Popular Poison Ivy Remedies For You to Try
Several Popular Poison Ivy Remedies That Actually Soothe The Itch
One of the most annoying things in the world is the itch and rash caused by poison ivy. . The itching causes spreading and the spreading causes further itching. It can be a real vicious cycle if you don’t know how to get rid of this scourge.
Let me give you an overview of the most popular poison ivy remedies which are over-the-counter remedies AND Home Remedies. I know that a lot of them are not exactly second nature, so this will be sure to help you now or in the future, whenever’s the next time you get hit by the old poison ivy plant.
Many people swear by a method that just seems too simple to be true: pouring hot water over the rash. Take whatever part of your body itches, and stick it under warm water, say in the shower. Gently increase the hotness and decrease the coolness until it’s a little less hot than you can stand. Keep it right there. (Do not torture yourself or your kids; just use a little hotter than you would in the shower normally.) Let this hot water run over the poison-affected skin for as long as possible. Walk away for awhile and then come back periodically and repeat this method.
The other of the popular poison ivy remedies is yet another simple one. So many times in life the simplest and oldest remedies seem to work the best. Get in a bath that has had baking soda mixed into its water. This is a cheap method indeed. Soak in that baking soda water for a pretty long time. When you wake up the following morning you may find that the rash has notably abated.
Learn More About Poison Ivy Remedies with Additional Resources:
- Signs and Symptoms of Poison Ivy Rash
- Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac Facts
- Best Poison Ivy Relief
- Dealing With Poison Ivy
- Toxicodendron Radicans
Popular Do-It-Youself Poison Ivy Home Remedies
There are several things you can do to relieve the itch from Poison Ivy and these remedies are right there in your home. Below is a list of things you can do.
Home remedies for poison ivy #1: Apply Calendula lotion on the itchy areas. Its very good in relieving itching, and helping the body to heal faster.
Home remedies for poison ivy #2: Take the recommended amount of Zinc daily. Zinc helps when repairing skin tissue that has been damaged.
Home remedies for poison ivy #3: Taking Vitamin C is good for you especially with bioflavonoids. It also will help to prevent infection and the rapid spreading of the rash cause by poison . Vitamin C also reduces swelling.
Home remedies for poison ivy #4: Make a paste of the items below and apply over the affected skin.
- 1 tsp. of water with
- 3 tsp. of one of these dry ingredients;
- baking soda,
- oatmeal or
- Epson salts.
- Home remedies for poison ivy #5: For cooling relief, apply over the itching area aloe vera juice, tofu or watermelon rind, they soothe and dry poison ivy immediately.
Most Effective Poison Ivy Remedies
Facts and Details
- Allergies are often the body’s natural reaction to a foreign substance in the environment, and the body responds by producing histamine in an attempt to attack the unwanted substance.
- Poison ivy rashes can take up to three weeks to heal.
- Poison Ivy Healing Gelis the best first aid gel to stop the burning and itching of Poison Ivy blisters and help protect against the risk of skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Common table salt is another quick poison ivy home remedy and chances are high that if nothing else, you will have this in your kitchen.
- The fluid in the poison ivy blisters may cause the rash to spread.
- Typical poison ivy symptoms include red, dry, itchy skin, and blisters that drain fluid and may be tender or painful.
- As one of the easiest poison ivy rash treatment cures you can make, the Oatmeal Relief should be tried first.
- Roundup Ready to Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer is strong enough to kill kudzu, wild blackberry, poison oak, and other tough invasive weeds. …
- Customer Reviews
- Spectracide weed and grass killer ready-to-use is a non-selective herbicide formulated to quickly kill grass and weeds down to the root — in and around patios, driveways, walkways and fences, as well as around flowers, shrubs and trees and in large areas. …
- The Zanfel poison oak, ivy, and sumac (urishiol) topical wash treatment comes in a one-ounce tube, provides relief of pain and itching within 30 seconds, is safe for children, pregnant, and nursing women, and can be used on external body areas including the face and genitals. A wash treatment is a topical substance that provides physical relief to campers, landscapers, …
- Tecnu Outdoor Skin Cleanser. Use within 2-8 hours of exposure to remove the Urushiol oils that cause rashes from Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac. Eliminate recontamination by washing equipment, pets, clothing, and tools with Tecnu. Also used to remove skunk oil from pets. Use to remove poison plant oils before the rash begins! Available in 4 ounce, 12ounce & 32ounce sizes and a 6ounce pump spray! …