I Have Ringworm- Do I Need to Decontaminize my House or Something? And, Whats the Best Home Remedy For This?
I Have Ringworm
Do I Need to Decontaminize my House or Something? And,
Whats the Best Home Remedy For This?
This is just great! i have a bunch of ringworms all over my arms and a couple on my stomach. . what do i do now?
What do I wash my clothes with if I have ringworm? Are there ringworm spores on clothes?
i heard applying iodine and leaving it on for 30 seconds will help significantly.
. i just put some on, and its itching. maybe that means its working. ?
also, i touched things, slept on my bed, and wore my clothes, and sat on my couches and chairs. i don’t want to catch ringworm again after its gone, so do i need to wash all of these things or something?
gosh, this is making me freak out.
also, am i supposed to keep it as un-lotioned and un-moistuized as possible?
The term “ringworm” or “ringworms” refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. The early belief was that the infection was due to a worm, which it is not. It is a result of a fungus infection. Nevertheless, the name “ringworm” has stuck. Some of these fungi produce round spots, but many do not. On the other hand, many round spots are not from fungus. A physical examination of the affected skin, evaluation of skin scrapings under the microscope, and culture tests can help doctors make the appropriate distinctions. A proper diagnosis is essential to successful treatment.
The medical term for ringworm is “tinea.” (Tinea gets us back to worms. Tinea is the Latin name for a growing worm.) Doctors add another word to indicate where the fungus is located. Tinea capitis, for instance, refers to scalp ringworm, tinea corporis to fungus of the body, tinea pedis to fungus of the feet, and so on.
Yes, you will need to disinfect your home with a hospital grade disinfectant to get rid of the ringworm spores. I recommend Allstop puracleen or the Allstop xtreme cleen disinfectant. The extreme cleen disinfectant is a concentrate and makes up to 64 gallons.
Yes! there are ringworm spores on clothes. You can also wash your clothes with xtreme cleen disinfectant. Add about 2oz to a washer load.
Ringworm can spread on your body and from person to person. Therefore, it is highly contagious!
What causes ringworm?
Although the world is full of yeasts, molds, and fungi, only a few cause skin problems. These agents are called the dermatophytes, which means “skin fungi.” Skin fungi can only live on the dead layer of keratin protein on top of the skin. They rarely invade deeper into the body and cannot live on mucous membranes, such as those in the mouth or vagina.
What are the sources of skin fungi?
Some fungi live only on human skin, hair, or nails. Others live on animals and only visit humans sometimes. Still others live in the soil. It is often difficult or impossible to identify the source of a particular person’s skin fungus.
Heat and moisture help fungi grow and thrive, which makes them more common in skin folds such as those in the groin or between the toes. This also accounts for their reputation as being caught from showers, locker rooms, and swimming pools. This reputation is exaggerated, though, since many people with “jock itch” or “athlete’s foot” are neither jocks nor athletes.
Did You Know?
- Ringworm of the scalp can be seen as a small pimple that becomes larger.
- Foods with rich sources of proteins are useful as natural treatment for ringworm.
- Ringworm is highly contagious and can be spread further throughout the body by scratching and contact with infested bedding or clothing.
- Holy basil juice can be used as a topical treatment for ringworm.
- Ringworm in humans affect the scalp,it can be treated using a few drops of tea tree oil mixed with some carrier oil.
- Tea tree oil is a very effective antifungal remedy onhow to treat ringworm fast .
- A doctor will prescribe a course of antibiotics and recommend the correct ringworm treatment.
- The longer you delay, the worse the ringworm symptoms will become.
- Ringworm can be passed from pet to child and vice versa—soa fast and effective treatment for ringworm in children is essential to avoid the spread of ringworm.