Ringworm Treatment for Cats
I have been treating a rescue cat for about 2 weeks now for ringworm. She had a lot of places that were a little crusty on the edges. Now the crusty places seem to have gotten bigger. The Ringworm Treatments I I have a mama cat who always gave her kittens ringworm ( where she licked their necks and ears ). I took them to the vet, and was told that she was a “carrier”, but didn’t have the fungus, herself.
Variety of Cat ringworm treatment
The vet told me to go to the grocery ( or pharmacy ) and get some Lamisil Anti-fungal Cream, and rub this into the ringworm spots. I did that, and within a few days, all of the lesions were healing ( drying up ). I also put some Bitter Apple over the cream, so that the mama wouldn’t want to lick them anymore. The Ringworm Treatment worked, their hair grew back, and no one would ever know they’d had the ringworm.
The Best ringworm treatment for Cats
This ringworm treatment for cats small breeds is easy-to-use, safe and works quickly. Following directions ringworm will quickly dry up and fall off within a week or so. Your cats safety was in mind when we created and thoroughly tested these products on cats.
Our Pets’BestRx Healing & Protection Spray penetrates deep into the layers and combats the Ringworm fungus on top & inside your cat’s skin. It begins working on contact and it’s very easy to use. The itch goes away within minutes.
Sulfinex Cream is a sulfur based product that penetrates deep into the dermal layers of your cat’s skin, while encasing and drying the Ringworm fungus. It stops the Ringworm fungus dead in its tracks! Works fast, its safe and the itch goes away almost immediately. Our white sulfur is non-staining and pleasant smelling. Use only once a day.
Facts and Details
- Fungi are the organisms that can cause infection in humans, and many of these infections involve the skin.
- Itching can spread ringworm in humans.
- A lot of times sharing of combs and other articles of personal use can also cause the spread of ringworm in humans.
- Treating both the dog and the environment are of equal importance.
- Ringworm is a very contagious condition and a ringworm treatment needs to be continued for a month, but theringworm symptomsshould improve within two weeks.
- Systemic treatment for ringworm such as oral medications is required for ringworm that affects the nails and scalp.
- Dogs can easily spread ringworm to other parts of their body by itching.
- For ringworm known as Athlete’s Foot, the symptoms are dry cracked skin, itching between the toes, and at times a patchy appearance on the skin of the feet.
- Ringworm symptoms that are from the most severe cases of the infection include bright or dramatic redness in the infected area, swelling of the surrounding skin, a high fever present in the infected person, and in very harsh cases there can be drainage from the infected area of the skin.
- If you or your loved one shows any of the common signs of ringworm psoriasis, it is crucial to perform how to treat ringworm psoriasis as soon as possible.
- Photo Mug, Ringworm infection on the arm of a sheepworker. Example of tinea, also known as ringworm, on the arm of a sheepworker. The disease was picked up from an infected sheep. Tinea is a fungal infection of the surface of the skin and is caused by various species such as Microsporum, Trichophyton and Epidermophyton. Ringworm, which also affects animals, is highly contagious and can be spread b …
- Customer Reviews
- Customer Reviews
From the Socialscape
I found this home remedy for ringworm online. It suggests mixing a 1/4 tsp of the grapefruit seed extract and 1/4 tsp vegetable glycerine together and applying it to the leg once a day. Next, it suggests to cover the area with a bandage. I was able to find glycerine here in Athens, Greece, but I’m unsure if it is a vegetable base…
Lastly it suggests taking garlic and acidophilus pills to work internally.
Not sure, never heard of that one curing ringworm.
Ringworm, being a fungus, can be treated with tea tree oil though….if au naturelle is how you want to go.
Try soaking your feet in a solution of warm water and tea tree oil…try about 10 drops in the foot bath. when done, put a mixture of the tea tree oil & some other kind of oil or cream (to dilute the tea tree oil)…or you can buy tea tree oil that is already diluted and put it directly on it…. so read the labels carefully.
If you have any allergies though, I’d suggest going to your doctor about it and they can prescribe treatment for you….sometimes the topical stuff doesn’t work and you may need the pills to treat it from the inside out.
good luck with it!
Merlin the Cat
Problem On Ringworm In Humans
My daughter keeps getting ringworm, we keep on decontaminating all her clothes toys and bed, but it keeps coming back, i think she is picking it up from a local cat or dog as we dont own any pets.
does any1 have any other remedies to get rid of it from her body without using a cream from the chemist
Here is a home remedy for ringworm I found:
A folk remedy for ringworm is a 1:1 solution of cider vinegar and water. Another alternative is 2 drops of tea tree oil mixed with an ounce of water.
I don’t know if this works or not but I know that you can buy anti fungal cream or sprays from any pharmacy and use it to treat ringworm. If its a bad infection then it would be best to see the Dr for oral drugs.
As for reinfestation I know the spores that cause ringworm can live in the house for up to a year so it’s important to clean the entire house. Wash anything that can be washed and It can be hard to get rid of the spores in your home. Here are some tips that may help:
Treatment For Ringworm Must Include House Cleaning
This is why treatment for ringworm must also include a thorough house cleaning to rid the home of any spores that could reinfect you or your cat. This can be done by disinfecting your home using a dilute chlorine (.5%) bleach solution (this must include all furniture, carpeting etc.). Remove and replace all used air filters in the home. Thorough vacuuming of the carpeting and subsequent removal of the vacuum bags can also assist in ridding the home of spores.
Also, it’s important to try to find the cause. If you do not have any pets and you think this came from a pet then make sure you tell your daughter not to pet any strange animals until this thing is taken care of. Also, I read it doesn’t have to be from a pet it can come from another person or even the soil.
Hope I helped.
I had ringworm before. My older cat had it and I got it and we shampooed him with anti fungal shampooed and clean the house good and treated our spots with cream and it was gone. Good Luck.
Other Resources on Ringworm – Get the Facts:
- About Ringworm
- Risk Factors of Ringworm
- Ringworm Treatment Products
- Catching Ringworm From Pets
- Information on Ringworm
Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to disinfect your home or environment with a disinfectant specifically designed to kill fungus. See our Hospital Grade Ready-to-Use Disinfectant. In our research, we have found that effectively treating your environment for ringworm spores is the key to completely eradicating all 119 strains of theringworm fungus. This is why Ringworm is difficult to treat for many people and why other treatment programs usually fail. We offer powerful products to eliminate the ringworm fungus on your skin, and environmental products to eradicate Ringworm spores in your home, ON CONTACT!
Informational Quotes about Ringworm
Ringworm can spread while petting or grooming dogs or cats. Ringworm can spread by contact with objects or surfaces that an infected person or animal has recently touched or rubbed against, such as clothing, towels, bedding and linens, combs, and brushes. Ringworm in pets may often be asymptomatic, resulting in a carrier condition which either infects other pets, or shows disease only when the companion animal develops an immunosuppressive condition. Ringworm is a skin disease that is not caused by worms, but by fungus.