Can I still be itchy after scabies treatment?
Okay. Just recently I have had the dread full experience of scabies. About two days ago I applied this Lindane lotion my doctor prescribed to me. I am horribly paranoid about me still having the little devils because im still itchy. Is this normal?
You have got to use it more than once, but make sure you don’t leave it on too long or it can kill you.
It will keep itching until you’re not supposed to use it anymore.
Make sure you keep everything clean around your house!
Stay away from people too. The suckers jump like lice!
More About scabies
Scabies is a very contagious skin condition that is caused by a mite that is so small it can only be seen with a magnifying glass or under a microscope. The mite cannot live more than three days without a human host, but it can survive up to a month when living on a human. The mite also lays eggs in human skin, which hatch and grow into adult mites. This means that symptoms of the condition can last for months or even years.
The rash caused by scabies is extremely itchy and is sometimes called “the seven-year itch.” The rash can be subtle, and sometimes scabies is hard to diagnose. The mite is spread from person to person by close contact. Animals can harbor a similar mite, but when the animal mite is passed to people, it cannot reproduce and dies within a few days.
It affect everyone regardless of age, gender, race, social class, or personal-hygiene habits. However, it is most common among household members and sexual partners of affected individuals. scabies is also common in congested areas, such as nursing homes and hospitals, where it can spread widely. In people who have poor immune systems or who are malnourished, it can cause a syndrome called “crusted scabies” or “Norwegian scabies,” which causes skin thickening and a scaly rash.
Doctors sometimes prescribe the oral medication ivermectin (Stromectol) for people with altered immune systems, for people who have crusted scabies, or for people who don’t respond to the prescription lotions and creams.
Mites are susceptible to dehydration, so their survival time is dependent on humidity and temperature. Several studies have shown mites can survive 2-5 days at normal indoor temperatures and humidity; however, under these conditions a mite is usually only able to infect for only the first 1-2 days. Under higher humidity and/or cooler temperatures, mites may survive and be infectious for longer than 1-2 days.
If you are looking for an effective treatment for your rash, over-the-counter cortisone creams are discouraged. Topical prescription medications, the most common scabies treatment, are used to treat rash infestations, including lotions that contain lindane or crotamiton, which are applied from the neck down. Lindane, another treatment, is a pesticide that is associated with neurological damage, poisoning, cancer, and environmental contamination. As a Treatment it’s use in adults is controversial and it is no longer used in children. NEVER use Lindane as a treatment.
Additional Resources on scabies:
- scabies How it Affects People
- What is scabies?
- Recommended Products for scabies
- Symptoms and Signs of scabies
- scabies Introduction
Scabies Lotion Combo – Best treatment for scabies!
Best Value for an Individual! The All Stop scabies Combo Pack begins working immediately to attack the scabies mites and eggs buried beneath the skin. Includes a Free Travel Size All Stop Mitactin Skin Spray to help eradicate your scabies problem while away from home!Mite & scabies Combo is effective for scabies Mites
The scabies & Mite Combo is part of our scabies treatment product line.
All About scabies.
Video About scabies
Facts about scabies
- I have scabies scars on my legs and stomach and arms, I have been alone for the same length of time.
- A good scabies home treatment is often based on certain oils.
- Since scabies is contagious it is advisable if you're infested to apply natural scabies remedies in order to get rid of the symptoms.
- Having scabies is nothing to be embarrassed by, but scabies should be treated quickly to avoid further complications that are more difficult to treat like impetigo, or the more severe crusted scabies also called Norwegian scabies .
- Having scabies is not a sign that someone is dirty, careless or sexually promiscuous.
Need More Facts?
- There are plenty of scabies remedies available today that can be used by anyone affected by scabies.
- If your child develops scabies, he/she will probably scratch the scabies rash, which will increase the likelihood of the skin developing a secondary bacterial infection.
- If any family member or colleague shows itching sensation, clinical symptoms of scabies and so forth, and is suspected of having scabies, he/she needs to be advised to consult a dermatologist immediately.
- In most cases a 10% sulfur cream will be sufficient to kill scabies but the acne based sulfur products have a different carrier in them so they may not kill scabies.
- Treatment for scabies can be a very long process after trying many over the counter scabies treatments that are very harmful to you and your future health.
- The mite found in animals other than humans is the Sarcoptic Mange.
- You can obtain medications to kill scabies mites from your doctor.
- Even after you have treated yourself with the lotion for scabies, it can take several weeks (4-6) for your body to shed the scabies.
- The microscopic scabies mite burrows into the upper layer of the skin where it lives and lays its eggs.
- A doctor will be able to provide a confirmed diagnosis of the skin condition and will be able to highlight which type of scabies treatment technique that they feel will be most beneficial for your individual needs.
- Tea tree oil is considered to be an effective scabies treatment over the counter.