It is on the neck. I dont agree with above. I have 3 kids & they have had ring worm, it is contagious! They actualy come from dirt,since cats dig in the dirt the most they have them more than other animals.Horses have also been known to have them. To get rid of them they need to dry out. You should get any type of cream or spray that is for fungus, apply it 2-3 times a day. Try not to touch it any more than you have to & keep your hands washed alot. I have been told that even when they start to go away you should keep putting the cream on them, do that for one week after you dont see it any more. It normaly takes about a month for them to go away compleatly!!
Find out more about ringworms and Treatment, here.
Best Value! The All Stop Ringworm Combo is excellent for people with more severe cases or larger areas covered by Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Combo provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
- Ringworm Product Works Fast – Penetrates Deep to Kill Fungus
- Stops the Itch within minutes – Let’s you sleep at night and focus on work and family without the stress.
- Heals the Ringworm Sores – No more embarrassment from the ringworm sores
- Safe, Deep Penetrating and Strong acting – you control your own treatment based on your skin type
- Complete System – step by step instructions make it simple and easy treatment for ringworms.
Facts and Details
- Typically ringworm can be seen in dogs through patches of missing hair.
- Ringworm is highly contagious and can be spread further throughout the body by scratching and contact with infested bedding or clothing.
- To prevent the spread of ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch and yeast fungal skin infection, personal hygiene is very important.
- Your vet may start your dog on a treatment for ringworm even before he is a hundred percent sure that is what he is suffering from.
- Make sure to wash your bed sheets, towels, hats or anything else that the ringworm infested area have touched.
- The specific pattern of scalp ringworm symptoms depends on the infecting ringworm fungi.
- Ringworms are very irritating, people rub it all the time and through this rubbing process, it spreads to the other part of the body.
- Ringworm in humans spreads from one person to another.
- Ringworm is another common type of fungal skin infection in dogs that is caused by the Microsporum and Trichophyton fungal species.
- Ringworm in humans affect the scalp,it can be treated using a few drops of tea tree oil mixed with some carrier oil.
- Fungal skin infections come in different forms and show up in different parts of the body.
All About Ringworm Treatments
Apparently I’ve had ringworm for 2-3 months and never realized what it was. Lucky for me It’s mild, 3 or 4 small redish circles.. less than half the size of a dime, and 1 that’ slightly smaller than a penny.
I was shocked, and disgusted, when I found I had it.. I had always thought Ringworm was some type of skin parasite. Now I’ve realized its a fungus, and my mom (I’m too ashamed to talk with anyone else) wants to try some home remedies before using creams.
I’m currently using garlic slices and simply covering the rings with them. The edges seem to have gotten soft, but it’s to early to tell it it will work.
I’ve looked up treatments such as: Nail Polish, Tree Oil, Vinegar, Watered Down Bleach, Papaya Fruits, etc.
Ringworm Home Remedies
I’m now extremely careful about my skin, washing my hands every time the get near the ring, washing my clothes and sheets every day, avoiding acidic foods, and keeping myself dry.
I apologize for the long introduction, if anyone has had any home remedies that have worked for them, or have some tips or warnings. PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. This stuff is gross and I just want it gone.
No home remedies. get athletes foot anti-fungal cream. works like a charm!!or get sandpaper, like 80 grit or something, rub it across the sites till it bleads, then put cream on it. It will hurt like a Bi**h but it works.
Best Ringworm Treatment
Most Popular! The All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts.
More Resources on Rinworm:
- Ringworm on Scalp
- About Ringworm
- Ringworm Overview
- Risk Factors of Ringworm
- Ringworm Treatment Products
Facts and Information about Ringworm
- Ringworm acquired from another child, who may have no symptoms of his or her own, tends to form bigger rings.
- Ringworm, despite its name is not a worm and has nothing to do with worms.
- Ringworm is a very common contagious condition caused by a fungus and not by worms.
- Ringworm appears as a flat, scaly spot that looks like a pimple.
- Ringworm is very contagious and it can easily be acquired through direct contact with contaminated people, animals or objects.
- Ringworm in animals usually appears as a rapidly growing circular patch of broken hair.
- Ringworm is a well known fungus that is known to infect dogs, cats and people.
- Ringworm is transmitted by direct contact with an infected animal or contact with an item that is contaminated with infective fungal spores.
- Ringworm – once thought to be an actual worm lurking beneath the skin – is a common fungal infection of the skin .
- Ringworm is often used as synonym to Tinea .
Question On Medication for Ringworm
Are there any medication for ringworm that have worked? My grandson has tried tree oil and fungus cream from the dermatologist. It seems like nothing has help! Anyone know any good medication for ringworm?
Wasabi Paste as medication for ringworm….I have heard works really well! check out this website of great ideas for home medication for ringworm!
The majority of ringworm infections can be simply treated a medication for ringworm at home, however you ought to first consult a doctor that can prescribe you the best medication for ringworm that fits your case. The most used medication for ringworm are different types of ointments that has to be applied on the skin some times every day for a few days till the infection is gone, and afterwards so as to form certain that it will not seem again.
Typically though you used the prescribed cream ringworm does not go away. In this case the infection is stronger and it needs to be treated with anti-fungal pills. If you do not take the medication for ringworm precisely as the doctor tells you to the infection can return even if the red itchy areas have disappeared.
A good home medication for ringworm is sea salt.
If you apply sea salt on the infected patches it will absorb all the moisture on the skin and completely dry that place. This hurts the fungi that would like a ton of humidity. Sea salt must be repeatedly applied for a minimum of thirty minutes till the infection goes away.
Some experts advocate rubbing your skin with manuka oil, an extract from a species of plants that grow in new zeland. Tests have proven that this oil is very effective Medication for Ringworm. Always raise your doctor before selecting to attempt any medication for ringworm as a result of solely he will tell you if it’s smart and if there are any possibilities that it can work.
Additional Ringworm Resources:
- Ringworm (Tinea)
- Ringworm Infection
- Ringworm on Body
- Best Ringworm Treatment
- What is Ringworm?
Most Recommended Medication for Ringworm
It can overcome the infection in around fourteen days. Though you’ll expertise an amelioration of the symptoms inside the first few days, it is very vital to not interrupt the medication for ringworm till your doctor tells you to. Follow the treatment with medication for ringworm for so long as your doctor indicates. In order to ensure that the infection is totally overcome, the medication for ringworm should be continued for another 10 days once the symptoms have disappeared. If the treatment with medication for ringworm is prematurely stopped, the infection will quickly reoccur.
The Best Medication for Ringworm!
Most Popular! The Most Effective All Stop Ringworm Pack is the perfect solution for people with only a few small Ringworm sores. It soothes and repairs the skin, while it stops the spread of Ringworm. The long-lasting All Stop Ringworm Pack provides up to a full 12 hours of relief. Safe for use on small children and varying skin types and body parts. The best medication for ringworm product.
Facts and Information about Ringworm
- Ringworm can be passed from person to person by direct skin-to-skin contact or by coming into contact with contaminated items, e.g., combs, unwashed clothing, bedding, and shower or swimming pool surfaces.
- Ringworm is common in young children, and outbreaks can occur in schools, child-care settings, and nurseries.
- Ringworm can be passed from person to person by direct skin-to-skin contact.
- Ringworm of the skin usually appears 4 to 10 days after contact.
- Ringworm usually responds well to selfcare within four weeks without having to see a doctor.
Informational Video About Rinworm