Problem With Poison Ivy Rash
I recently came in contact with poison ivy. For the first time I developed a rash from the poison ivy. It became so bad and spread over my arm, both legs and almost all of my torso that I made a trip to the ER.
. I was given a shot and a prescription for prednisone. It was seeming to get better. After completing the 7 days of prednisone I still have a rash on my stomach and my arms. They are on new areas than before I took my meds. It itches like crazy and seems to be getting worse. What is going on? Should I make another trip to the Dr’s or wait?
Other Resources – Get the Poison Ivy Facts
- Poison Ivy Treatment Guide
- Most Effective Poison Ivy Relief
- Signs and Symptoms of Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy Facts
- Poison Ivy Plant
Poison Ivy Rash Looks A Little Difference
Also the rash looks a little different. It is more just red and irritated.
I personally too have a “first time” reaction to posion Ivy. I have been to 2 ER’s and have been been put on Kefflex first and Prednisone the second, so now I have a appointment today for the shot. It started out as two bumbs and then they got all oozey and spread to more bumps that did the same. The funny thing is that those initial 2 have dried up even though they left scars, now it seems to have spread more on dfferent parts of my arms in a red swollen rashes and to the other arm as well. I know that this dose’nt actually give you any help but I will keep you informed as what my doctor says. I read that if you have suddend reddness and swelling that you are considered to having a severe reaction rather than the normal reaction. More to come this afternoon.
Looking for an effective treatment for poison ivy rash? Get rid of poison ivy fast with All Stop Healing Gel.
Safe and Reliable Poison Ivy Medicine Healing Gel
Poison Ivy Healing Gel penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
- To kill poison ivy that climbs high into trees, cut the vine off 6 inches above ground level.
- The technique for poison ivy treatment with plantain involves a variation on the poultice method of preparation.
- Poison ivy symptoms don’t cause a serious health risk, although they can still be quite unpleasant.
- The best way to avoid poison ivy symptoms is to learn what the plant looks like and avoid touching it.
- Poison ivy rashes are no laughing matter, and shouldn’t be taken lightly if you have an allergic reaction to the poison ivy plant.
- Poison ivy blisters are formed because of the substance called urushiol that is in the plant.
- There is a plant called Jewelweed that the Native Americans used as a treatment for poison ivy rashes, a large study found that it was ineffective in helping diminish the rashes
- Poison ivy blisters form and a clear fluid oozes from the blisters.
- Even if you are not allergic to poison ivy there’s no reason to open yourself up to the risk it presents.
Cools on contact, helps prevent peeling, gets rid of the burn while preserving the tan, plus it contains no artificial additives or colors! Helps treat sunburn, windburn, dry/cracked heels, Eczema, poison oak & ivy, insect bites, Psoriasis, welding burns, stove burns, and more! Great for first aid kits, Redneck Remedy sunburn treatment is a unique proprietary blend that helps to relieve and even e …
- Cools on contact, helps prevent peeling, gets rid of the burn while preserving the tan, plus it contains no artificial additives or colors! Helps treat sunburn, windburn, dry/cracked heels, Eczema, poison oak & ivy, insect bites, Psoriasis, welding burns, stove burns, and more! Great for first aid kits, Redneck Remedy sunburn treatment is a unique proprietary blend that helps to relieve and even e …
- Customer Reviews
I ride mountain bike trails. It is impossible to keep from touching poison ivy at some point. I DONT want to wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt while exercising…so what ointments/treatments are there to prevent poison ivy?
I have heard of IvyBlock…but what else works? All Stop Citrus Exfolliator and Poison Ivy Scrub removes the urushiol oil that causes poison ivy. And it is cheap too, under $10 for an 8oz. bottle. The special orange and pumice combination scrubs your skin very clean but needs to be used immediately after contact with poison ivy. The longer you wait the deeper into your skin the urushiol gets and scrubs become less effective. Make sense?
I have heard that sun screen lotion keeps it off of you?
I know how you feel. I like to walk through the woods here in Texas in shorts.
Wearing a lead fishing weight around your neck is popular in Mexico. I tried it and never got poison ivy with it but who knows?
I always jump in the pool immediately after my walk. Again, I feel this really helps.
Any type of oil will help but it should be washed off immediately afterwards and is not a sure cure. I know sun screen was not effective for me. I found poison ivy scrubs to be effective
I have had it all over my legs. Poison ivy gets in your blood. The best cure was a steroid shot in the hip at my doctor’s office. It took two shots for me and cleared it right up. Forget topical solutions.
All Signs of Poison Ivy Gone in 48 Hours!
“Brice decided to go four wheeling in his pa-paws pasture and returned home later in the day with a severe poison ivy reaction. It was horrible! I tried everything the first night to make him comfortable and nothing worked. My neighbor came over the next morning for coffee and when she saw what Brice was going through, she rushed home and returned with her All Stop Poison Ivy products.
. Within a few minutes his itch went away and in 24 hours the inflammation an redness was almost gone. 48 hours later….. all signs of poison ivy was all gone! I now keep some in my medicine cabinet for any future outbreaks.
Thanks All Stop.”
- Christy L, Texas
“After my husband returned from a hunting trip with friends, I was washing his hunting clothes, and I caught poison ivy!…There was oil from poison ivy on the outside of his clothing… I never even knew that someone could catch poison ivy that way.”
- Sarah, Montana
“I ordered the All Stop Poison Ivy Healing Gel because nothing else that I had used seemed to work for me. I was surprised and shocked that it started working with the first application on the first day! This spout of poison ivy on my face was highly painful for me but it started to go away on the first day, I was so amazed! I also called your customer support that day and received the answer to all my questions and was relieved to know there was someone available to help me. Thanks All Stop for such a great product.” PS sorry they [pictures] are so gruesome! BUT your product worked miracles!
- Brenda H. Mt. Sinai, NY
“Seth went fishing with his dad at a nearby fishing camp. Within a couple of days, poison ivy had spread all over his body. Seth had not slept in 3 days and his dad was ready to bring him to the hospital when my uncle, a Dermatologist, threw a plastic bag with a bottle & a jar of cream in it to Seth. He said, ‘Hey, boy, wash your skin with that stuff in the bottle, then put this cream on you. You’ll be ok. You don’t need the hospital.’
Within 15 minutes, Seth was sleeping on the couch and by that night, a lot of the redness had gone away. This was truly a miracle. He was completely cleared of all signs of poison ivy in less than 4 days. This product is stocked at my house and Seth always takes it on his fishing trips. This is truly a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone.”
- Sylvia G., Texas
“I can’t believe how quickly the rash is drying up!
“I was in agony when I read about your product on the internet & pretty skeptical, but just desperate enough to try ANYTHING.
The Poison Ivy was on both arms, my legs, my neck & my torso even though I’d worn long pants & a long sleeved shirt & gloves while gardening. Calamine lotion wasn’t helping &
I’d had a bad reaction to steroids before so I didn’t want to take them (my Dr’s suggestion). Boy was I desperate.
It felt like my skin was on fire & I was being stabbed with a thousand needles. The worst ! I received the All Stop on Thursday evening (Oct 11th) & used it once that night, then 3 times on Sat. & once today. I can’t believe how quickly the rash is drying up ! It still itches, but no where NEAR as horribly as before.
I took pictures of my right arm (it was like this everywhere) which I’ll attach. I’m really so pleased this is working.”
What a Difference in 48 Hours!
“When I get poison ivy, I get it really bad. I have had prednisone shots in the past and it cures it really fast. However, I was determined not to get any more shots due to the side effects. I had poison ivy for 12 days when I found you guys on the internet and decided to get your product a try. I ordered the All Stop and had it shipped overnight, and since I had it for 12 days, it took about a few days to really see the difference.
I felt the difference in my itching in about 48 hours. A great product and I will be buying more of this product and telling all my family and friends.”
- Mary K, Pennsylvania
Ditch The Poison Ivy Itch
Facts About This Topic
- When used with the Allstop Poison Ivy healing Gel, your poison ivy will be under control within minutes.
- Blisters are your body’s natural reaction to poison ivy.
- People respond differently to the poison ivy rashes; some have a severe poison ivy rash reactions that require a visit to the doctor to get a shot.
- The first step in poison ivy rash treatment is to place the infected area under running water, as this will wash away the histamines that cause skin itching.
- Poison ivy symptoms typically last one to three weeks and get better on their own, often without treatment.
- Always consult a doctor if poison ivy symptoms do not recede in a few days or get worse to avoid a toxic reaction.