Poison Ivy Cream
Poison ivy cream has been classed into 2 categories, prevention and treatment of poison ivy dermatitis. Poison ivy cream and gels can form a protective barrier that can prevent or delay the skin’s exposure to urushiol while Poison Ivy Creams have actives to relieve reactive Poison Ivy symptoms such as itching, redness, rashes and swelling.
Poison Ivy Cream – Preventative or barrier creams
Blocking type Poison Ivy Cream that is applied to the skin prior to going out in areas where poison ivy is prevalent. In many cases, the Poison Ivy Cream and gels will give you enough time to wash and scrub off the urushiol once you realize you were exposed to Poison Ivy with poison ivy cream. Unfortunately for most poison ivy sufferers,cream prescribed for poison ivy, they weren’t forward thinking enough in their outdoor adventure to even plan on an accidental poison ivy encounter that they may have prepared a poison ivy cream. They must include poison ivy cream in their kit. It is important to note that most Poison Ivy Cream is only a temporary barrier and you must wash off the urushiol as soon as practical to avoid a Poison Ivy reaction and outbreak.
There are many types of over the counter Poison Ivy Cream for poison ivy including antihistamines poison ivy cream, hydrocortisone poison ivy cream, alcohol-based poison ivy cream, analgesic poison ivy cream, and antiseptic poison ivy cream or gels.
- Antihistamines poison ivy cream, although are effective in stopping the Poison Ivy itch have their own reactions depending on the strength of the active.
- Steroids come in oral works as well as poison ivy cream, injectable and topically applied cream forms. Oral corticosteroids such as prednisone are by prescription from a doctor and can be very effective at supplementing the corticosteroids that you produce naturally to ward off many inflammations such as colds and poison ivy. Some steroids, such as Benzocaine require more careful consideration as those with asthma and heart disease are at risk of overdosing creating secondary and more serious problems.
- Alcohol-based scrubs and poison ivy cream are best used during early exposure and reactive symptoms before blisters are formed. These scrubs are effective in removing urushiol from the skin during the first week of exposure, thus minimizing if not eliminating the risk of outbreak. Scrubbing during advanced reactive outbreaks can rupture blisters can cause more pain as air comes in contact with the exposed, raw skin. This also increases the risk of infection creating more problems. If you know you have been exposed to poison ivy it is best to wash the exposed area immediately and thoroughly with a good orange soap before urushiol has a chance to attach and enter the skin.
- Analgesic poison ivy cream generally have other actives with them such as alcohol or steroids to treat multiple symptoms. By themselves they are marginally effective as they only treat one aspect of poison ivy.
- Antiseptic poison ivy cream include Calamine, a mixture of zinc and iron oxide. It has a mild anti-itching agent, mild antiseptic agent and used as an astringent to dry weeping blisters. Products with calamine generally contain other antiseptics and antihistamines. Benzalkonium chloride creams are very good antiseptics and surfactant (soap) treatments for poison ivy, impetigo. They also act as a drying agent to control weeping blisters, reduce swelling and itching, and aid in healing the outbreak.
Poison Ivy Cream Video
How to minimize risk for infection poison ivy?Poison Ivy Healing Gel is the best first aid poison ivy cream to stop the burning and itching of Poison Ivy rash and help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. Poison Ivy Healing Gel penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
The All Stop Complete Triple Action Individual Pack is everything you need to relieve the itch, treat your skin and the items in your environment that may have Urushiol Oil left on it. This is the complete pack to eliminate the itch, stop the spreading of the rash and prevent re-contamination of Poison Ivy from your gear.
-over the counter poison ivy treatment : Poison Ivy Cream-