Some really exciting things are happening here at Q-Based Healthcare, especially with our Liceadex™ line of Lice treatment products. . Expect to see some pretty big changes over the next few weeks, which will only be the beginning of what we have planned for the summer, and early fall, just in time for Back to School, and Head Lice Prevention month, in September. Everyone here is on pins and needles about what’s going on, and I wish I could tell you more, but all will be revealed soon.
Be sure to check this blog frequently for updates, and visit our Lice Treatment products in our shopping cart to see our latest developments.
Thanks for reading!
Facts and Details
- Chlorine found in pool water does not kill head lice.
- Screening for nits alone is not an accurate way of predicting which children will become infested, and screening for live lice has not been proven to have a significant effect on the incidence of head lice in a school community over time.
- It is important to note that a head Lice cure will require more than one treatment.
- Head lice are most common in preschool and elementary school children.
- Head lice are spread by direct contact with the hair of an infested person.
- Current evidence does not support the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of classroom or school-wide screening for decreasing the incidence of head lice among school children.
- In environments where children are together, adults should be aware of the signs and symptoms of head lice infestation, and affected children should be treated promptly to minimize spread to others.
- The most successful way to get rid of lice is with a nit comb.
- Head lice images can give you a better understanding of the lice problem.
- Adults who live with children also have a higher risk of exposure to head lice.
- Head lice are not a health hazard or a sign of uncleanliness and are not responsible for the spread of any disease.
- If you are not sure if a person has head lice, the diagnosis should be made by a health care provider, school nurse, or a professional from the local health department or agricultural extension service.
- One sign of head lice is a persistent itching of the scalp.
Want to Know More?
From the Socialscape
- @mattdimillo3 well head lice isn’t really an option, so I’d say you have to step up to something a little more classy.. (not gt boutique)
- http://t.co/8YDF7NfV Comparative efficacy of commercial combs in removing head lice (Pediculus humanus capitis)… http://t.co/gRyXbPCQ
Getting Rid of Lice
Tips on eliminating lice is very important when you are suffering the problem of lice infestation. If you have school age children ages 12 and below you are probably aware of the Head Lice infestations and the tips on eliminating lice is indeed important. Finding and tips on eliminating lice on your children can be a very traumatic experience for parents, but once you get informed about these pests you will have the tips on eliminating lice will solve the problem. It is important for parents to know tips on eliminating lice with less chemical usage due to a neurotoxin activity. They are also potentially carcinogenic, so be sure to follow the instructions and do not leave the product on your child’s hair longer than recommended by the manufacturer. Many people do not want to use these toxic pesticides on their children for safety reasons, and there are pesticide free alternatives that are considered free.
More Lice Resources:
Most Effective Head Lice Treatment
There are many tips on eliminating lice. The first thing is to get rid of all the immature and mature lice using a lice comb. This stops any new nits from being laid and starts a 10 day countdown where all the existing nits will be hatching. The second thing is persistent removal of any remaining nits and immature lice that hatch during the 10 day period. These are helpful tips on eliminating lice that will truly lice infestation problems.
Did You Know?
- Medicated shampoos or cream rinses containing pyrethrins or permethrin are preferred for treating people with head lice.
- Head lice are most common in children 3 to 12 years of age.
- Tea tree oil lice removal products are known for their familiarity with several saloons; people crowd several salons to get utmost relief from these head bugs.
- Head lice infection, also known as pediculosis, is very common and can occur at any age, to either sex and is not limited to the poor or certain racial or ethnic groups.
- Usually head lice do not cause serious health problems, but they can be annoying and emotionally traumatic.
- The only way someone can become infested with head lice is by direct contact with an infested object or person.
- In the United States, children in preschool and elementary school are most likely to get head lice.
- Head lice are also known as Pediculus capitus, and an infestation is commonly referred to aspediculiasis .
- Before starting any lice removal process, make sure to take a look at somehead lice pictures, to learn more abouthead lice life cycle, and to understandhead lice symptoms.
- Head lice feed on human blood which results in severe itching.
- Lime juice as a home remedy is to use the first method.
- There is no evidence that products such as tea tree oil or aroma therapy work to treat head lice.
- Before providing a head lice cure, it is important that your child be examined to determine whether head lice are present.
Related Blog Posts
- New treatments for head lice are needed. In a pair of randomized, controlled trials involving 765 patients, a single application of topical ivermectin had an.
- As a parent who has dutifully combed nits from my children’s hair, the promise of a no-comb treatment for head lice sounds mighty appealing. An article in today’s New England Journal of Medicine looks like a slam dunk for …
- Head lice are small, wingless parasitic insects that feast on tiny amounts of blood sucked from the human scalp. They don t spread disease, but the itchy bites.
- Kleen Free Naturally is a proven biodegradable enzyme cleaner that is used world wide as a natural eliminator and multi-purpose cleaner. We sell it in a concentrated (8 to 1 with water) and pre-mixed form, large and small quantities. Please contact: ELFbrands .com for more information. This revolutionary product is now available to the general consumer. Preformed enzymes have been used widely in r …
- Head Lice troubles are frustrating enough to annoy anyone with itching dilemmas; but have you noticed what does lice look like, the foe, which is the reason for stroke. Head insects are known for their hygiene dying actions. It likes to make their society on the head of the human beings that is why they have been called head lice. These bugs lay nits and eggs to construct a society to irritate hea …
More on This from Twitter
Kill Lice and Protect the Children
How to kill lice and protect the children is the most frequent questions being asked by parents. Understanding head lice can arm anyone with the knowledge to kill lice and protect the children. How to kill lice and protect the children can be easy once these parasites has been identified. Discuss options with the doctor if OTC medicated treatments and they will also give tips on how to kill lice and protect the children. The doctor can recommend how to kill lice and protect the children for a particular case at hand.
At first it is important to know the life cycle of these parasites as to learn on how to kill lice and protect the children.The life cycle of head lice mainly comprises of three stages- Eggs, Nymph and adult stages. In the life cycle of head lice, the egg stage lasts for about three weeks. The eggs to nymph stage lasts for 3 to 12 days. The nymph to adult stage lasts from 7 to 14 days. Lice live as adults for 10 days. This life cycle will help us find ideas on how to kill lice and protect the children.
The nits are the eggs produced by head or pubic lice. These nits are held by a glue-like substance on the hair shaft. Removing them from the hair shaft is important as it is the way to to kill lice and protect the children. It is usually difficult and nit combs are commonly used. Nits must be removed as to kill lice and protect the children.
Infestation is a situation in which large numbers of organisms come together in a single area. Infestation must be avoided as to to kill lice and protect the children. We suggest you disinfect with Benzalchonium Chloride to kill lice and protect the children. Preventing re-infestation is another way to kill lice and to protect the children.
On the other hand, Lindane is a very toxic chemical used in to kill the lice and protect the children. However, in many states, it is banned. There are other effective solutions to kill lice and protect the children available that are nontoxic. All StopTM offers these nontoxic solutions that work safely and FAST!
Another chemicals are Malathion and Permethrin used to kill lice and protect the children. Malathion is an insecticide that is sometimes used in the treatment of clothing and bedding which is also used to kill lice and protect the children. Permethrin has the same purpose as to to kill lice and protect the children. All StopTM offers other nontoxic solutions that work safely and FAST!
A Safe Non Toxic Head Lice Treatment
Additional Resources About Head Lice: