Problem on Ringworms
Q:our newly adopted puppy soon to be 3 mo s old was diagnosed with the fungus we re bathing him every other day and the cats twice a week i asked my physician if us humans were to see anything on us what could we do she suggested lotrimin could we also use this topical ointment on the dog as long as he can t reach to lick it off? he is on an oral med and has been for about a week now A:if you purchase clotrimazole cream lotrimin and rub it into the lesion washing your hands after the application to avoid spreading the infection it can be safely used on your pet the small amoun
Video About Ringworms
Additional Resources on Ringworm:
- Catching Ringworm From Pets
- A Product for Ringworm
- Ringworm Introduction
- Information on Ringworm
- About Ringworm
Facts and Information about Ringworm
- Ringworm patients undergoing treatment commonly fit in this category towards the end of their care; the skin is still dropping spores but the visible signs of infection have cleared up. A carrier can also carry the spores on their fur without being infected, much as an inanimate object might have spores on its surface incidentally.
- Ringworm sounds downright scary, conjuring images of creepy, crawly critters invading the skin. The good news is that ringworm is actually a misnomer because there are actually no worms involved. Ringworm is caused by dermatophyte, a fungus.
- Ringworm is a skin infection that is characterized by itchy, scaly patches on the skin, fingernails, and scalp. Ringworm of the feet is known as athlete’s foot, and ringworm of the groin is known as jock itch.
- Ringworm in the horse, frequently called girth itch, is caused by a group of fungi of which the two most common are Trichophytrm and Microspmztm.
- Ringworm can be transmitted by direct contact with an infected animal (the ringworm fungus knows no barriers and can infect many species), any environment where an infected animal has visited like a boarding kennel, or contact with a contaminated item such as grooming equipment, brush, tack, blanket or dog bed. As the fungus grows on the skin it produces tiny spores which are spread to other parts of the body by brushing, grooming, or by the rubbing action of tack and blankets and can then transmitted to other animals.
What are Ringworms?
The term ringworm or ringworms refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. The name is derived from the early belief that the infection was due to a worm, which it is not. Ringworms are fungal infection in the skin. Nevertheless, the name ringworms remain. Some of these fungi produce round spots on the skin, but many do not. On the other hand, many round, red spots on the skin are not due to a fungal infection.Ringworms occur in people of all ages, but it is particularly common in children. Ringworms are contagious and can be passed from person to person by contact with infected skin areas or by sharing combs and brushes, other personal care items, or clothing. It is also possible become infected with ringworms after coming in contact with locker room or pool surfaces.
Ringworm Medicine Pack – Mild Cases. It is the Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
Factoids on This Topic
- Vinegar, alcohol, and even lemon juice are acidic and used as a home treatment for ringworm by mothers and grandmothers.
- A doctor will prescribe a course of antibiotics and recommend the correct ringworm treatment.
- Your vet may start your dog on a treatment for ringworm even before he is a hundred percent sure that is what he is suffering from.
- When a fungal skin infection is left untreated it can spread to other parts of the body causing damage.
- Ringworm in humans is characterized by circular rashes, which is red in color and itchy.
- Topical treatment for ringworm will take around two weeks to clear up the infection when it occurs in the body or groin area and are often effective for athlete’s foot as well.
- Ringworm symptoms on the body usually appear 4-10 days after exposure.
- Some people believe that ringworm in humans is an actual worm that enters the body but this is not true, despite the sound of the name.
- The hair becomes infected and brittle then breaks off.
- Apple cider vinegar contains certain acidic components, which are responsible for preventing the growth of ringworm in humans.
- Dermatophytes, which are fungi, cause ringworm in humans and animals.
- Scalp ringworm is most easily seen through the patches of temporary baldness.
- Even though the ring-like pattern is considered as the characteristic symptom of ringworm in humans, it is not necessary that the same happens to everyone.
- SAPROX is 100% natural clay that contains sulphur and other minerals, humic acids, essential oils and other organic substances that are a product of very slow decomposition of herbs and aquatic plants without presence of oxygen over thousands of years. This natural process preserves beneficial elements within the clay. The combination of all elements play an important part of SAPROX’s complex effe …
- Customer Reviews
- Customer Reviews
Social Media Comments
- How to identify and treat ringworm http://t.co/wgyFcf6q
- #ringworm Symptoms and treatment for ringworm http://t.co/DcwGfoIW
- treatment for ringworms http://t.co/hZqHZyzm
What Is Ringworm of the groin-?
This is also called Jock Itch. This is a ringworm infection in the groin area. A fungus causes ringworm. This itching disease forms circular patches with defined edges. Normally caused by contact with infection from some human being or even an animal, ringworm is a disease that is surely troublesome. Let us know more about how to prevent it and how to treat it.’
Ringworm- clinical look
Ringworm patches form in a circular shape. The ringworm patch has clear defined red edges and a center of skin color. The name worm is misleading because no worm has anything to do with this disease. The fungus finds the groin area moist and warm and that is ideal for it to multiply. You can get the infection by touching somebody else’s ringworm, sharing towels, etc. animals also spread this disease. If you touch an animal suffering from ringworm and then scratch your groin area the fungus will infect you. To find out more about the causes of ringworm of the groin or Jock Itch, click here- Ringworm of the groin
AllStop Ringworm News Video
Learn More with Additional Resources on Ringworm:
- What Is Ringworm
- Ringworm on Body
- Ringworm Treatment Products
- Ringworm of the Skin
- Ringworm Questions
Obese people are more susceptible to get Ringworm. Those who wear very tight clothes are also more susceptible. Diabetics may get this infection faster than others. Please consult your doctor whenever you see the circular patches and itching in the groin area.
This article is only for informative purposes. This article is not intended to be a medical advise and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for your medical concerns. Please follow any tip given in this article only after consulting your doctor. The author is not liable for any outcome or damage resulting from information obtained from this article.
C.D.Mohatta writes articles on skin problems, skin treatments and skin care. For more information about how to have good skin that looks young and blemish free, please visit- http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/. You will also find solutions to wrinkles, scars, facial rejuvenation, latest laser treatments, skin blemishes and spots, hair care and hair loss and about keeping healthy nails. This site is dedicated to keep you healthy and make you look good. For keeping yourself young and healthy at all the ages find out more about the skin problems and how to cure them.
Article from articlesbase.com
For this technique demonstration, Alberto Crane (UFC Vet, 1st American BB under Gracie Barra, and all around good guy) was gracious enough to show us his signature pass: The CRANE Pass. The pass is especially effective form the closed guard and half guard. Be sure to watch after the instruction, for the moved being used by AthleticBodyCare athlete, Orlando Sanchez, to win the Blue Belt 2010 Absolute World Title! See you on the mat. www.AthleticBodyCare.com http www.GBencino.com
Informational Facts about Ringworm
- Ringworm of the groin is also called tinea cruris (pronounced tin-EE-uh KROOR-iss) or “jock itch.
- Ringworm of the nails is also known as tinea unguium (pronounced tin-EE-uh UN-gwee-um).
- Ringworm of the groin: Wear cotton underwear and change it more than once a day.
- Ringworm is widespread in many countries, including the United States.
- Ringworm is contagious and spreads through direct contact with an infected person or pet.
All About Ringworm Symptoms
Ringworm symptoms are first identified by a very itchy rash. It often makes a pattern in the shape of a ring and the outside of the circle is usually raised and redder than the inside. Pictures of ringworm could help you determine if you have ringworm. Sometimes the ringworm sore it is just a red, itchy rash.
Jock itch is another form of ringworm and it is a rash in the skin folds of the groin. It may also spread to the inner thighs or buttocks and is common on both men and women. Jock itch is very contagious and is also spread to the groin area by simply putting on your underwear if a person has athletes foot.
Athlete’s Foot : Another Ringworm Symptoms
Athlete’s foot is also another symptom of ringworm; but the inflammation, cracking and burning is primarily on the bottom of the feet and between the toes.
Most ringworm of the skin can be treated at home with fungal creams you can buy without a prescription. Your rash may clear up soon after you start your ringworm treatment, but it’s important to keep using the cream for as long as the label says. This will help keep the infection from coming back.
If ringworm is not treated, your skin could blister, and the cracks could become infected with bacteria. If this happens, you will need antibiotics.
Learn More – Other Resources on Ringworm
Ringworm Symptoms: Ringworm Treatment
It is the Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to disinfect your home or environment with a disinfectant specifically designed to kill fungus. See our Hospital Grade Ready-to-Use Disinfectant. In our research, we have found that effectively treating your environment for ringworm spores is the key to completely eradicating all 119 strains of theringworm fungus. This is why Ringworm is difficult to treat for many people and why other treatment programs usually fail. We offer powerful products to eliminate the ringworm fungus on your skin, and environmental products to eradicate Ringworm spores in your home, ON CONTACT!
5 Facts about Ringworm
- Ringworm can also be caught from other humans, both by direct contact and by prolonged contact with flakes of shed skin (from sharing clothes or from house dust, for instance).
- Ringworm infection of the scalp is extremely common world wide.
- Ringworm, regardless of how the word sounds it is not caused by worm but it is fungal infection.
- Ringworm is widely spread among the people involved in sports mainly wrestling.
- Ringworm is a fungal infection of the body skin, scalp, or nails.