Ringworm Treatment for Cats
I have been treating a rescue cat for about 2 weeks now for ringworm. She had a lot of places that were a little crusty on the edges. Now the crusty places seem to have gotten bigger. The Ringworm Treatments I got is from a vet but I am not sure if that is a sign of healing or if I should bring her back to the vet.
I have a mama cat who always gave her kittens ringworm ( where she licked their necks and ears ). I took them to the vet, and was told that she was a “carrier”, but didn’t have the fungus, herself.
Variety of Cat Ringworm Treatment
The vet told me to go to the grocery ( or pharmacy ) and get some Lamisil Anti-fungal Cream, and rub this into the ringworm spots. I did that, and within a few days, all of the lesions were healing ( drying up ). I also put some Bitter Apple over the cream, so that the mama wouldn’t want to lick them anymore. The Ringworm Treatment worked, their hair grew back, and no one would ever know they’d had the ringworm.
The Best Ringworm Treatment for Cats
This ringworm treatment for cats small breeds is easy-to-use, safe and works quickly. Following directions ringworm will quickly dry up and fall off within a week or so. Your cats safety was in mind when we created and thoroughly tested these products on cats.
Our Pets’BestRx Healing & Protection Spray penetrates deep into the layers and combats the Ringworm fungus on top & inside your cat’s skin. It begins working on contact and it’s very easy to use. The itch goes away within minutes.
Sulfinex Cream is a sulfur based product that penetrates deep into the dermal layers of your cat’s skin, while encasing and drying the Ringworm fungus. It stops the Ringworm fungus dead in its tracks! Works fast, its safe and the itch goes away almost immediately. Our white sulfur is non-staining and pleasant smelling. Use only once a day.
Prescription medications for Ringworm (oral medication) treat the entire body instead of just the infected fungus area! Fact: less than 8% of oral meds get to where they are required. Why treat your entire body?
It does not make sense, given the serious side effects, when you have something topical like All StopTM and the Ringworm is GONE IN A FEW DAYS! Additionally, it can take weeks or months to cure with prescription oral medications!
Wouldn’t you prefer to have a solution that works the first time and most of all, within seconds instead of weeks? Does anyone know of any doctors or drug stores who give you a Money Back Guarantee if the Product does not work?
Why would you consider anything else but All Stop?
Learn more about Ringworm.
President, Q-Based Healthcare TM
The Makers of All Stop TM Products
Toll Free 1.866.314.8917
Ringworm Home Remedies
Ringworm in Humans
Ringworm home remedies are a very good thing to have when your pet or your child turns up with a bout of ringworm. Going to the doctor for antibiotics can be especially expensive, and usually isn’t necessary.
. Natural remedies are, in most cases, very effective at treating this type of skin fungus. If not, however, it is best to consult a doctor if the condition gets worse and isn’t helped by alternative medicine.
How do you get ringworm?
Contrary to popular belief, ringworm is actually not caused by a worm under the skin. It is actually a type of fungus that belongs to the family called Dermatophytes. This skin fungus infects the cells of both humans and animals, causing a dark ring to appear that is very itchy and often scaly looking. Like most types of fungi, ringworm (or Tinea) grows very well in warm and wet places. This is why it is easy to pick up in locker rooms, gyms, and other public places where people may bathe. Tinea can be transferred from direct contact with others who have it, or by indirect contact. It is very contagious. Sharing items such as clothing, towels, hairbrushes, and lotions can spread the fungus from one person to the next very easily, so it is best to avoid doing so.
What does ringworm look like?
Typically, ringworm manifests itself on the skin of one’s body, and on the scalp. When the scalp becomes infected, it is likely to last up to two weeks, while the skin usually only lasts 5-8 days with the condition. Untreated, however, it can worsen and cause skin to break and crack, becoming even more scaly and letting bacteria into the flesh, which can cause additional infections. If this happens, it is recommended that you see a doctor as soon as possible; tough antibiotics will be needed.
Natural Treatment for Ringworm
The good news is that there are dozens of effective and inexpensive home remedies for ringworm. Most of these remedies are derived from food sources, mainly fruits. Papaya is one such fruit. You can peel a papaya and rub the flesh over the infected area a few times per day, and the fungus should be killed in a few days. Mustard seeds, ground into a thick paste with garlic oil, is also extremely effective. Many people will combine natural remedies to get the most treatment, so you may consider using turmeric or coconut oil as well every other day in addition to papaya and mustard seeds. Find out which remedies work the quickest on your skin, and you will be able to reuse the method if the problem ever crops up again.
Discover how to make more ringworm home remedies with natural ingredients that can be found in your kitchen! The Natural Home Remedies website is full of remedies and recipes for your health, skin and beauty care, and your pets.
Article from articlesbase.com
Additional Resources on Ringworm:
- Ringworm Treatment Products
- Ringworm and Animals
- Ringworm of the Skin
- Ringworm Questions
- Signs and symptoms of Ringworm
Ringworm Medicine Pack – Mild Cases is the best recommended product to use for ringworm treatment. Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
Facts About Ringworm
- Ringworm is the name of a type of infection of the skin that is caused by a fungus (a plant which is too small to see).
- Ringworm can spread to other people if they touch the rash, or if they touch anything that has touched the rash.
- RINGWORM (DERMATOPHYTOSIS) DESCRIPTION Ringworm is not caused by worms in or on the skin. The true ringworm infection is caused by a fungus which lives in the outermost layers of the external skin (called the epidermis).
- Ringworm fungi rarely, if ever, infect any internal part of the body.
- Ringworm can be transferred from animal to animal or from animal to human.
Factoids on This Topic
- Ringworm is another type of fungal skin infection also known as tinea caused by fungus called dermatophyte.
- Ringworm treatment is performed by a veterinarian who can search for dog skin fungus by means of a special, ultra violet light.
- Depending on the severity of the infection, the treatment for ringworm in dogs differs.
- The longer you delay, the worse the ringworm symptoms will become.
- Over the counter antifungal creams, ointments or shampoos are usually not effective treatment for ringworm of the scalp when used alone.
- Some patients with tinea barbaeal so experience symptoms like breaking of hairs.
Other Blogs on This Topic
- Lotrimin AF® Ringworm Cream is clinically proven to cure most ringworm while providing effective relief from these symptoms: Itching Redness IrritationLotrimin AF® Ringworm Cream is greaseless, odorless, and non-staining People who use creams like the soothing feeling and the ease and precision of application Ringworm is a contagious infection called …
- Photo Mug, Ringworm infection on the arm of a sheepworker. Example of tinea, also known as ringworm, on the arm of a sheepworker. The disease was picked up from an infected sheep. Tinea is a fungal infection of the surface of the skin and is caused by various species such as Microsporum, Trichophyton and Epidermophyton. Ringworm, which also affects animals, is highly contagious and can be spread b …
- SAPROX is 100% natural clay that contains sulphur and other minerals, humic acids, essential oils and other organic substances that are a product of very slow decomposition of herbs and aquatic plants without presence of oxygen over thousands of years. This natural process preserves beneficial elements within the clay. The combination of all elements play an important part of SAPROX’s complex effe …