Do-it-yourself Poison Ivy Remedies
Do you know some poison ivy remedies? There are several poison ivy remedies that you can do at home. While the effectivity of these cures are not scientifically proven, they’re worth a try. Below are poison ivy remedies you can try at home:
Apple Cider Vinegar – Other white vinegars may work also but apple cider vinegar is reported to work best. Vinegar poison ivy remedies give instant relief from itch. Just sprinkle it on the rash and it helps with the itch and promotes healing.
Oatmeal – Apply a layer of boiled, warm oatmeal on the rash. Apply thick and let it harden.
Banana Peel – Rub the inside of a banana peel on the poison ivy rash. This relieves the itching and cools the skin affected by the rash.
Baking Soda – This is another one of the home poison ivy remedies that seem to work wonders. Just mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda to 1 teaspoon water. Mix to form a thick paste and apply to the rash and let it dry. You can also soak the affected area in a baking soda bath.
Dishwashing Liquid – This makes sense of all the home poison ivy remedies listed. The anti-grease agents in the liquid washes off the urushoil oil from the plant that gets on the skin and causes the rashes and itching.
Get the Best Poison Ivy Treatment
Additional Poison IvyResources:
- Poison Ivy Plants
- What causes poison ivy rash?
- Signs of poison ivy rash
- Best poison ivy rash Treatment
- Control of Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Rash
Effective poison ivy remedies
While the poison ivy remedies listed above are cheap and can be readily found at home, they are not scientifically proven and may not work in all cases. If the above-mentioned suggestions fail, you can try the Most-Effective AllStop Poison Ivy treatment kit. This treatment kit stops the itch and promotes healing of the poison ivy rash. It is the most effective of the poison ivy remedies found on the market today. What is the best poison ivy remedies?
Choosing best poison ivy remedies is difficult!
I recommend you to use Complete Poison Ivy Treatment Kit. It is Antimicrobial – Antiseptic – Urishol Oil remover Your Complete Kit will wash away the Poison Ivy Urishol Oil off your skin and out of your pores quickly and easy, while the Poison Ivy Gel will stop the itch, soothe and heal the skin. Prevents secondary bacterial infections. Heals the skin.
- Herbicides used to kill Poison Ivy can kill surrounding plants and vegetation if not carefully applied.
- Allergies are often the body’s natural reaction to a foreign substance in the environment, and the body responds by producing histamine in an attempt to attack the unwanted substance.
- Some people are less likely to break out in a rash, but that does not necessarily mean that they are immune.
- Smothering entails cutting the plants back close to the ground, then placing newspapers, cardboard, old carpeting, tarps, mulch or some other covering on top.
- Poison Ivy rashes that would require medical intervention by a physician would include rashes that cover large portions of the body, swelling around the eyes, mouth, and joints.
- Oral antihistamines like benadryl are generally used for mild relief of Poison Ivy symptoms.
- Ortho Poison Ivy Killer (active ingredient triclopyr), if used sparingly, will kill poison ivy but not trees it grows around.
- A top poison ivy cure that is recommended by actual dermatologists is giving the exposed area an oatmeal bath or using baking soda as these can help to speed up the healing process.
- People respond differently to the poison ivy rashes; some have a severe Poison Ivy Rash reactions that require a visit to the doctor to get a shot.
- An over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream can be a useful poison ivy treatment in the very beginning of the rash or after the blisters have dried out.
- Baking soda is an effective and quick poison ivy home remedy as it is easily available in most kitchens and has a soothing effect immediately.
Get Immediate Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac Relief
Irritating, itchy rashes and blisters driving you mad? You’ve used over-the-counter products and the prescriptions but they don’t work very well, or not at all. Hundreds of thousands of All Stop™ customers have experienced the fast and welcome relief to Poison Ivy suffering our Poison Ivy Healing Gel and Citris Skin Exfoliator provides. Isn’t immediate relief what you now?
- Protection from Poison Ivy, Oak, & Sumac
- Immediate, On-Contact Itch Relief
- Stops Spreading of the Rash
- Decreases Rash Development & Severity
- Eliminates Secondary Infection Caused by Scratching
All Stop™ Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel and Citris Skin Exfoliator is made for immediate effectiveness and will work where other over-the-counter treatments, prescription creams or alternative natural remedies do not. But don’t just take our word for it because you can try it NOW risk-free! And with our quick delivery you can find it in your hands as near as tomorrow!
- Proven 98.8% Success Rate!
- Triple-Action, Penetrating Formula
- Safely Treats You, Your Family & Your Environment
Developed in our FDA-approved laboratories and supported by extensive research and testing, All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel provides a powerful TRIPLE-ACTION formula that is safe enough for use on the face and children over 2 years of age. A topical gel applied directly to the rash, it will soothe your irritated skin and reduce itching and inflammation, without any side effects! Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel will relieve your itch IMMEDIATELY, prevent infection due to scratching and also effectively treat any blisters. In addition, we offer products to stop spreading of the plant’s oil to your clothes, camping gear, boots, etc.
Additional Poison Ivy Resources
- Most Recommended Poison Ivy Treatment
- What Causes The Poison Ivy Rash
- Look Out For Poison Ivy Plants
- Outsmarting Poison Ivy
- Recognising Poison Ivy
After 8 years and over 200,000 customers, our formulations have been refined, tested, produced in FDA/EPA labs across the country and are guaranteed to work as advertised. Our expedited fulfillment can have your order to you in as little as a day and we offer customer service 5 days a week to help you if you need. Our complete and comprehensive regimens and videos demonstrate step-by-step how to work the system to assure your success. We ship internationally and as well as serve all of the U.S.
Because of our unique connection and feedback with our customers, we have been able to perfect our formulations and regimens to meet the ever changing requirements with today’s problems. Timely fulfillment, 5 days a week customer service, rapid response to our customers’ needs along with our very effective products has fueled the amazing growth of All Stop.
As our satisfied customers have experienced, we promise that our Poison Ivy treatment will:
- Stop the itching ON CONTACT
- Work the first time guaranteed
- Prevent and effectively treat existing secondary bacterial infections
- Decrease the severity of your rash
- Stop spreading of the rash
- Prevent transmission and re-contamination by cleaning the items in your environment
- Can be shipped with “Emergency Expedited Shipping Options”
- Contain no harsh or toxic chemicals and no side effects
- Be Simple, Safe and Painless to use
How It works
All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel, a unique blend of quaternary ammonium compounds, is a topical skin treatment specifically designed to penetrate the skin and chemically bond with Urushiol. This neutralizes the urushiol and stops the allergic reaction in its tracks. All Stop Citris Skin Exfoliator gently scrubs away all trace of urishol on and in your skin. You’ll begin to feel results within minutes!
All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel is easy to use and it’s safe! ONLY All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel penetrates deep enough to attack the irritation where it starts.
All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel and All Stop Citris Skin Exfoliator were developed for maximum effectiveness in stopping the Poison Ivy, Poison Oak or Poison Sumac reaction before it starts. If applied 15 minutes prior to contact, All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel forms an invisible barrier between you and the urushiol oil. This provides you with the necessary time needed to wash away the urushiol oil before it is absorbed into your skin. If applied within 8 hours after contact, All Stop Citris Skin Exfoliatorwill greatly reduce the chance of the reaction even occurring at all!
All Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel has Unique Cell Binding capabilities and Anticeptical properties which allow it to also effectively treat other sources of irritation, including but not limited to:
Mosquito, fire ant, and spider bites
Bee and wasp stings
Soothes the pain of jelly fish stings
Minor burns & sunburns
Gets Rid of 99.9% of the bacteria, fungus and viruses within 20 seconds of contact!
Every hunter, outdoorsman, gardener or forest serviceman will findAll Stop Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac Healing Gel to be a valued necessity before going into the outdoors!
Poison Ivy Remedies
Jewel weed!! you can get jewel weed soap, from Burt’s bees it helps curing the Poison ivy. I just get the bar wet and rub it on the affected area and let it dry.
Spray it with pure alcohol (not the kind you drink, the clear kind you get at the drug store) and or a mixture of alcohol and tea tree oil (i put mostly alcohol with just about 1/8 tea tree, proportionally. Putting the alcohol and tea tree in a small spray bottle helps you put it on without making the poison ivy itch when you’re applying it). Then cover the oozy ones with loose bandages so they won’t spread and change the bandages many times during the day, spraying the area with the alcohol/tea tree stuff then let it dry and put bandages back on.
First Aid Gel to stop the burning and itching of Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac and help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Learn More About Poison Ivy – Other Resources
- Safe and Effective Poison Ivy Treatment
- Poison Ivy Plants Facts
- Look Out For Poison Ivy Plants
- All About Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Treatment Guide
Poison Ivy Healing Gel penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
It’s also effective against poison ivy skin irritations and minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, and burns, and the convenient travel size makes it perfect to throw in a purse, pocket or backpack to provide instant relief where ever you go.