Anyone have any home remedies for getting rid of head lice?
Head Lice Treatment
My children were exposed to Head Lice around 4th of July and i have been checking them aleast 2 times a day since I found out. Well any when checking my daughter last night I found lice eggs. So I ran to wal-Mart and bought bedding spray,and a product called licefreee! a homepathic Pediculicid it is pharmacist recommend kills lice and the eggs and most important is free from potentially harmful pesticides and is safe for repeated applications.(Non-toxic).
I am washing everything in hot water and drying it at a hot temp. also I sprayed everything with the bedding spray. I’m sure that I’ve done a very good job and I also made sure my children didn’t have anymore eggs/nits or bugs i comb it w/a nit comb throughly. I’m just needing serious suggestion on any home remedies that you might of heard that worked or tried yourself in case they ever return. also if you have any suggestions on how/or what to use to keep from getting them. Thanks alot ahead of time. This is very frustrating
Head Lice Issues
You appear to be doing what you need to do, and have some good advice here as well. I’ve noticed no one has answered this part:
>> also if you have any suggestions on how/or what to use to keep from getting them
The only way to keep from getting them is to stay away from people who are infested — and I mean Head Lice – body lice – lice treatment – lice infestation” width=”150″ height=”150″ />more than 20 feet. Don’t invite infested people into your home. Don’t go into a school classroom where there are infested students.
Good luck with that. Live, learn, use the nit comb periodically.
Click here for Home Remedies for Head Lice.
Best Head Lice Remedy
Head lice treatment gel is made to treat even the worse cases of head lice with the first application. Guaranteed effective. Liceadex Head Lice Treatment & Nit Removal Gel 4oz :: Treatment for One Person with shoulder length hair. Easy one step Head Lice treatment system. No oils or mess. Finish treatment in 20 minutes! Great for busy parents. Rinses out completely and no pesticides.
-Anyone have any home remedies for getting rid of Head Lice?-
More Important Facts
- Head lice move by crawling; they cannot hop or fly.
- Head lice infest the head and neck and attach their eggs to the base of the hair shaft.
- Before starting any lice removal process, make sure to take a look at somehead lice pictures, to learn more abouthead lice life cycle, and to understandhead lice symptoms.
- Head lice are tiny insects the size of a sesame seed.
- Head lice are the cause of much embarrassment and misunderstanding, many unnecessary days lost from school and work, and millions of dollars spent on remedies.
- Before providing a head lice cure, it is important that your child be examined to determine whether head lice are present.
- Indiscriminate use of antibiotics may lead to antibiotic resistant bacteria or antibiotic-related colitis (Clostridium difficile infection).
- Some parents claim mayonnaise, white vinegar, or tea tree oil are effective natural remedies for head lice.
Related Blog Posts
- New FDA-approved lotion, Sklice, has about 73% effectiveness in controlled studies. This doesn’t compare to the 100% guaranteed effectiveness of an Elimilice treatment, often at a much lower cost.
- A couple of cases of head lice have been reported to the school and we thought that this would be a good opportunity to share some helpful hints on how to detect and, if need be, treat/remove head lice. Although it is more …
- You know that your child has been in school for about a month, when you get the flier about Head lice. Nobody wants to hear that Head lice is going around at school. The thought makes all of us cringe as we think about those …
If you have heard about Tea Tree Oil and have wondered what it is and how it can be used, this is THE book to read.Author Ruth Elston presents an overview of the research and the history behind this remarkable healing oil; complete with an A – Z list of its many medical and household uses. Here are a just a few of things you will learn in this book:
- Nit Free TERMINATOR Comb is the ultimate Tool to fight Head Lice and their eggs (nits). ANTI-SLIP BANDS allow for better gripping and control. ADVANCED LASER TECHNOLOGY welding make the comb sturdy and long-lasting. MICROGROOVED TEETH consist of microscop …
- If you have heard about Tea Tree Oil and have wondered what it is and how it can be used, this is THE book to read.Author Ruth Elston presents an overview of the research and the history behind this remarkable healing oil; complete with an A – Z list of its many medical and household uses. Here are a just a few of things you will learn in this book:
- Kleen Free Naturally is a proven biodegradable enzyme cleaner that is used world wide as a natural eliminator and multi-purpose cleaner. We sell it in a concentrated (8 to 1 with water) and pre-mixed form, large and small quantities. Please contact: ELFbrands .com for more information. This revolutionary product is now available to the general consumer. Preformed enzymes have been used widely in r …
- A non-toxic, pesticide-free product proven to wash away head lice and their eggs (nits). This revolutionary, cleansing product uses a combination of naturally occurring enzymes to harmlessly remove lice and their eggs without the risks associated with pesticide poison. Everyone can benefit from the lice good-bye lice infestation removal kit. Facts of lice: head lice is a human parasite and only li …
- The New & Improved Liceadex Lice & Nit Removal Gel has a natural, non-toxic formula that is safe for kids but deadly to Lice and Nits. The non-toxic Gel is free of permethrins and pyrethrins, and instead uses naturally occurring minerals to kill Lice and Nits on contact. The Liceadex Gel is easily applied to hair and makes application pleasant for both you and your child. The formula is also safe …
From the Socialscape
- http://t.co/0PdoGLVB Comparative efficacy of commercial combs in removing head lice (Pediculus humanus capitis)… http://t.co/RlXY67uF