How long after Treatment is started for skin ringworms does it stop being contagious?
It is on the neck. I dont agree with above. I have 3 kids & they have had ring worm, it is contagious! They actualy come from dirt,since cats dig in the dirt the most they have them more than other animals.Horses have also been known to have them. To get rid of them they need to dry out. You should get any type of cream or spray that is for fungus, apply it 2-3 times a day. Try not to touch it any more than you have to & keep your hands washed alot. I have been told that even when they start to go away you should keep putting the cream on them, do that for one week after you dont see it any more. It normaly takes about a month for them to go away compleatly!!
Find out more about ringworms and Treatment, here.
Best Value! The All Stop Ringworm Combo is excellent for people with more severe cases or larger areas covered by Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Combo provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
- Ringworm Product Works Fast – Penetrates Deep to Kill Fungus
- Stops the Itch within minutes – Let’s you sleep at night and focus on work and family without the stress.
- Heals the Ringworm Sores – No more embarrassment from the ringworm sores
- Safe, Deep Penetrating and Strong acting – you control your own treatment based on your skin type
- Complete System – step by step instructions make it simple and easy treatment for ringworms.
Facts and Details
- Typically ringworm can be seen in dogs through patches of missing hair.
- Ringworm is highly contagious and can be spread further throughout the body by scratching and contact with infested bedding or clothing.
- To prevent the spread of ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch and yeast fungal skin infection, personal hygiene is very important.
- Your vet may start your dog on a treatment for ringworm even before he is a hundred percent sure that is what he is suffering from.
- Make sure to wash your bed sheets, towels, hats or anything else that the ringworm infested area have touched.
- The specific pattern of scalp ringworm symptoms depends on the infecting ringworm fungi.
- Ringworms are very irritating, people rub it all the time and through this rubbing process, it spreads to the other part of the body.
- Ringworm in humans spreads from one person to another.
- Ringworm is another common type of fungal skin infection in dogs that is caused by the Microsporum and Trichophyton fungal species.
- Ringworm in humans affect the scalp,it can be treated using a few drops of tea tree oil mixed with some carrier oil.
- Fungal skin infections come in different forms and show up in different parts of the body.