What are symptoms of Eczema and Psoriasis?
Do they give you a blood test? Is it just based on visual symptoms? I get some dry itchy patches and acne. My derm said it looks like I have Eczema and to use hydrocortisone cream. But I would like to know for sure. Should I go back and have any tests done?
I really wish people would read and answer my whole question :/
Diagnosing Eczema and Psoriasis
Doctors diagnose people with eczema by just looking at it.This disease is very visual by just looking at it you can easily tell that the person has eczema.Now a days this disease can easily be treated.There are many alternative medicine that you can use, active liquid zeolites is one of the example.
Eczema and Psoriasis Remedy
Ultra Moisturizing Dry Skin Cream is great to soothe any dry skin and retain optimum skin-cell growth, all year round. It is made from safe, hypo-allergenic ingredients which provide the perfect Dry Skin Cream that rejuvenates and moisturizing care for your skin. It keeps your skin moist and speeds skin repair during treatment, an important step for serious Eczema and Psoriasis problems.
Contains a skin care complex designed to increase moisture balance and retention in the skin. It is a nourishing blend of actives that moisturizes, nourishes and provides anti-inflammation properties.
Other Informational Links on Eczema and or Psoriasis
- New agents could shake up psoriasis treatment.(PSORIASIS): An article from: Skin & Allergy News
- Psoriasis Symptoms For Different Types Of Psoriasis
- How is someone diagnosed with Eczema and or Psoriasis?
- Psoriasis And Other Things You Should Consider
- Psoriatic Arthritis & Psoriasis Part 3 Medications
- BMV Quantum Subliminal CD Psoriasis Eczema Aid (Ultrasonic Skin Health Series) Reviews
- What’s the latest on Psoriasis treatment?
- What the Doctor Doesn’t Tell you About Eczema – Homeopathic Treatment for Acne, Psoriasis & Eczema
- Does anyone have a home remedy cure for psoriasis? I have it on my legs and knees very badly.?
- Eczema Cure NO Medical Treatment – Acne Treatment and Psoriasis & Eczema Therapy
- pustular psoriasis treatment
- Psoriasin Multi-Symptom Psoriasis Relief Gel, .75 oz
- Anyone have any effective natural treatments for psoriasis?
- Natralia – Eczema & Psoriasis Treatment – 2 packs
More Resources on Psoriasis:
- Products For Psoriasis
- Information About Psoriasis
- Causes, Incidence and Risk Factors on Psoriasis
- Causes of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment
Informational Video about Psoriasis
Information and Facts about Psoriasis
- The scaly patches caused by psoriasis, called psoriatic plaques, are points of inflammation and intensive skin production where skin rapidly accumulates.
- Psoriasis plaques generally occur around the skin of ones elbows and knees, but may affect any body area like the scalp and genitals.
- Psoriasis is a serious recurring affliction which varies in severity from hardly noticeable localized patches to 100% body coverage. Fingernails and toenails are frequently affected.
- Psoriasis may also be a cause of inflammation of the joints, which is labelled psoriatic arthritis. Ten to fifteen percent of people with psoriasis contract psoriatic arthritis.
- The initiator of psoriasis is not yet understood but it is understood to have a genetic component and known factors that may lead to psoriasis include stress, excessive alcohol consumption, and smoking.
- There are a variety of treatments available but because of its chronic recurrent nature psoriasis is a difficult affliction to find a successful treatment for.
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is normally taken from the look of the skin; there are no special blood tests or diagnostic procedures for psoriasis.
- According to the seriousness and location of the psoriasis Psoriasis sufferers can experience notable physical discomfort and some disability – itching and pain can interfere with basic functions, such as self-care, walking, and sleep.
- Psoriasis can be found in both sexes to the same degree and could occur at any age, although it most commonly appears initially between the ages of 15 and 25 years.
- About thirty percent of people with psoriasis report a family history of the disease, and experts have identified genetic signals associated with the condition.
How To Treat Psoriasis
Treatment alternatives for Psoriasis- There are many ways to treat Psoriasis. Since diagnosis is difficult, most doctors initiate treatment with mild doses of drugs. Only if the condition worsens, stronger drug doses are administered.
Kinds Of Psoriasis Medication
Topical medications- Several topical ointments and creams maybe used to treat Psoriasis successfully. Some ointments contain combinations of essential oils and various surfactants, which help to restore the pH levels of the skin. By restoring the pH balance, irritation and itching can be curtailed. There are ointments, which can be obtained at any drugstore without any prescription, while for others a prescription maybe needed. Various topical medications such as corticosteroids maybe used to treat Psoriasis. At times, substances like coat tar is applied directly over the Psoriasis affected region. This substance is approved by the FDA and hence is safe for usage on the skin. Using the substance to coat the Psoriasis infected region can curtail the spread of the infection. However, coal tar has a very strong, pungent odor so regular change of dressing is necessitated. In addition, clothing and bed sheets should be changed regularly to avoid staining of the clothes.
Phototherapy- This is also called light therapy and has been found very effective in treating Psoriasis. In this case, artificial or natural lights are used to focus on the Psoriasis infected region of the skin. Most doctors, using such a treatment alternative recommend that patients face the sunlight for specified periods. This helps to destroy the infectious cells and reduce inflammation. Photochemotherapy involves usage of artificial light in combination with Psoralen. This is a medication, which makes the skin more sensitive to light. This medication is brought subsequently into contact with UVA light rays. Through this technique, the UVA rays can penetrate to the deeper layers. By doing this, the UVA rays destroy the plaque causing Psoriasis in the deeper skin tissues. Frequency of treatments through Photochemotherapy can range from three or even more times every week. However, excessive frequency of treatment can induce cancer because of the excessive penetration of UVA light rays.
Oral medication- This is a holistic combination of injected drugs as well as orally administered drugs. Certain Retinoids have been useful in curing Psoriasis. This is a special kind of drug known to curtail skin cell production. Thus, it is predominantly used in patients who have severe Psoriasis. However, intake of Retinoids for treatment of Psoriasis has a drawback. It can result in congenital or birth defects in a child. This is the reason why women who have Psoriasis and are under Retinoid treatment should not become pregnant for at least 3 years. Once the treatment stops, then after a period of 3 years the female patient can get pregnant.
Home remedies- In addition to the above three treatment alternatives for treating Psoriasis, one can also alleviate the itching and pain through home remedies. Soaking in oatmeal based baths or warm water filled with Epsom salts or even bathing oil can help soothe the skin. Using mild soaps is recommended, especially those, which have a high moisturizing content in them. Usage of a heavy-duty moisturizer can help soften the skin and aid dead cell removal. Regular exposure of the Psoriasis infected skin to the sun can also help alleviate skin itchiness and irritation. Proper dressing of the Psoriasis skin after applying ointments can help soften and sooth this skin.
President, Q-Based Healthcare TM
The Makers of PsoriasilTM Treatment
Toll Free 1.866.314.8917
Find out more information about psoriasis treatments here.
Psoriasis Treatment! Try the product below now!
Psoriasil for Psoriasis
Used to deep clean areas affected by Psoriasis, Eczema and other skin irritations. If you suffer from Psoriasis, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
Additional Resources on Psoriasis:
Informational Facts About Psoriasis
The scaly patches caused by psoriasis, that we call psoriatic plaques, are portions of inflammation and excessive skin production where skin swiftly accumulates.Psoriasis plaques generally occur on the skin of our elbows and knees, but may affect any body area such as the scalp and genitals. Psoriasis is a chronic recurring condition which varies in severity from minor localized patches to 100% body coverage. Fingernails and toenails are generally affected.Psoriasis may also cause inflammation of the joints, which is labelled psoriatic arthritis. Ten to fifteen percent of people with psoriasis suffer from psoriatic arthritis.The origin of psoriasis is not yet understood but it is believed to have a genetic component and among the factors that may aggravate psoriasis include stress, excessive alcohol consumption, and smoking.
I saw a commercial and it said something about people having anxiety problems or social disorders due to psoriasis, but you cannot see anything on them during this commercial.
I also have a friend with psoriasis, and hes had bad anxiety attacks and still has anxiety, but you cant see his psoriasis at all…mainly cause he wears a hat a lot but still its not noticeable at all…
Are these people making a mountain out of a molehill? Or Is there something in psoriasis that triggers anxiety?
it is said that psoriasis is a psychosomatic disease. whatever it may be, the exact cause of this condition is not precisely known and more researches are going on. those people who suppress their emotions such as worry, fear anger etc have chances to get this disease more. but it doesn’t mean all people with suppressed emotions get psoriasis. but usually it is seen that people with psoriasis when relaxed, their symptoms will be much reduced. so relaxation is very important in psoriasis.Also, those who have psoriasis,when become anxious their symptoms may aggravate. all people with psoriasis can lead a normal life and it is not a contagious disease at all.