I have psoriasis and would like to know of various ways to deal with it as far as medication and treatment are concerned.
Thanks in adavnce.
There are many different treatments available to help control psoriasis, but no single treatment works for everyone. Usually a trial-and-error approach is taken to find the most appropriate one.
You have 3 basic types of treatments:
1.Topical treatment (applied directly to the skin)
2.Phototherapy (skin is exposed to ultraviolet light)
3.Systemic treatment (drugs or medications taken orally or by injection)
There is also a great number of alternative psoriasis treatments that include everything from acupuncture to fasting.
The goal is to find a treatment that works the best with the fewest side effects. One of the first principles of psoriasis treatment is to not create anything worse than the disease.
Looking for Treatment for Psoriasis that really works? Find it here.
I have psoriasis. I have had it for 12 years, since I gave birth to my son. Have tried many medicines to keep it under control. What worked for you? It’s different for everyone, but I’m open to new remedies!!
My wife has had psoriasis for 14 years now.She has quit using the prescribes med and lotions and now use strictly.
Melaleuca’s Renew lotion.If you would like some info feel free to contact us.
Most Effective Psoriasis Treatment
If you suffer from Psoriasis, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
Psoriasil has proven to help adult patients with chronic, severe (extensive and/or disabling) plaque Psoriasis and has shown to have long-lasting improvement without side effects or dryness.
Fast-acting Psoriasis Remedy
Fast-acting Psoriasil is easy to use: just apply it twice a day and feel the itch go away. With continuous use you will have noticeably clearer skin with less redness and irritation within the first couple of weeks. Get rid of psoriasis now!
Resources of Interest on Psoriasis:
- Best Treatment Products on Psoriasis
- Causes of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Signs and Symptoms of Psoriasis
- Causes, Incidence and Risk Factors on Psoriasis
Facts about Psoriasis
- One belief considers psoriasis as primarily a result of excessive growth and multiplication of skin cells. The problem is simply labelled as a fault of the epidermis.
- One belief sees the disease as being an immune-mediated disorder in which the excessive reproduction of skin cells is unrelated to factors created by the immune system.
- Psoriasis occurs more frequently in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin, and usually as a result of an external skin injury such as a scrape or cut.
- To reduce dry skin and help psoriasis symptoms, it is advised to not use shower scrubs, as they not only harm skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally occurring skin oil.
- Although anti-inflammatory treatments could relieve symptoms of the illness they do not solve the underlying cause and may not be the right option for cure.
- There could be severe variation between individuals in the effectiveness of specific psoriasis treatments and, as a result of this, dermatologists often use a trial-and-error approach to working out the most appropriate treatment for their patient.
- It has long been proven that prevalent, short, non-burning exposure to sunlight has been seen to slow down or improve psoriasis.
- Psoriasis is sometimes a lifelong problem; there is at present no cure but various treatments can help to control the symptoms that affect the patient.
- Psoriasis can become worse over time but it is nigh on impossible to predict those that will go on to develop severe psoriasis or those in whom the disease may appear to vanish.
- Psoriasis is life-long non-contagious autoimmune infection which troubles the skin and joints; it commonly causes red scaly patches that are seen on the skin.
Video about Psoriasis
do you know of a natural treatment for psoriasis? while it cannot be cured, symptoms can be relieved?
I’ll give you a few suggestions you can try.
I am going to try this one since I just heard about it. Soak your elbows in vinegar or apple cider vinegar for a few minutes and then wrap it with a pad soaked in warmed olive oil. I’d suggest doing this in the evenings before bed so it can really soak in. This would make a great nighttime soak.
Also, you can go for lotions that really create a barrier and keep your skin from being exposed to dry conditions etc like Vaseline Intensive Care lotion twice a day. That one really gave me some relief and helped keep my plaques under control.
Sunlight or UV rays is touch and go for people but make sure you use sunscreen on the areas of the body that isn’t covered in plaques while in the sun or rays since our skin is different than the average skin types out there. You definitely don’t want to cure psoriasis to end up with skin cancer!
I have heard of people having success with rubbing vitamin e oil *just take vitamin e capsules, break them, and rub the oil on the plaques* and then bandaging it.
The main thing is to keep the areas moist or protected from drying out. If you do keep the skin moist just be really careful to watch for infection since we get it easier than other people. Let the skin dry but not dry out between applications of different products! I hope that gives you a few things to try so you don’t feel at your wits end with it. The main thing you need to know is not one thing is going to work for everyone so try a few different ideas to find what works for YOU and good luck!