betadine versus iodine for ringworm treatment??
Dealing with Ringworm Treatment
My boyfriend got ringworm, and I got it from him. Someone told me Iodine would clear it up, as well as several antifungal creams, but I have alot of allergies to some pretty common ingredients in the antifungals, and majorly allergic to Iodine. I can handle Betadine without breaking out in a major
.com/ringworm-news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ringworm-300×203.jpg” alt=”ringworm treatment – ringworms - ringworm symptoms” width=”300″ height=”203″ />rash, but not sure it would be as effective. I am washing frequently with antibacterial, and not scratching, and have taken every precaution I came across online to prevent the spread, but how do I get rid of it on me?? Does anyone know of any ringworm treatment that really works?
Fungal and Ringworm Treatment
Actually, Iodine and Betadine (generic: Povidone Iodine) are one and the same. Their concentrations, however, would vary. You might just be allergic with the one with higher concentration. Ringworm (if you’re sure that it is indeed that), is a fungal infection of the skin, so the treatment for that would be an antifungal (i.e. Ketoconazole, Terbinafine, etc.), so definitely, Betadine would not work. It is best that you visit a Dermatologist.
More Resources on Ringworm:
Best Ringworm Treatment
Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
- Stops the Itch within minutes – Let’s you sleep at night and focus on work and family without the stress.
- Heals the Ringworm Sores – No more embarrassment from the ringworm sores
- Safe, Deep Penetrating and Strong acting – you control your own treatment based on your skin type
- Complete System – step by step instructions make it simple and easy
- Ringworm Treatment Product Works Fast – Penetrates Deep to Kill Fungus.
Video About Ringworm
Facts and Information about Ringworm
- Ringworm is highly contagious and the spores will be left all over the home while your pet is suffering with this affliction.
- Ringworm in an animal shelter, on the other hand, can lead to almost unmanageable outbreaks, thousands of dollars in diagnostic and medical costs, the possibility of spread of disease to adopters and staff, and an intolerable blow to shelter status in the community.
- Ringworm may either resemble or secondarily infect conditions such as “stud tail”, “chin acne”, indolent lip ulcers and eosinophilic plaques.
- Ringworm (dermatophytosis) is a fungal disease of cats, dogs, sheep, rabbits, cattle, and horses in that invades keratinized structures (e.g. hair, horn, nails, feathers, and skin).
- Ringworm is transmitted by direct contact with infected animals, fomite (e.g.: bedding), or contaminated environment.
Did You Know?
- Chytridiomycosis, caused by Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, is a deadly fungal skin infection in amphibians, which it kills by damaging to the animals’ normally permeable skin, thus disrupting the transport of air and moisture.
- Oral medications are usually prescribed as a 3-month course, which should be completed even if the symptoms have disappeared earlier.
- If your own is ringworm contagious infection becomes thus serious that oral pills tend to be required, it could take months so you can beat the situation completely.
- Similar fungi cause ringworm in humans, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, and other animals.
- Some of the common ringworm symptoms among cats are rough and broken hairs, hair loss especially on head, or paws.
- Athlete’s foot called tinea pedis is a form of fungal skin infection .
- Ringworm is a very contagious condition and a ringworm treatment needs to be continued for a month, but theringworm symptomsshould improve within two weeks.
- Ringworm in humans can be seen as red circular rashes with healthy skin in the middle.
- If you notice any unusual side effects during your ringworm treatment, you should report them to your doctor.
- Athelete’s Foot is the most common type of fungal skin infection.
- Treatment for ringworm comes in the form of topical and oral antifungal medications.
- Over the counter antifungal creams, ointments or shampoos are usually not effective treatment for ringworm of the scalp when used alone.
More Reading on This Topic
- Pet Ringworm Symptoms and Cure. Pet ringworm is a very common form … The most common symptoms of pet ringworm in cats are rough or broken hairs, or hair loss around the head or the paws. Pet ringworm can easily be …
- ringworm hair loss pictures Ringworm Hair Loss Pictures. Learn about the scalp ringworm symptoms with pictures of scalp ring worm. inflammatory ringworm can casue permanent scarring and hair loss. Gray Patch Ringworm …
- Reader Question: Does My Cat Have Ringworm? Two weeks ago, I noticed some red bumps above my cat’s eye, after a while they turned into a scab and went.
- Ringworm Symptoms. All About Ringworm Symptoms. ringworm treatment – ringworms – ringworm symptoms Ringworm symptoms are first identified by a very itchy rash. It often makes a pattern in the shape of a ring and the outside of the circle …