I’ve heard that liquid hand soaps dry skin – any truth to this rumour? Also, my husband’s Psoriasis has erupted all over his face and neck and the skin is literally flaking off. It’s awful, but nothing the dermatologists at the hospital prescribe does anything (because they’re treating the symptoms and not attacking the cause which is a faulty immune system). Does anybody know of any skin products that might give him some relief? E45 cream is okay but doesn’t prevent the flaking.
Any liquid soap or gel that has alcohol in it will dry the skin.
Also watch out for toothpastes, shampoos, cosmetics and skin-care products that contain a skin irritant called sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). It is a foaming agent but irritates skin. Ironically, oe of the products it is commonly found in is aqueous cream, which a recent survey found nine out of ten GPs wrongly recommend for eczema. Try switching to Dexeryl, an emollient that has no SLS and is free from lanolin and fragrance, which can also cause irritation.
Learn more about Psoriasis and the root cause to it.
My ears have recently been tuned to Balinese medicine and organic remedies. I have suffered from Psoriasis almost my entire life and Western medicine has not really helped me much. Also being that experts say it’s an immune system problem, I’d prefer to treat it from inside rather than outside where I’m just treating the psoriasis symptoms on my skin. Does anyone have any good advice for me? Any websites? Any personal experiences?
How to get rid of Psoriasis?
Most people say that you can not get rid of Psoriasis. I know I was taught that in my medical training.
But from personal experience my Hubby and his Son and several friends got rid of it from taking certain vitamins.
In my Hubbies case it was not just on a small part of his body he was covered on 80% of his body his knees bled when he knelt down and so did his elbows.
He took the vitamins and it went away it started to come back after 15 years so he started again and once again it went away.
Resources of Interest on Psoriasis:
- Q and A About Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Information
- Best Treatment Products on Psoriasis
- Causes of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment
If you suffer from Psoriasis, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
Psoriasil has proven to help adult patients with chronic, severe (extensive and/or disabling) plaque Psoriasis and has shown to have long-lasting improvement without side effects or dryness.
Fast-acting Psoriasil is easy to use: just apply it twice a day and feel the itch go away. With continuous use you will have noticeably clearer skin with less redness and psoriasis irritation within the first couple of weeks.
Information and Facts about Psoriasis
- Psoriasis plaques generally occur around the skin of the elbows and knees, but can affect any area such as the scalp and genitals.
- Psoriasis is a chronic recurring illness which varies in severity from minor localized patches to 100% body coverage. Fingernails and toenails are frequently affected.
- Psoriasis may also cause inflammation of the joints, which is called psoriatic arthritis. Ten to fifteen percent of people with psoriasis contract psoriatic arthritis.
- The origin of psoriasis is not known but it is believed to have a genetic component and among the factors that may induce psoriasis include stress, excessive alcohol consumption, and smoking.
- There are numerous treatments on the market but thanks to its chronic recurrent nature psoriasis is a difficult affliction to find a successful treatment for.
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is sometimes based on the appearance of the skin; there are no special blood tests or diagnostic procedures for psoriasis.
- Resulting from the seriousness and location of the condition Psoriasis sufferers might experience significant physical discomfort and some disability – itching and pain could interfere with everyday functions, such as self-care, walking, and sleep.
- To eliminate dry skin and reduce psoriasis symptoms, it is essential to not use shower scrubs, as they not only harm skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally present skin oil.
- Although anti-inflammatory treatments may relieve signs of the condition they do not solve the underlying affliction and may not be the preferred option for cure.
- There may be severe variation between patients in the effectiveness of specific psoriasis treatments and, because of this, dermatologists sometimes use a trial-and-error approach to working out the most appropriate treatment for their patient.
Psoriasis Treatment Experience
Are you tired of all the disappointing psoriasis treatment that just don’t cut it?
I know I was too when I first got diagnosed with psoriasis.It needs psoriasis treatment. I remember being told that there is no cure, and that the chances are I would just have to learn to live with the disease.
I was then told to try various creams and ointments that they said may ease the problems somewhat as a psoriasis treatment. I also saw a dermatologist in order to get me on a UVB therapy program. Again, I was told that this would still not guarantee I was cured, just that it might help.
Why giving up in psoriasis treatment?
In the end I gave up seeking medical psoriasis treatment. Why?
Because I wasn’t interested in something that might ease the problem just a little, I wanted a cure!
I stubbornly refused to believe that nothing on earth could cure my psoriasis or psoriasis treatment, and began to research natural ways to get myself cured. One of the first things I found out, was that all the psoriasis treatment I had tried so far only treat the outward symptoms, not the actual root cause that needs psoriasis treatment.
The root cause, whilst still not fully understood, lies in your immune system malfunctioning and over producing skin cells. These skin cells build up on the surface until they die, which manifests itself as a scaly psoriasis rash.
Other Psoriasis Treatment Resources:
- Psoriasis Risk Factors
- Diagnosing Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Surgery
- Fast-Acting Psoriasis Treatment
- Psoriasis Phototherapy
Natural Psoriasis Treatment
So what natural psoriasis treatment tackle this root cause? Well, various aspects of our modern lifestyles are believed to be to blame. Too much processed food, breathing polluted air, drinking and smoking excess and stress are some elements of our lives today that contribute to ‘modern’ diseases like psoriasis and needs psoriasis treatment.
Psoriasis Free For Life is a program that applies a holistic approach to delivering a completely natural solution to the problem of psoriasis or psoriasis treatment.
If you follow the advice inside, you’ll be so amazed at how simple and yet effective this program is. And, you’ll finally get the relief from psoriasis that you’ve been hoping for.
Effective Psoriasis Treatment
I recommend you to use Most Effective Revitol Dermasis Psoriasis Treatment. According to the National Psoriasis Foundation, between 150,000 and 260,000 new cases of Psoriasis are diagnosed each year-amounting to more than 5 million Americans-who spend upwards of $1.6 Billion a year to treat their condition.
Our unique Psoriasis Treatment formulation of ingredients not only soothes and moisturizes your skin, but its active ingredient also helps control the scaling and flaking associated with Psoriasis to help your skin to heal naturally.