Some cool Poison Ivy Remedy images:
Image by pris.sears
Name: Impatiens walleriana
Common Name: Garden Impatiens
Comes in many colors, pinks, whites, salmons, etc. Likes shade and lots of moisture. You can tell it’s time to water when the impatiens and coleus start wilting.
Impatiens means "impatient" – this is because of the seed pods. When the fat green seed pod is ripe, touching it will cause it to explode! It flings seeds in all directions, "impatient" to get them to the ground.
Walleriana is for Horace Waller, a 19th century missionary in central Africa (Dave’s Garden)
The family name Balsaminaceae comes from an old generic name for Impatiens, Balsam. Balsam may refer to the sap that comes from the Impatiens if it is cut or crushed. Euell Gibbons recommended using this clear sap from the wild Impatiens ("Jewelweed") as a remedy for poison ivy.
Image by groggy.girl
Not only pretty, but a remedy for poison ivy.
I Just got Poison Ivy stings on three of my fingers. I don’t remember the homemade poison ivy remedy to help stop the tingling.help!
I know that there are several remedies you can use right there in your home. But I am itching so much I can’t even thing straight!
I don’t have any money and I need help fast; can anyone help me please.
Home Made Poison Ivy Remedy
There are several things you can use in your home. I will list a few here. But the first thing is that you must wash off the oils very well one the places the oil touched. Take off your clothes too and wash your hair too! Get squeeky clean from soaping your entire body. Wash your dog too if he was with you.
- Apply some alcohol to the itchy areas
- Apply some calomine lotion. This will ease the itch and help heal the skin too
- Apply some aloe vera juice, tofu or watermellon rinds. These soothe and dry out the rash.
- Mix a tablespoon of water with oatmeal OR baking soda OR cornstarch OR epson salt.
Learn More – Other Poison Ivy Resources
- Wiki – Poison Ivy
- Identifying Poison Ivy Plant
- Look Out For Poison Ivy Plant
- Signs of Poison Ivy Rash
- Safe and Effective Poison Ivy Treatment
Poison Ivy Remedy – Over The Counter
- Technu – This product serves mainly as a WASH for poison ivy, oak or sumac resin. It’s very popular and the main ingredient is mineral spirits and some alchohol compounds. Its got a unique formula that combines an exfoliating scrub to remove the poison Urushiol oils that cause rashes. Can be used within hours of exposure or after rash breaks out. While this product does indeed have some benefits, The International Journal of Dermatology concluded after one of its studies, that it offered no benefit when compared to washing with dial soap.
- Ivy Block – Ivy Block is a preventative and not a poison ivy itch stopper or healer. Ivy Block is an easy-to-apply pre-exposure lotion that guards against poison ivy, oak and sumac. Ivy Block is applied just like sunscreen to all exposed skin. It dries quickly and protects the skin from harmful plant oils with bentoquatam. It is such a good absorber of oil, that the bentonite can be used to treat other skin conditions such as acne and excessive oilyness to the skin.
- Hydrocortison – While hydrocortison relieves the itch, it does not have immediate effects; it could take about 4 to 6 hrs to work! Hydrocortison Hexal is in a class of drugs called steroids. Hydrocortison Hexal prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It does shut down the inflammation on a cellular level.
- Ivarest - This is a reasonably good product; there is actually some benzyl alcohol in the product. The formula also features calamine, a well-known skin protectant, to help dry the rash. Ivarest Cleansing Foam is formulated to remove the cause of the poison ivy, oak or sumac rash both before and after a reaction has occurred and to soothe and comfort the skin during washing. Its a good formulation and its priced right; however its really nothing more than dial soap or rubbing alcohol versus technu. I consider this product a wanta-be.
- The All Stop Complete Triple Action Kit is everything you need to relieve the itch, treat your skin and the items in your environment that may have Urushiol Oil left on it. The fast-acting poison ivy remedy complete pack to eliminate the itch, stop the spreading of the rash and prevent re-contamination of Poison Ivy from your gear.Why Our Allstop Poison Ivy Treatment Is Best Over Other Products
- Other products do not prevent secondary bacterial infection from the scratching
- Other products do not heal the skin
- Not all products eliminate the itch
- Not all products remove the urishol oil from the skin.
Our Poison Ivy Treatment does all four things above. When you shop for your Poison Ivy treatments, always inquire to make sure you are getting the best.
What Is Poison Ivy?
All About Poison Ivy
Anyone that has had it will tell you that it can be unpleasant. Exposure to poison ivy could be a really vexing if not distressing experience. Once your skin has been exposed, it appears to take on a life of its own : a unpleasant, itchy rash that spreads swiftly is irritated easily, and is extremely contagious-both from individual to individual as well as from body part to body part. Whether you have experienced exposure to this plant before or not, knowing the easy methods in which to stop this condition is totally critical. If this happens to you do not allow your hands to touch the influenced area and speedily get to a place where you can wash with soapy water.
Occasionally folk know that they just came into contact with this threatening plant. It takes about ten mins for urushiol to absolutely absorb into the skin, so if you can wash that section of you skin fast you will hugely reduce the scale of your rash. In general, folk aren’t aware that they touched this plant till a rash appears the following day. There isn’t any poison ivy cure, only items that may help reduce the itch and pain. Not everybody is allergic to poison ivy but whether or not you are not you may still be wary and ensure you don’t touch the plant and carry round the plant’s oils on you as it can be dangerous to others. Recovery from poison ivy typically takes between 2 – 3 weeks, but if at any point symptoms get worse or you don’t see any improvement after a brief period of time, you need to consider seeing a doctor. At least get a prescription for stronger drugs as there are steroid treatments that may be used to treat poison ivy rash.
Effects Of Poison Ivy
If at any time poison ivy is swallowed, prompt vomiting right away, otherwise don’t try and treat it yourself, you want to instantly seek hospital treatment. There are lots of treatments you may use at anytime to find relief from the poison ivy rash. Urushiol oil is found in every part of the poison ivy plant including the leaves, berries, and stems. Exposure to smoke from any burning plants may also cause an internal rash, and dreadful internal damage. You can develop a poison ivy rash by touching any piece of the plant. Consider yourself fortunate if you haven’t yet been influenced, but plan to safeguard yourself while removing it. Every part of this plant, including the roots, contain oils that may cause skin rash and can be terribly dangerous if they get into the eyes or are breathed.
Prior to starting, have the following items : A closely woven long sleeve shirt with a collar that may be buttoned high round the neck. Long pants One or 2 pair of heavy rubber gloves ( minimum ) with long handcuffs Heavy shoes or boots that may be washed down Wide brimmed hat Close fitting glasses and a respirator mask. Have multiple masks if you are planning on working in a couple of sessions as you will be wanting to drop a mask when you take it off.
Your Complete Kit will wash away the Poison Ivy Urishol Oil off your skin and out of your pores quickly and easy, while the Poison Ivy Gel will stop the itch, soothe and heal the skin. Prevents secondary bacterial infections. Heals the skin.
Walk away knowing you have reduced or eliminated your poison ivy outbreak any time you come in contact with poison ivy with our Citrus Exfoliating Scrub.
First Aid Gel to help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- 4 oz. / 118 ml Poison Ivy Healing Gel
- 8 oz / 236 ml Citrus Exfoliating Scrub (Urishol oil remover).
Other Poison Ivy Resources: