How to avoid Psoriasis
Psoriasis affects 7.5 million people all across the US. As much as 2 or 3% of the global population is affected by Psoriasis. While it is a fact that certain medications, weather conditions, lifestyle habits and infections can trigger Psoriasis, an individual can prevent Psoriasis by following certain things.
Strengthening immune system- A weak immune system makes a person more susceptible to Psoriasis. This is why strengthening the immunity is crucial. By incorporating a balanced diet comprising, fruits, vegetables, proteins, fats and carbohydrates, a person can boost the power of the immune system. In addition, ensuring adequate rest and a minimum of 7-8 hours of rest everyday will also help. Keeping oneself hydrated by drinking lots of water everyday is also a good way to fight infection in the body. By eating certain foods like the Gooseberry, a person can keep the immune system strong and fight infection. This can prevent Psoriasis and any kind of skin inflammation.
Knowledge of trigger factors- By carefully observing what trigger factors cause Psoriasis in an individual, a person can keep Psoriasis at bay. In most cases, it may not be practical to avoid all triggers. However, knowledge of these factors can help the person proactively change their lifestyle or habits.
Quitting smoking- Smoking is known to be a trigger factor for Plaque and Pustular Psoriasis. By reducing or quitting smoking, the person can avoid Psoriasis flare-ups. In addition, it maybe noted that supplements or nicotine patches can also act as triggers for Psoriasis. Ideally, nicotine patches and smoking should be avoided.
Avoiding drinking- Alcohol consumption is a major trigger of Psoriasis. It can also hamper the effectiveness of existing treatments of Psoriasis. In addition, if the person is already consuming Methotrexate, then alcohol should be avoided at all costs. There can be fatal consequences and side effects because of the reaction of the drug and the alcohol.
Relaxation techniques- Stress is one of the biggest triggers of Psoriasis. By reducing stress a person can help avoid Psoriasis. Various techniques can be leveraged to combat stress. Various techniques such as meditation, yoga, deep breathing etc. can help a person relax. In addition, regular exercise, participation in counseling sessions and support groups can also help. By interacting with other patients who have Psoriasis, the individual can feel less stressed about the condition.
Avoidance of scratching- Scratching the areas infected with Psoriasis can worsen symptoms. It can also induce spread of more infection as germs from the fingernails can contaminate the region. Cold compresses can alleviate the condition dramatically. Usage of antiseptic moisturizers as well as taking lukewarm water baths can also help. It is best to avoid excessively hot water as it can aggravate the skin and worsen the Psoriasis infection. Using very hot water on Psoriasis affected skin can cause histamine reactions. This leads to more itchiness in the area. Usage of soap is also not advisable as it dries the skin. Instead, using a cream-based or mild cleanser is recommended. This helps cleanse the skin of impurities and infection without drying the skin. Dry skin is also susceptible to infection of Psoriasis and this should be avoided. Gently patting the Psoriasis affected area dry after a bath will prevent the tendency to rub or scratch the area. This curtails itching as well.
Protection- Usage of sunscreens is recommended while venturing into the sun. Sunburns can trigger Psoriasis. Wearing protective cotton clothing also helps curtail spread of Psoriasis.
President, Q-Based Healthcare TM
The Makers of PsoriasilTM Treatment
Toll Free 1.866.314.8917
Find out more information on psoriasis cream here.
Looking for Guttate Psoriasis Treatments
Know more about guttate psoriasis treatments and about the Natural psoriasis cures you can Learn how to cure this psoraisis – in the natural way. A 15 year psoriasis sufferer myself, I will show you how I cured my psoriasis permanently in just 3 days the natural way and helped thousands of people do the same.
Best Psoriasis Treatments
Our unique Psoriasis Treatment formulation of ingredients not only soothes and moisturizes your skin, but its active ingredient also helps control the scaling and flaking associated with Psoriasis to help your skin to heal naturally.
If you have Psoriasis, getting relief for your skin is a top priority. While there is currently no cure, the FDA-approved active ingredient in Dermasis Psoriasis Treatment works to help control your skin symptoms in a smooth, non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly-and will not stain your clothes or skin.
Guttate Psoriasis Treatments Video
10 Facts and Information about Psoriasis
- A diagnosis of psoriasis is sometimes derived from the appearance of the skin; there are no known blood tests or diagnostic routines for psoriasis.
- Resulting from the severity and location of the psoriasis Psoriasis sufferers may experience severe physical discomfort and some disability – itching and pain can interfere with basic functions, such as self-care, walking, and sleep.
- Psoriasis may become worse over time but it is very difficult to predict who will go on to develop serious psoriasis or those in whom the disease may appear to vanish.
- One belief considers psoriasis as essentially a disorder of excessive growth and reproduction of skin cells. The infection is simply seen as a fault of the epidermis.
- One school of thought sees the disease as being an immune-mediated illness in which the rapid reproduction of skin cells is unrelated to factors induced by the immune system.
- Psoriasis breaks out more often in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin, and essentially as a result of an external skin injury such as a scrape or cut.
- To reduce dry skin and cut down on psoriasis symptoms, it is advised to not use shower scrubs, as they not only hurt skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally essential skin oil.
- Although anti-inflammatory treatments may relieve signs of the illness they do not solve the underlying problem and may not be the best option for cure.
- Depending on the level and location of the condition Psoriasis sufferers may experience severe physical discomfort and some disability – itching and pain can interfere with everyday functions, such as self-care, walking, and sleep.
- Psoriasis is seen in both sexes to the same degree and could occur at any age, although it most usually appears at first between the ages of 15 and 25 years.
Learn More – Other Resources on Psoriasis:
Psoriasis Relief Oil
Hope you read my article last month about the great Oat Pouches that I’d found to treat my Psoriasis. Just wanted to let you know that the same company has just sent me a sample of their Psoriasis Relief Oil and, within 2 days, I’ve had incredible results.
I’ve used the Oil after my ExfoliOats’ Oat Pouches and cannot believe the difference in the appearance of my skin. Just as they promised, the red and white patches just disappeared (even if only temporarily). But who cares, I was able to wear a sleeveless top to a wedding last weekend and nobody noticed or commented on my Psoriasis. In fact a close friend asked if my Psoriasis had been cured but I reminded her that there is no cure – simply ways to control the disease.
Since I last wrote, I have disposed of all of my steroid creams, kept away from the sun beds and relied on nature’s own remedies – oats, chamomile, lavender, olive oil and dead sea salt.
Psoriasis Relief – Suggestions
All of you Psoriasis and Eczema sufferers (and we do make a large crowd!) do yourselves a favour and visit www.ExfoliOats.com – at last something that really works and can’t cause me further damage. By the way, if you need to get some advice, I’ve found that the people at ExfoliOats are really easy to talk to and genuinely want to help – quite a few of them suffer from Psoriasis so know what they’re talking about. The telephone number is on their web site.
I’ll keep any eye on their web site and keep you informed of any new ideas.
Additional Resources on Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis Information
- Best Treatment Products on Psoriasis
- Causes of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Information About Psoriasis
Best Psoriasis Treatment
Psoriasil for Psoriasis
Used to deep clean areas affected by Psoriasis, Eczema and other skin irritations
If you suffer from this, you know all too well how it affects your skin and your life. From the clothes you wear to how you sleep at night, Psoriasis can even affect your work life. Finding the right treatment isn’t always easy. Have you tried the creams, injections and the pills and still haven’t found the results you are looking for? Now is the time to try Psoriasil.
All About Psoriasis.
More Information on Psoriasis Symptoms and Psoriasis Relief
- Psoriasis Home Remedies – Methods to make use of Natural Psoriasis Treamtent to Heal Psoriasis skin problem Totally
- what are the symptoms of Psoriasis on the scalp?
- Psoriasis Remedy by Blue Spring Wellness – 60 tablets
- Be Aware of Herpes and Psoriasis Symptoms
- SkinDr. for psoriasis, eczema, acne, dandruff, cradle cap, herpes blisters
- Psoriasil Reviews
- Does anyone know of some good home treatments for Psoriasis on the body?
- Treatment For Psoriasis – How My Mom Beat Psoriasis For Good
- Psoriasis Cure Now Releases New Podcast Discussing Remicade as a Psoriasis Treatment
- turmeric for psoriasis? and other treatments?
- Psoriasis treatment with Garra Rufa fish at home
- Help with psoriasis on scalp – any home remedies?
Facts and information about Psoriasis
- Psoriasis is seen in both sexes equally and may occur at any age, although it most commonly appears for the first time between the ages of 15 and 25 years.
- About thirty percent of people with psoriasis have a family history of the disease, and scientists have identified genetic signals that point to the condition.
- One theory considers psoriasis as primarily a result of excessive growth and increase of skin cells. The condition is simply labelled as a fault of the epidermis.
- One hypothesis sees the disease as being an immune-mediated illness in which the excessive reproduction of skin cells is unrelated to factors induced by the immune system.
- Psoriasis comes about more frequently in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin, and usually as a result of an external skin injury such as a scratch or cut.
- To eliminate dry skin and cut down on psoriasis symptoms, it is advised to not use shower scrubs, as they not only damage skin by leaving tiny scratches, they also scrape off the naturally occurring skin oil.
- Although anti-inflammatory treatments could relieve symptoms of the disease they do not solve the underlying problem and may not be the best option for cure.
- There can be severe variation between people in the effectiveness of specific psoriasis treatments and, as a result of this, dermatologists sometimes use a trial-and-error approach to discovering the most appropriate treatment for their patient.
- It has long been proven that frequent, short, non-burning exposure to sunlight is known to reduce or improve psoriasis.
- Psoriasis is frequently a lifelong problem; there is presently no cure but various treatments can help to alleviate the symptoms that affect the patient.