’s plenty of things you can try to help relieve the misery:
- Aveeno lotions and bath
- Sarna Lotion
- any lotion containing menthol
- Benadryl cream
- staying cool – very important, since heat is a known mast cell degranulator (when mast cells degranulate, they release histamine, which causes the hives and itching)
- My favorite is a lotion made from cromolyn – recipe can be found at www.chronichives.com; also check out the support group for chronic hivers through that website, it’s the largest one on the web (it’s also the largest CU Yahoo group). There are more suggestions for coping at the website, and the group can give you many more ideas, too.
One thing which does help some people is a low-histamine diet, which is printed at the website. While allergies are very seldom the culprit behind CU, foods loaded in histamine don’t help us much, so limiting them in your diet may help. There have been a few published studies about histamine in the diet and its effect on CU; typically some of the studies show it does help, and others say it doesn’t. Everyone is different, but it can’t hurt to try.
Approx. 25% of CUers are or will become sensitive to salicylates (the active ingredient in aspirin), so for some of those people, a diet low in salicylates can help. Again, the chronichives.com website has that information.
Have you ever been tested to find out if your hives are autoimmune? The test, called an autologous serum skin test, uses a sample of your own blood, which is then spun down in a centrifuge to separate the serum, and then the serum is injected back into you, along with 2 controls (saline and histamine). If you react to your own serum, the test is considered positive. Researchers are finding more and more chronic hivers are autoimmune, and it has also been found that remission can be induced for many hivers with the use of Cyclosporine. I was put on it for an unrelated condition, and it put both that condition and my hives into remission. Side effects were minimal, arms got a little hairy, but nothing too extreme… The usual treatment protocol with Cyclosporine for CU is relatively short and at lower doses than used to treat most other diseases, such as kidney disease or to prevent transplant rejection.
And if you must scratch, don’t use your nails! You’ll only tear up your skin and make the itch even worse. Some folks find using the edge of a credit card works well, doesn’t tear the skin, and provides a little temporary relief. But if you can avoid scratching altogether, that’s the best thing…..
Chronic Urticaria is a type of hives that is also called nettle rash. It unfortunately lasts for more than six weeks. Shorter bouts of hives are considered acute urticaria, and are treated differently.
Urticaria can be a manifestation of many conditions and illnesses, rather than one illness. Current research has shown that up to half of all CU is autoimmune, which means your body is making antibodies against itself, resulting in activation of basophils and mast cells. When these cells are activated, they release many different chemicals, including histamine, which results in hives, and in some people other allergy-like symptoms as well.
CIU stands for chronic idiopathic urticaria. The term idiopathic simply means ‘of unknown cause’. The diagnosis is often made by ruling out known causes, but some causes, like mastocytosis, cannot absolutely be ruled out. You will need to work with your doctor to rule out the things which can be ruled out, to find patterns by keeping a diary, and to find the medicine ‘cocktail’ which works most effectively for you.
Currently about 30-50% of Chronic Hives Sufferers are autoimmune.
Chances of your Chronic Hives being autoimmune:
If you experience any of these, they be signs that your chronic urticaria is autoimmune:
- You have a personal history of other autoimmune disease
- Your family has a history of autoimmune disease (not necessarily chronic urticaria)
- Your mother had endometriosis, and/or if you are a woman, you have had endometriosis
- You are female
- You have autoimmune thyroid disease
- Your symptoms worsen during your monthly cycle (women only)
- Your symptoms lessen or go into remission during pregnancy
- You have experienced remissions in the past
- Symptoms began following an ‘event’ that triggered the immune system, such as accident, illness, surgery, infection, allergic reaction
- Prior to developing CU you would describe yourself as someone who was rarely ill; and even now you seldom catch colds and flu, even if everyone around you is coughing and sniffling
How To Treat Hives?
The size goes from 2 millimeters to an affliction that will cover a complete extremity. Looking for techniques regarding how to treat hives? Hives often referred to as known as urticaria present themselves as red and itchy bumps on the skin that comes in diverse sizes and shapes. The hives can finally join together when they become known as plaques. Hives are usually besieged by a red area of redness commonly known as a flare. The other way of doing it is learning how to let go of stress. They can appear anywhere on your body from arms, legs, tongues to your ear and mouth. Sadly nobody can tell you how to let go of stress. It is just something you’ve got to learn how to do. You may also be having an allergic reaction reaction, so to get shot of hives in this situation will require you to get allergy medication like Claritin.
Again, it could be useful for people that have mild issues or who just require some further relief from some symptoms, it actually won’t cure the illness. Three : 3rd , a rising number of people are employing a persistent urticaria treatment approach that works from a different grounds than people who translate hives only as a spinoff of an allergic reaction. A clear difference between Treating Urticaria Symptoms & handling the root of Urticaria. Glaringly , this difference in presupposition adapts well to a different methodology of treating chronic urticaria. Homeopathy has been utilised as a top treatment for hives for a few years now and has been proved terribly helpful in treating that issue.
Actually it is regarded as one of the fastest and most efficient urticaria treatments. The genuine problem when referring to urticaria and youngsters is that finding the trigger of the condition can be terribly tough. Kids can suffer very with this skin aliment. Natural Urticaria treatments That a few of the people Find Effective if you’re looking for therapy for your urticaria then there are a number of handcrafted cures you can try including : Aloe Vera – The juice and puppy of this fruit is a well known anti inflammatory and anti-bacterial that can be utilized on the influenced area to cut back the burning and itching sensation of this skin disorder.
Best Way on How To Treat Hives
If you’re looking for a safe, natural homeopathic solution to relieve the miserable symptoms of hives, Help With Hives
- Every day antihistamine will not be your easiest dermis hives treatment method method, especially have got the constant kind of Urticaria.
- The itchy skin bumps may appear because of reaction to allergies from shaving cream, various products for feminine care, or underwear.
- One of the natural hives treatment options that you can try is aloe vera gel.
- There have several collaborating opinion are essential to using this way with that discussion of being pictures of hives locally sold. Now here’s something that is a good way to getting internet ahead of stuff.
- Another hives causes may be triggered by asthma or can also be an indication of a basal health condition.
- The common cold compress is the one other natural hives treatment you may try.
- This keeps rainfall out of the most effective in treating this condition is extremely cold or heat sunlight pet hair creams weather person and pictures of hives in infants “pass” status.
- You should always choose an oral spray over pills for your hives treatment.
Want to Know More?
- pregnancy hives treatment baby hives causes. Why skin allergy urticaria stress cause hives? Our bodies have a miraculous and really advanced system of hormones hives area angioedema activated after we area …
Scalpicin® Anti-Itch Liquid controls scalp itch, irritation, redness, flaking and scaling associated with seborrheic dermatitis. Scalpicin’s medication does not wash away like shampoos. Available in 1.5 and 2.5-ounce applicator bottles. Colorless, odorless, greaseless, Scalpicin is concentrated medication. Use anytime scalp itch flares up for up to seven days …
- It is estimated that one out of five persons in the United States experiences at least one episode of hives in their lifetime. That is approximately sixty million people in the U.S., almost twice the population of California. Even if the actual number is over-estimated by fifty percent because of inaccurate diagnosis, thirty million remains an impressive number. Approximately five to ten percent o …
- Scalpicin® Anti-Itch Liquid controls scalp itch, irritation, redness, flaking and scaling associated with seborrheic dermatitis. Scalpicin’s medication does not wash away like shampoos. Available in 1.5 and 2.5-ounce applicator bottles. Colorless, odorless, greaseless, Scalpicin is concentrated medication. Use anytime scalp itch flares up for up to seven days …
- Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment for Itchy, Irritated Skin is made of 100% pure natural colloidal oatmeal – a long recognized ingredient that relieves itching naturally. In the unique bath products for Aveeno(R), natural colloidal oatmeal is milled to an ultra-fine powder. When dispersed in water, this powder forms a soothing milky bath. After bathing, skin becomes softer and smoother and itch …
- Customer Reviews