I Have A Poison Ivy Rash For Two Days. Besides Topical And Allergy Meds What Would Be The Best Treatment Now?
Poison Ivy Rash Problem
For a home remedy , try applying the crushed leaves of jewel weed (Impatiens capensis). For a picture of jewel weed, see the photo below. The beauty of this poison ivy rash home remedy is that jewel weed is a common weed in damp areas. This “treatment” may very well be growing right in your own backyard!
But there is another kind of treatment for poison ivy rash: namely, prevention. If you realize you’ve just come into contact with poison ivy, take the following steps immediately:
- Apply rubbing alcohol to the infected area.
- Rinse with water (any water).
- Wash up with soap and warm water.
Other Resources – Get the Poison Ivy Facts
- Signs of Poison Ivy Rash
- Poison Ivy Topic Overview
- Identifying Poison Ivy
- Outsmarting Poison Ivy Plants
- Safe and Reliable Poison Ivy Treatment
So what makes poison ivy rash (and poison oak and poison sumac, too)…well, poisonous? The answer is urushiol, which is the sap that runs through all parts of the plant. Grazing against poison ivy with any exposed part of your body is all that it takes to release this poison. Complicating matters further, contact with poison ivy rash does not even have to be direct for you to contract the poison ivy rash. For instance, if your dog runs through some poison ivy, then you stroke your dog’s fur with your hand, you could come into contact with the sap and develop a poison ivy rash. Likewise, if someone else had been working in a poison ivy-infested area with gloves, then you came along and touched those contaminated gloves, you could get the poison ivy rash.
So if the poison is spread that easily, poison ivy must be contagious, right? Wrong. It’s only the urushiol that puts you at risk. Scratching your bumps doesn’t cause the poison ivy to spread to other areas of your body. Nor will you contract the poison ivy rash just by touching somebody else’s poison ivy rash bumps. Once the bumps are present, the damage that the urushiol can inflict has already been inflicted.
Our active ingredient in our All Stop Poison Ivy Gel, Benzalkonium Chloride, (in the right concentrations) is commonly used in pharmaceuticals such as leave-on skin antiseptics, towelettes, wet wipes while also being used in the medical field in preparations used for skin disinfection prior to use of syringes. Our All Stop Infection Protection GEl is a rapidly acting biocidal agent with a moderately long duration of action. They are active against bacteria and some viruses, fungi, and protozoa. It’s effective treatment for Poison Ivy.
Oatmeal and milk bath.. grind up the oatmal in a food processor or coffee grinder, and buy some dry milk.. put about a cup each into your bath.. soothes the skin..
Find out more about the most effective treatment for poison ivy here.
First Aid Gel to stop the burning and itching of Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac and help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Our Poison Ivy Healing Gel is the best treatment for poison ivy cause it penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
Effective Treatment for Poison Ivy
It’s also effective against skin irritations and minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, and burns, and the convenient travel size makes it perfect to throw in a purse, pocket or backpack to provide instant relief where ever you go. It’s the best treatment for poison ivy.
Learn More with Additional Poison Ivy Resources
- Recognizing Poison Ivy Plant
- Look Out For Poison Ivy Plants
- Avoiding Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Plants
- Guaranteed 100% Poison Ivy Treatment
Dealing with Poison Ivy Itch
Light snow was quickly changing to squall like conditions. The wind was no longer a playful companion gently pushing dried oak leaves in a delicate woodland dance over a fluffy carpet of snow. Those were the conditions that greeted me two weeks ago today when I set out for my first wintery hike on an easily accessible trail system: Hawk Woods. But six hours later, Interstate 75 was to be a…
All Stop Poison Ivy Itch Remedy
The All Stop Complete Triple Action Individual Pack for Poison Ivy Itch is everything you need to relieve the itch, treat your skin and the items in your environment that may have Urushiol Oil left on it. This is the complete pack to eliminate the itch, stop the spreading of the rash and prevent re-contamination of Poison Ivy Itch from your gear.
Stops the Poison Ivy Itch and Burning Fast!
- Sleep better at night without waking up scratching because of poison ivy itch and rashes.
- Stops the spreading of the Urushiol oil to other parts of the body.
- Less stress and peace of mind with less irritation on the skin.
- You have control over the allergic reaction to the plants oil.
- Stop being irritable with family members because you are scratching all the time
- You can rest assured the itch will not return.
- Allows you to wear the clothing you want to wear without feeling embarrassed by your poison ivy rash.
- Do not have to worry about the redness of your skin anymore.
- You no longer have to spend money on different poison ivy itch treatments and going to the doctor.
- Stop the agony of your skin burning all of the time.
- Get your comfort back without having the itch and burn from poison ivy.
- Feel comfortable again because of the soothing effects.
Additional Resources – Get the Poison Ivy Facts