How can I Make a Homemade Poison Ivy Remedy?
I Just got Poison Ivy stings on three of my fingers. I don’t remember the homemade poison ivy remedy to help stop the tingling.help!
I know that there are several remedies you can use right there in your home. But I am itching so much I can’t even thing straight!
I don’t have any money and I need help fast; can anyone help me please.
Home Made Poison Ivy Remedy
There are several things you can use in your home. I will list a few here. But the first thing is that you must wash off the oils very well one the places the oil touched. Take off your clothes too and wash your hair too! Get squeeky clean from soaping your entire body. Wash your dog too if he was with you.
- Apply some alcohol to the itchy areas
- Apply some calomine lotion. This will ease the itch and help heal the skin too
- Apply some aloe vera juice, tofu or watermellon rinds. These soothe and dry out the rash.
- Mix a tablespoon of water with oatmeal OR baking soda OR cornstarch OR epson salt.
Learn More – Other Poison Ivy Resources
- Wiki – Poison Ivy
- Identifying Poison Ivy Plant
- Look Out For Poison Ivy Plant
- Signs of Poison Ivy Rash
- Safe and Effective Poison Ivy Treatment
Poison Ivy Remedy – Over The Counter
- Technu – This product serves mainly as a WASH for poison ivy, oak or sumac resin. It’s very popular and the main ingredient is mineral spirits and some alchohol compounds. Its got a unique formula that combines an exfoliating scrub to remove the poison Urushiol oils that cause rashes. Can be used within hours of exposure or after rash breaks out. While this product does indeed have some benefits, The International Journal of Dermatology concluded after one of its studies, that it offered no benefit when compared to washing with dial soap.
- Ivy Block – Ivy Block is a preventative and not a poison ivy itch stopper or healer. Ivy Block is an easy-to-apply pre-exposure lotion that guards against poison ivy, oak and sumac. Ivy Block is applied just like sunscreen to all exposed skin. It dries quickly and protects the skin from harmful plant oils with bentoquatam. It is such a good absorber of oil, that the bentonite can be used to treat other skin conditions such as acne and excessive oilyness to the skin.
- Hydrocortison – While hydrocortison relieves the itch, it does not have immediate effects; it could take about 4 to 6 hrs to work! Hydrocortison Hexal is in a class of drugs called steroids. Hydrocortison Hexal prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It does shut down the inflammation on a cellular level.
- Ivarest - This is a reasonably good product; there is actually some benzyl alcohol in the product. The formula also features calamine, a well-known skin protectant, to help dry the rash. Ivarest Cleansing Foam is formulated to remove the cause of the poison ivy, oak or sumac rash both before and after a reaction has occurred and to soothe and comfort the skin during washing. Its a good formulation and its priced right; however its really nothing more than dial soap or rubbing alcohol versus technu. I consider this product a wanta-be.
- The All Stop Complete Triple Action Kit is everything you need to relieve the itch, treat your skin and the items in your environment that may have Urushiol Oil left on it. The fast-acting poison ivy remedy complete pack to eliminate the itch, stop the spreading of the rash and prevent re-contamination of Poison Ivy from your gear.Why Our Allstop Poison Ivy Treatment Is Best Over Other Products
- Other products do not prevent secondary bacterial infection from the scratching
- Other products do not heal the skin
- Not all products eliminate the itch
- Not all products remove the urishol oil from the skin.
Our Poison Ivy Treatment does all four things above. When you shop for your Poison Ivy treatments, always inquire to make sure you are getting the best.