Hi galen g
Here are some ideas for both an internal and an external approach.
Psorias may be connected with Vitamin D deficiency.
Many people who find that their condition gets better when they spend plenty of time in the sun get relief in the winter by going to a tanning salon and using the UVB booth.
Others have found other ways to get UVB treatment at home without prescription such as buying UVB lights meant for reptiles kept as pets. If your psoriasis is mostly on your extremities, that might be a good solution for you.
The Vitamin D Council is a good site to find out more about how much Vitamin D3 to take internally during the parts of the year when you don’t get enough sunshine. They will also provide information about how to be properly tested to see whether you’re Vitamin D deficient.
The combination of salt water and UVB (simulated beach!) seems to work especially well for some. Regular cooking salt as well as epsom salts can both be effective when dissolved in a tub full of water.
Finally, while researching gallbladder and liver problems I came across studies which found that taking bile salts to aid digestion can help psoriasis. That would make sense from the standpoint that a diseased or sluggish liver can often manifest itself in various skin conditions.
I hope that helps some!
Searching for Effective Psoriasis Treatment
My husband has psoriasis and has had it sooo bad that it looked as if he was a burn victim all over his body. He went to several dermatologists and other various specialists and they made special creams and salves and nothing worked. He even tried a medicated soap that a physicians assistant made for him. Still no relief.
We found a psoriasis treatment that works better than anything else on our own through trial and error. Eucerin calming cream.You can find it in any store. Use everyday and night before bed. My husband even used it in his hair due to the [psoriasis on his scalp. It gets rid of it. Very soothing. And most importantly it works. My best friend also was diagnosed with it and she had it really bad on her knees and elbows. She tried it also and now swears by it. Hers used to crack open and bleed, she would always wear long sleeves and pants even in 98 degree weather. She was embarrassed. But now she struts in a bikini. This psoriasis treatment really does work.
All Stop Psoriasil – Monthly Psoriasis treatment Subscription
Used to deep clean areas affected by Psoriasis, Eczema and other skin irritations.
If you suffer from Psoriasis, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right psoriasis treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
The Best Psoriasis treatment
All Stop Psoriasil has proven to help adult patients with chronic, severe (extensive and/or disabling) plaque Psoriasis and has shown to have long-lasting improvement without side effects or dryness. Fast-acting All Stop Psoriasil is easy to use: just apply it twice a day and feel the itch go away. With continuous use with this Psoriasis treatments you will have noticeably clearer skin with less redness and irritation within the first couple of weeks.
Other Psoriasis Treatment Information
- Home Remedies For Psoriasis
- Does anyone know any good treatments for psoriasis?
- Is there any home remedies for psoriasis?
- New Treatment For Psoriasis
- Anyone have any new home remedies for psoriasis?
- Psoriasis Treatment: H-Psoriasis – Erythrodermic, Pustular and Psoriatic Arthritis Formula 11ml Reviews
- home remedies for psoriasis?
- What is the best psoriasis treatment
- Psoriasis Diet – Combat Psoriasis By Changing What You Eat
- Psoriasis Relief Oil
- psoriasis symptoms – great to see
- How To Beat Psoriasis Naturally
Additional Resources on Psoriasis:
- Products For Psoriasis
- Signs and Symptoms of Psoriasis
- Causes, Incidence and Risk Factors on Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Information
- Causes of Psoriasis
Informational Facts about Psoriasis
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is usually taken from the appearance of the skin; there are no known blood tests or diagnostic routines for psoriasis.
- Resulting from the seriousness and location of the condition Psoriasis sufferers might experience notable physical discomfort and some disability – itching and pain might interfere with everyday functions, such as self-care, walking, and sleep.
- Psoriasis is seen in both sexes to the same degree and may occur at any age, although it most usually appears at first between the ages of 15 and 25 years.
- Around one in three people with psoriasis report a family history of the disease, and scientists have identified genetic signals that point to the condition.
- One theory considers psoriasis as mainly a result of excessive growth and reproduction of skin cells. The condition is simply seen as a fault of the epidermis.
- One school of thought sees the disease as being an immune-mediated illness in which the excessive reproduction of skin cells is secondary to factors induced by the immune system.
- Psoriasis comes about more regularly in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin, and specifically following an external skin injury such as a scratch or cut.
- To reduce dry skin and cut down on psoriasis symptoms, it is advised to not use shower scrubs, as they not only hurt skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally occurring skin oil.
- There are a great number of treatments on the market but as a result of its chronic recurrent nature psoriasis is a difficult illness to find a successful treatment for.
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is usually taken from the condition of the skin; there are no specific blood tests or diagnostic procedures for psoriasis.
I just saw an acupunturist/chinese medicine doctor to help my psoriasis after seeing 3 dermatologists. He gave me three immortals. I googled it and it supposedly helps menopausal symptoms and not psoriasis. I have put in a call to him about these herbs, but I think he made a mistake.
Can someone tell me which herbs do help treat it? Which brands etc. sell it?
To the person who answered below, the CMD I saw said I had a liver issue and hot blood.
Chinese medicine addresses the pattern of imbalance in a person. The manifestations of any one pattern of disharmony can manifest in many ways depending on the constitution of a person. Also, there can be many patterns of disharmony responsible for any given ailment. Of 10 patients with psoriasis, each may have a very different treatment protocol.
The primary indications of the formulas used (I presume you were given a bottle of patent herbs in pill form) can sometimes be misleading. You are taking a variation of Er Xian Tang which is used to tonify Kidney energy which is often depleted in menopausal women, but can also present in younger people, again depending on your particular constitution. You may have back ache, menstrual issues, irritability or insomnia, frequent urine etc.
So, to answer your question, without having completed a fairly comprehensive intake (by western standards), nobody can give you an effective herbal recommendation. There is no “magic bullet”, and herbs that worked for one person may not work for another with a different presenting pattern.
I urge you to continue with the prescribed treatment for a few weeks and see what happens. I presume the TCMD you saw was well qualified, and if not, I would find one that is. Chinese medicine really shines where these sorts of obscure, poorly understood conditions are concerned. Good luck!
Further to your reply above:
This formula you’re on will nourish and cool LIver blood in addition to strengthening the Kidneys (Kidneys are the “root” and are very closely related to Liver). It was likely chosen based on the sum of your presenting signs and symptoms. You see how the primary indications of a formula can be misleading. I hope you’ll persevere. Are you getting acupuncture treatments? They would be very helpful to speed things along.