Dealing with Poison Ivy Perils
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) June 14, 2006
A recent study conducted by Duke University researchers and published in the May 30 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has linked increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere with bigger, faster-growing poison ivy. According to researchers, the increased amount of CO2 also increases the virulence of the plant, enabling greater production of urushiol, the oil responsible for causing the uncomfortable itch, rash and irritation associated with poison ivy, oak and sumac. This could be bad news for the millions of Americans who work and play in areas where poison ivy, oak and sumac take hold.
Be warned of Poison Ivy Perils
But now, everyone from vacationers to summer campers and outdoor workers can enjoy being outside without fear of developing poison plant rash thanks to IvyBlock® lotion. Proven effective in both lab and field tests, IvyBlock is the ONLY FDA-approved product that can prevent the skin rash that accompanies contact with poison ivy, oak and sumac by blocking the harmful oils in these plants from penetrating the skin when applied 15 minutes prior to the risk of exposure. IvyBlock is the only product available today that contains the active ingredient bentoquatam that creates an absorbent barrier to block the allergenic oil found in the sap of poisonous plants from being absorbed by the skin. Many individuals think that wearing long sleeves, gloves and pants can reduce the likelihood of a reaction, but in reality, the oil can seep through clothes and act as an allergen and irritant all year round. IvyBlock can prevent this.
To learn more about IvyBlock, poison ivy and myths and facts about the obnoxious plant, visit the just-introduced, interactive website basththerash.com. View and rate poisoin ivy, oak and sumac photos and horror stories shared by others and post your own for the chance to win an outdoor gear package, including a full stock of IvyBlock lotion.
IvyBlock lotion is available at Longs, Stop N Shop, Kinney Drug, Happy Harry’s, Meijers, Giant Food and a wide range of chain and independent pharmacies and many outdoor sports stores such as REI and EMS nationwide.
Other Resources – Get the Poison Ivy Perils Facts:
- Best Poison Ivy Remedy
- Signs and Symptoms of poison ivy rash
- Poison Ivy Facts
- Poison Ivy Treatment Guide
- Poison Ivy on Kids
Medicated Healing gel that quiets the burning and relieves the itch from Poison Ivy, Poison oak and Poison Sumac while helping heal the skin damage. Specialized surfactant base washes skin and removes urushiol without abrasives that can cause skin damage in serious outbreaks.
Stops the Itching and Burning
- Sleep better at night without waking up scratching because of poison ivy rashes
- Stops the spreading of the Urushiol oil to other parts of the body
- Less stress and peace of mind with less irritation on the skin
- You have control over the allergic reaction to the plants oil
- Stop being irritable with family members because you are scratching all the time
- You can rest assured the itch will not return
- Allows you to wear the clothing you want to wear without feeling embarrassed by your poison ivy rash
- Do not have to worry about the redness of your skin anymore
- You no longer have to spend money on different treatments and going to the doctor.
- Stop the agony of your skin burning all of the time
- Get your comfort back without having the itch and burn from poison ivy
- Feel comfortable again because of the soothing effects
Did You Know?
- Although some people are immune to it’s poison ivy symptoms, most people experience an allergic reaction when coming into contact with poison ivy.
- Most poison ivy rashes, without infections, will self-resolve within 14 days without treatment.
- It is not uncommon for people end up reinfecting themselves with the urushiol or poison ivy blisters for weeks.
- You should avoid scratching the affected area and avoid close skin contact with other people until the rash clears, as this can cause the rash to spread.
- There is no poison ivy cure, only items that can help reduce the itch and discomfort.
- Some of the most important poison ivy symptoms are the inflammation and red mark rash marks that appear in the body.
Best Treatment For Poison Ivy
Question by Al: What is the best treatment for poison ivy or oak?
I have a terrible case of poison ivy or oak. I’m not sure which it is, since I probably rubbed up against the plant at night time. It is all over my neck, my forehead, my nose, and it feels like it’s on my lips, as well. What is the best way to take care of this? Can a doctor prescribe something to clear it up, or will I have to wait this out for an excrutiating week or so?
Answer by the wise one
A doctor can prescribe you something but it will take 5 or 6 days to clear up, I dont know if you know this but they have a shot now that will prevent you from getting poison ivy, oak and sumac. You just have to be clear of the symptons before you take it. I had it almost two years ago, and sometimes i get a patch of it but it never spreads like it did before. good luck I know that stuff sucks @$ &!. Treat poison ivy now!
What do you think? Answer below!
Poison Ivy Healing Gel penetrates deep into the skin to remove the Urushiol oil responsible for the itching, burning, rashes, blisters, and oozing. This helps to soothe the itchiness and burning, as well as attack any bacteria, viruses and fungus providing long-lasting relief! The Non-Toxic gel can also be used as a hand and skin cleanser, stopping 99% of bacteria on-contact.
It’s also effective against skin irritations and minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, and burns, and the convenient travel size makes it perfect to throw in a purse, pocket or backpack to provide instant relief where ever you go.
Learn More on Poison Ivy – Other Resources
The active ingredients are formulated for maximum strength to be safe for use on all skin types, including sensitive skin and young children. It is the perfect solution for providing a sterile environment for wounds or damaged and bruised tissue without drying or chapping, or the development of product dependencies.
This relationship between the active ingredients and your skin, fortified by repeated use of the product, has generated unique cleansing and disinfecting properties in the problem areas without the use of harsh chemicals. This formulation has been shown in laboratory tests to be more effective in combating resistant strains, yet at the same time keeping the skin soft and moist, even with repeated use.