All About scabies Information
If she had sarcoptic mange and was with other dogs, then the other dogs were exposed and should be treated also for it. As sarcoptic mange is HIGHLY contagious to other dogs. It takes several weeks to rid the adults off the body, then it take about another few weeks to get all the larvae.
Additional Resources on scabies:
- What is scabies?
- Can scabies be treated?
- Scabies Facts
- Wiki - scabies
- Complications of scabies
- Fast-acting scabies Treatment
Scabies Vs. Mange
Demodex mange is harder to rid a dog off since it can harbor in the skin for the rest of the dogs life and be brought on by stress and impropernutrition. I would treat and bath all the other dogs shes with to be sure that its not constantly being passed around from dog to dog. When we’d get a contaminated Sarcoptic dog into isolation we treat all the dogs in isolation.
Best scabies Remedy
Our Fast-acting Mitactin scabies Spray is effective to use on the scalp and gentle enough to use all over your body. No Rinsing Required. The light Mitactin Spray Mist is great for areas with less Mite activity or more frequent treatments as a follow-up to the Salve.
Informational Facts about scabies
- But scabies can be treated by home remedies for scabies if identified early.
- The scabies mite is fragile and cannot survive for extended periods of time outside of the human body.
- The scabies that I got from the house were the type that you get from pets and sadly, the doctor told me that the type of scabies I had gotten woudn’t go away unless I used a cream to get rid of it.
- The scabies remedy and recovery process can be simple and easy if you use proper scabies treatment methods to help get rid of scabies.
- The scabies mite is a small, almost microscopic eight-legged parasite.
- The scabies mites that infest humans are more than not female mites, as the male mites are even smaller in size.
- The scabies mite cannot survive more than three to four days without skin contact.
- The scabies mite will spread from child to child through physical contact, like hugging and holding hands.
- It can also spread through getting into the carpet, beds, blankets, and anywhere else your child spends time.
- Then, when someone else spends a bit of time with that item, for example by carrying sheets down to the washer, they may get infected as well.
AllStop scabies Video
More Important Facts
- Avoiding intercourse with someone showing symptoms of scabies is the best way to prevent transmission.
- The key difference between the feel of scabies and other skin infestations is the relentless quality commonly associated with scabies symptoms.
- The female mite burrows under the skin to lay her eggs, which subsequently hatch and start the infestation cycle again.
- Tea tree oil is considered to be an effective scabies treatment over the counter.
- Norwegian scabies is a possibility, however only in those who suffer from a deficient immune system like patients with HIV.
- Scabies causes an allergic reaction by the body’s immune system.
- Natural scabies remedies have been known to include: enzyme treatments, essential oils, boric acid, Acapulco leaves, and oregano & mineral oil mixtures, among other things.
- Itching will continue for up to 2 weeks after a scabies treatment is done.
I ask because i do not have the time or resources to thoroughly clean my house like your supposed to, to keep from getting re-infected. .
So i plan to treat myself then go live with my grandmother for a few weeks.
Will that be an effective way to rid myself of these horrible things?
I’m sorry to say, but NO.
I have had scabies & was treated 4 times. Doctors who tell U they R easy to cure have NEVER had scabies & are going by false information passed down to them, & think many other things, like alternative medicine & certain foods/herbs/supplements cant cure U, this is the cause of all disease, (lack of specific nutrients), beside genetics & even this could be used to cure anyone even if they are pron genetically, its call preventive medicine.
Back to what I was saying, scabies R easily transfered to others by direct and indirect contact via furniture, (library, casinos, chairs etc, hotels, beds/rooms, carpet, floors), cars (buses), public restrooms (always put toilet liners on toilet seats, never seat on a toilet seat because there can be a transfer of crabs & other things).
Books, paper clothing, are just a few examples of this. If U or someone else believes contrary they are IN DENIAL, & this usually happens when someone (or others) have this condition.
In fact it is a condition & not a disease. But it is unlikely to catch scabies if U come in contact with just a few of these critters, they will die outside their host (family), but from my experience if U or someone is infested with them they will not die for a very long time esp in your home, office, car. And then again most people who R infected R in denial & try to convince themselves they don’t have a serious case of them. Don’t get too paranoid yet, confront the problem that U (or another) has this problem, this serious, because that is what is transferring this condition to others in this first place, DENIAL. And because people (and doctors) don’t want you to have hysteria about this they will play this down & even lie to the public about them.
Get yourself treated & then treated again 3 weeks later with Permetherin Cream (or any prescription your doctors prescribes w caution), & along w this U can use alternative medicine, by applying Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil. Combine 10 ml of Tea Tree Oil to 90 ml of Witch Hazel after you bathe.
ALWAYS USE A WASHING CLOTH when washing yourself from head to toe & in between the toes & everywhere else. Bathe in HOT water that is comfortable (don’t burn yourself!) Then place washcloth’s in the freezer in a plastic bag for a few days, & launder, so that U don’t inadvertently come in contact with them again, or just throw the wash clothes out. (You can buy 18 washcloths from Wal-Mart for around $4) I suggest this in the first stages (a few months).
Always blow dry you hair afterwards this keeps those critters off you face & other places around your neck, (if U have long shoulder length hair), in your eyebrow areas etc, (do not blow dry your face or skin directly, drying around it works good). Keep your hands off your face as much as possible because they will migrate there also. Keep in mind your hands R the most effective way these insects infect or migrate, when U scratch them, they deliberately do this to get onto another host (person) or another parts of your body. These insects R highly evolved! They have be around for thousands if not millions of years & have developed a way to continue on.
Apply Vaseline or a cream with baby powder/ or talcum power on top of that. This tics the little critters off but is not necessarily a cure but an obstruction. Do this until treatment is available & afterwards for as long as U think U have them in conjunction with alternative treatment.
Another alternative treatment remedy is 100 ml Neem Oil after bathing (but it stinks, beware!)
Or use Lavender Oil with Alcohol. 10 ml Lavender to 90 ml rubbing alcohol. It is important to saturate the skin so that it penetrates.
Buy or rent a large (or two) freezer(s) & place EVERYTHING U came in contact with, no matter how brief, all your clothes, towels, shoes (in plastic), & books, paper & other items that can stand up to freezing. This is the best way to get rid of scabies, even washing them. So if U don’t have a lot of time, place them in a plastic bags & later freeze & wash them.
Wash all clothing, towels, items in HOT water with Borax & laundry detergent & whites, in bleach, & dry them on high heat, only if there is no way of freezing them, to spare your clothes.
Vacuum carpets throughly 2-3 times a day.
Steam clean your carpets ( its not necessary but helpfully). Then cover your carpet from wall to wall with thick 4 ml – 7 ml sheet plastic. Use duct tape to secure it to the walls.
Cover your mattress with 2 ml drop clothe plastic & secure it w clear packaging tape & seal it under your mattress & poke small holes in the plastic in the corners to help the air escape. (Or buy a new mattress, being careful to cover it with either 2 ml plastic or a mattress cover. Also cover your pillows w 13 gallon plastic bags & seal w packaging tape. Puncture. Freeze your pillows (& cover them), for a few days initially & then in the morning until U go to bed, include blankets, sheets & pillows with cases. But I only recommend you to use sheets to cover yourself with, this way it wont take up so much space in your freezer for other items..
Mop your floors (plastic) with an enzyme cleaner or BORAX & Hot water everyday esp around the areas U frequent. I suggest http://www.safe2use.com/pests/scabies/scabies.htm.
Wash everything down w it, counter tops, cabinets, floors, tables, chairs, etc. or just plain Borax.
U can cover your furniture with plastic as well.
U can do the same at work etc.
Wash down beding everyday with Borax or enzyme cleaner, and change the pillow case plastic.
When I hear people tell me that scabies can be easily treated, I laugh because I know they have either, one, never had them or two, are still in denial. Good luck to you.
Facts About This Topic
- Symptoms of scabies do not appear until weeks after exposure.
- The rash that is brought upon by scabies, is actually the body’s reaction to the proteins, eggs, and excretions of the mites.
- Sulfur creams are excellent over-the-counter treatment for scabies.
- Probably the most generally recommended medicines accustomed to treat scabies includes lindane, permethrin, and also malathion.
- An effective natural treatment for scabies involves the application of tea tree oil to the affected areas.
- For the scabies mite,the human body is a must, since outside the human body, scabies mites can hardly survive beyond 72 hours.
- Scabies treatment consists of bathing with soap and water, followed by application of a pediculicide.
- You can detect a scabies mite by using a magnifying glass or microscope.
- Some of the common symptoms of scabies are rash, raised bumps, dryness, itchiness, soreness, swelling and redness.
Scabies Treatment Experience
I had a scabies treatment two days ago, some of the little bumps disappeared, but the ones I had scratched have not.
How long does it take for the little bumps to disappear?How long is the Scabies Treatment?
Also what do you do about furniture/uphostlerey.
. I washed all bedding… And ran a hot iron over uphostlerey. scabies Treatment is needed.
Scabies Treatment Tips
If you scratched them, the scabies mites burrow deeper than usual and therefore it is harder to treat them . they should go in 2-3 weeks. It is also due to the fact that scratching inflamed the bump, and will take longer to go down that it normally would scabies treatment.
Ways To Do in scabies Treatment
What you’ve done so far is fine. Curtains… Chairs and Sofas should have been steam-cleaned ideally, although ironing should suffice. Don’t forget carpeting for scabies treatment.
Prescription medicated creams are commonly used to scabies treatment infections. The most commonly used cream is permethrin 5%. Other creams include benzyl benzoate and sulfur in petrolatum. Lindane is rarely used, because of its side effects.
Creams are applied all over the body for scabies treatment. The whole family or sexual partners of infected people may need to be treated, even if they do not have symptoms.
For difficult cases, some health care providers may also prescribe medication taken by mouth to kill the scabies mites. Ivermectin is a pill that may be used.
antihistamine for scabies treatment. But double check scabies treatment that they can be used on carpet as some can’t.
Use Scabies Lotion Combo. It is the Best Value for an Individual! The All Stop scabies Combo Pack begins working immediately to attack the scabies mites and eggs buried beneath the skin. Includes a Free Travel Size All Stop Mitactin Skin Spray to help eradicate your scabies problem while away from home! Recommended for scabies treatment.
Resources of Interest on scabies:
- scabies How it Affects People
- What is scabies?
- Recommended Products for scabies
- Caused of scabies
- scabies FAQs
Facts about scabies
- Scabies also causes visible lesions (reddish bumps or blisters) on the skin; however, these are often very small and can be difficult to see ( picture 1 ). These bumps or blisters are often more noticeable in children, especially if they scratch frequently.
- Scabies is usually diagnosed based upon symptoms (widespread itching, presence of bumps) and history (eg, whether family members or sexual partners also have these signs).
- Scabies is known as ‘the itch’ and is a skin disorder characterized by superficial skin burrows and intense itching.
- Scabies in dogs are often caused by Sarcoptic Mites and Demodex Mites which is referred to as Mange.
- Scabies in general is a skin disease that is highly contagious to other hosts.
- Scabies can cause lesions on the ear tips and underarms of dogs.
- Scabies in Dogs does not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of the information, and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
- Scabies is “caught” by having skin-to-skin contact with a person who has it, or much less commonly, by wearing clothes that have scabies mites living in them.
- Scabies may not show any signs until 1 month after exposure.
More Important Facts
- Scabies treatment in the initial stages is done using scabicides, which destroys the eggs as well as the mites.
- The scabies mite causes symptoms when it digs a small tunnel under the skin and causes a kind of allergic reaction.
- Persons with crusted (Norwegian) scabies may not show the usual signs and symptoms of scabies such as the characteristic rash or itching (pruritus).
- While the first symptoms of scabies may occur within a week after acquiring the parasitic mites, the first clear signs of infestation can be spotted only after a few weeks.
- Scabies causes red marks on the skin which are often found in fingers, toes, buttock, elbows, waist, under the breasts, and even genital area.
- Talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist for professional assistance to treat scabies.
- Scabies causes an allergic reaction by the body’s immune system.
All StopTM Medicated Skin Cream is a specifically-designed, topical cream that provides quick relief of symptoms commonly associated with Athlete’s Foot, Jock Itch, Ringworm, scabies and Skin Parasites and Morgellons. Its proprietary blend of white sulfur and essential oils penetrate the skin to begin working immediately. Unlike other sulfur-based products, All StopTM Medicated Skin Cream is a non …
- Naturasil for scabies is proven to eliminate and cure scabies without harsh chemical treatments found in many traditional methods that are simply not effective at eliminating scabies mites. …
- Customer Reviews
- All StopTM Medicated Skin Cream is a specifically-designed, topical cream that provides quick relief of symptoms commonly associated with Athlete’s Foot, Jock Itch, Ringworm, scabies and Skin Parasites and Morgellons. Its proprietary blend of white sulfur and essential oils penetrate the skin to begin working immediately. Unlike other sulfur-based products, All StopTM Medicated Skin Cream is a non …
- 3.5oz (100g) Bar Great to use for treating blackheads and pimples. Helps prevent oily skin. …
- Naturasil Liquid scabies Treatment is proven to eliminate and relieve the symptoms of scabies and human mite infestations without using harsh chemicals found in other scabies and mite treating products. Most scabies treatment products use Permethrins, which are known carcinogens and pesticides. Our all-natural scabies treatment uses plant extracts, which are well-known for their effectiveness as …