What are some home remedies for poison ivy/oak?
Poison Ivy Rash
Buy the liquid Benadryl and pour on the spots. Let sit a few minutes and dry. Then buy clear nail polish and dab on the spots. This dries it up and seals it in so it doesn’t spread. This method also works for chiggars and such. I also heard someone say once that they used hair spray on their son’s poison ivy rash. I’m not sure how that works, but good luck. Oh, also repeat those steps once a day, especially after showering.
Most Effective Poison Ivy Healing Gel
First Aid Gel to stop the burning and itching of Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac and help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Poison Ivy Healing Gel penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
It’s also effective against skin irritations and minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, and burns, and the convenient travel size makes it perfect to throw in a purse, pocket or backpack to provide instant relief where ever you go.
Learn More About Poison Ivy – Other Resources
- Safe and Reliable Poison Ivy Treatment
- Avoiding Poison Ivy
- Control of Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Description
- Wiki – Poison Ivy
Stops the Itching and Burning of Poison Ivy Rash
Factoids on This Topic
- You should avoid scratching the affected area and avoid close skin contact with other people until the rash clears, as this can cause the rash to spread.
- Poison ivy treatment will likely involve oral steroids such as prednisone or even an immediate injection for the most severe cases.
- A top poison ivy cure that is recommended by actual dermatologists is giving the exposed area an oatmeal bath or using baking soda as these can help to speed up the healing process.
- Even a mild case of poison ivy can drive you up the wall with itching so the main poison ivy treatment is to deal with the itchiness.
- An over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream can be a useful poison ivy treatment in the very beginning of the rash or after the blisters have dried out.
- The subsequent outbreak of poison ivy (rash and blisters, poison ivy contagious) is the body’s response to Urushiol.