Scabies rash is one of the first symptoms that occur in persons infested with scabies mites. Similar to all symptoms of scabies rash, it occurs due to allergic reactions to the toxins produced by the parasitic mites. scabies mites’ eggs, secretions and feces are the main agents that produce rash, irritation, severe itch, discomfort, scaling and blistering of the skin.
In most cases, symptoms of scabies rash shares many similarities with the clinical manifestations of many different skin disorders, including eczema, dermatitis and chicken pox. In the absence of more relevant signs of mite infestation, scabies rash can point to other conditions rather than scabies, preventing doctors from deciding upon the accurate diagnosis and prescribing the right treatment. The unspecific character of the rash produced by scabies mites is the main reason for delayed medical intervention. In some cases, persons with scabies may have already developed complications (bacterial infections, scaling and crusting of the skin) by the time they are diagnosed with scabies and are prescribed the appropriate medications.
Where Do Symptoms of scabies Rash Occurs?
Most often, the symptoms of scabies rash affects the hands, fingers and wrists, toes, feet, ankles, knees, elbows, armpits, lower abdomen and chest, buttocks, the region of the nipples and the genitals. scabies rash rarely occurs on the neck or face, as scabies mites avoid infesting more exposed regions of the skin that can’t provide a good hiding place. However, sometimes scabies rash may also involve the scalp (in the case of infants, old adults and persons with impaired immune system). In very young children and infants, symptoms of scabies rash is generally more severe and is associated with pruritus and intense itch.
Additional Resources on scabies – Get the Facts:
- Infection scabies
- scabies Treatment Products
- scabies Introduction
- Scabies – Topic Overview
- scabies How it Affects People
Facts about scabies
- A scabies rash typically occurs on the wrists, in between fingers, in the armpits, around the waist, and in the genital area.
- A scabies home remedy which works from inside as well as outside is very advisable.
- A scabies infection is highly contagious to both men and women.
- As scabies are microscopic you can use regular large plastic garbage bags (taped together with) on your bed under your sheets as an inexpensive mattress cover.
- My scabies I believe is the complicated type, as referred to by some doctors, although my last visit the doctor referred to my problem as delusional, so I continue to self care.
- If scabies comes and goes, this means that the person is getting reinfested from another infested person or their environment.
- If scabies is not treated, the skin may be crusty or scaly.
- The scabies Mite is very small but not microscopic and live for around one month on your body.
- The scabies mite can live up to 4 days without human body contact, spread from towels, bedding, or other household articles.
- The scabies natural treatment I read about with tumeric and neem oil paste said it is used a lot in India and foreign countries but it can stain the clothing, sheets and rest of laundry.
Symptoms of scabies Rash – Treatment
The Symptoms of scabies Rash can be very persistent and is usually difficult to treat. It is often the first symptom to occur and the last to disappear, as scabies rash can persist for weeks after the mite infestation has been successfully eradicated. scabies rash can be alleviated with medications such as hydrocortisone and antihistamine, which provide temporary relief but are often unable to heal the rash completely. Analgesic creams and gels can also be used to calm down severe scabies rash, while oral analgesics provide a longer-lasting effect. Many persons still use alcohol-based lotions and creams for treating scabies rash, unaware that such pharmaceutical products actually aggravate the rash, intensify the sensation of itch and facilitate the formation of crust, which further amplifies discomfort and soreness. In order to avoid an entire series of undesirable effects, it is best to avoid using alcohol-based products for treating scabies rash.
For more resources on different scabies related issues like scabies rash, causes of scabies, symptoms of scabies rash and many more visit http://www.scabies-center.com/ .
For more resources on different scabies related issues like scabies rash, causes of scabies, symptoms of scabies and many more visit http://www.scabies-center.com/ .
Article from articlesbase.com
Related scabies Prevention Articles
Scabies Lotion Combo For Your scabies Rash Now!
It is the Best Value for an Individual! The All Stop scabies Combo Pack begins working immediately to attack the scabies mites and eggs buried beneath the skin. Includes a Free Travel Size All Stop Mitactin Skin Spray to help eradicate your scabies problem while away from home!
Did You Know?
- Treatment for scabies can be a very long process after trying many over the counter scabies treatments that are very harmful to you and your future health.
- Most scabies treatment products use permethrins, which are known carcinogens and pesticides.
- Although the scabies rash is curable, the scabies treatment for Norwegian scabies is difficult due to the number of scabies mites living on the skin.
- Topical prescription medications are used to treat scabies infestations, including lotions that contain lindane or crotamiton, which are applied from the neck down.
- Epsom salts can be great both before and afterscabies treatmentbut it should be noted that alone epsom salts can not cure scabies, though they do contain enough sulfates to potentially suffocate any mites near the out layer of skin.
- Someone who has never had scabies may not have any symptoms for 2 to 6 weeks.
- Doctors often prescribe other medications to help with the annoying symptoms of scabies.
Many of us have an interest in a natural scabies treatment due to concerns about potential complications of common scabies medications. Here are some of the side-effects that concern people.
But take caution if you still cannot get rid of your scabies, it could be another type of mite or another type of skin parasite. This will not go away on its own.
We are sending you information on other types of mites that attack humans to provide you with information so you can make a decision on how you are going to deal with this problem.
Household Mites – Mites are occasionally found in homes and attack humans in the absence of their normal hosts-birds, rodents, or insects. Bites from these mites may be painful and cause severe skin irritation.
Bird Mites – The northern fowl mite tropical fowl mite and chicken mite are the major bird mite species in Florida. The northern fowl mite is the species most important as a problem to birds in the state. They are accidental pests to humans
Rodent Mites – The two most abundant rodent mites in buildings are the tropical rat mite and the house mouse mite. Rodent mites are primarily external parasites of rats and house mice, but they will also feed on humans.
House Dust Mites – The house dust mites (floor mites) are increasing in medical significance to humans. The importance of house dust mites is that pieces of the mite’s in house dust may produce allergic reactions and asthma when inhaled. It is presently estimated that four percent of the human population shows a house dust allergy.
To learn more about these types of mites and how to control them, click here. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IG086
Our Scabies solution has proven itself over and over no matter how serious the Scabies has become. That is why more and more Dermatologists recommend our products to their patients; especially when they are against the poison prescriptions. We encourage you to look at our package of products included for the right Scabies solution for you and your family. We know you will be satisfied with the results and we guarantee it.
Learn more about Scabies.
President, Q-Based Healthcare TM
The Makers of All Stop TM Products
Toll Free 1.866.314.8917