I have psoriasis pretty much everywhere, but the only spot visible to others (as long as I where long sleeves and pants) is on my hand. I really hate that spot.I need some treatment for psoriasis. Help!
Purchase some high quality Alpha-Hydroxy lotion…and a loofah sponge and neutrogena rain bath body wash. First for 2 days apply lotion generously morning and night and also morning #3. Then on night #3 generously apply the body wash all over and wait for about 5 min…then scrub your skin in circular motion and rinse. Immediately after pat skin until still moist and use Vaseline(yes) and apply it to arms and legs and feet and hands neck chest etc. not your face though. for your face use St. Ives Apricot scrub daily and Oil of Olay regenerist on your face. NOTE. use Vaseline(petroleum jelly) everyday and avoid all powders and perfumes where you have the psoriasis….and mind what kind of products you wash your hair with or take baths soap and certain shampoos and bath soaks can agravate skin conditions. You may want to try shamppoing with head and shoulders they have a new great smelling line…dont forget to use the Alpha Hydroxy lotion every 2 and a half days.
Find a good remedy for many types of psoriasis here.
Used to deep clean areas affected by Psoriasis, Eczema and other skin irritations
- 4 oz. / 118 ml
If you suffer from Psoriasis, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
Other Resources on Psoriasis – Get the Facts:
- Causes, Incidence and Risk Factors on Psoriasis
- Recommended Products For Psoriasis
- Information About Psoriasis
- Causes of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment
Psoriasil For Psoriasis
Psoriasil has proven to help adult patients with chronic, severe (extensive and/or disabling) plaque Psoriasis and has shown to have long-lasting improvement without side effects or dryness.
All About Psoriasis.
Facts and Information about Psoriasis
- One belief considers psoriasis as essentially a condiotion of excessive growth and reproduction of skin cells. The problem is simply considered as a fault of the epidermis.
- One belief sees the disease as being an immune-mediated illness in which the rapid reproduction of skin cells is next to factors induced by the immune system.
- Psoriasis occurs more frequently in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin, and essentially after an external skin injury such as a graze or cut.
- To reduce dry skin and cut down on psoriasis symptoms, it is advised to not use shower scrubs, as they not only harm skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally occurring skin oil.
- Although anti-inflammatory solutions can relieve symptoms of the illness they do not solve the underlying affliction and may not be the right option for cure.
- There could be substantial variation between people in the effectiveness of specific psoriasis treatments and, because of this, dermatologists often use a trial-and-error approach to finding the most appropriate treatment for their patient.
- It has long been recognized that frequent, short, non-burning exposure to the sun helps to slow down or improve psoriasis.
- Psoriasis is frequently a lifelong problem; there is currently no cure but a number of treatments can help to alleviate the symptoms that affect the victim.
- Psoriasis can worsen over time but it is very difficult to predict which patients will go on to develop serious psoriasis or those in whom the disease may appear to vanish.
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is usually based on the look of the skin; there are no specific blood tests or diagnostic methods for psoriasis.
Skin Rashes Video
My daughter, sister and myself all have it on our scalp. We all have very thick hair and with the hot waether coming on, I really dont know if i can take another summer of this! I have been to beauty school, I have tried all sorts of products. I would like to know if your granny had a special remedy or something of that nature since NOTHING has worked. Please, no stupid ansewrs just to get points. Thank you!!!!
Sunlight helps psoriasis. and so does water.
Because ultraviolet light is so effective for so many psoriasis sufferers, it is often used in various artificial forms by doctors. Ultraviolet treatment with a sunlamp is often given in hospitals for plaque psoriasis (the most common type) and guttate psoriasis.
In severe cases of psoriasis, dermatologists may use a treatment known as PUVA — P for psoralens plus UVA. Psoralens are chemicals found in some plants which can make the skin respond to UVA, the least dangerous forms of UV light. ”
Oil of oregano has been said by some to be powerful in treating psoriasis. Oregano has recently been found to be a strong antibiotic. Some people get relief with zinc oxide. Some people get relief from coal tar treatments (used in dandruff shampoos).
Here are some helpful websites to learn more:
Click here for a remedy for all types of psoriasis
regading my earlier question earlier about psoriasis does any one get it internally wot are the symptoms?
Findings on physical examination depend on the type of psoriasis.
Plaque psoriasis is characterized by raised inflamed lesions covered with a silvery white scale. The scale may be scraped away to reveal inflamed skin beneath. This is most common on the extensor surfaces of the knees, elbows, scalp, and trunk.
Guttate psoriasis presents as small red dots of psoriasis that usually appear on the trunk, arms, and legs; the lesions may have some scale. It frequently appears suddenly after an upper respiratory infection (URI).
Inverse psoriasis occurs on the flexural surfaces, armpit, groin, under the breast, and in the skin folds and is characterized by smooth, inflamed lesions without scaling.
Pustular psoriasis presents as sterile pustules appearing on the hands and feet or, at times, diffusely, and may cycle through erythema, pustules, and scaling.
Erythrodermic psoriasis presents as generalized erythema, pain, itching, and fine scaling.
Scalp psoriasis affects approximately 50% of patients, presenting as erythematous raised plaques with silvery white scales on the scalp.
Nail psoriasis may cause pits on the nails, which may develop yellowish color and become thickened. Nails may separate from the nail bed.
Psoriatic arthritis affects approximately 10% of those with skin symptoms. The arthritis is usually in the hands, feet, and, at times, in larger joints. It produces stiffness, pain, and progressive joint damage.
Oral psoriasis may present with whitish lesions on the oral mucosa, which may appear to change in severity from day to day. It may also present as severe cheilosis with extension onto the surrounding skin, crossing the vermillion border.
Click here to find out more about Psoriasis Symptoms.