I ask because i do not have the time or resources to thoroughly clean my house like your supposed to, to keep from getting re-infected. .
So i plan to treat myself then go live with my grandmother for a few weeks.
Will that be an effective way to rid myself of these horrible things?
I’m sorry to say, but NO.
I have had scabies & was treated 4 times. Doctors who tell U they R easy to cure have NEVER had scabies & are going by false information passed down to them, & think many other things, like alternative medicine & certain foods/herbs/supplements cant cure U, this is the cause of all disease, (lack of specific nutrients), beside genetics & even this could be used to cure anyone even if they are pron genetically, its call preventive medicine.
Back to what I was saying, scabies R easily transfered to others by direct and indirect contact via furniture, (library, casinos, chairs etc, hotels, beds/rooms, carpet, floors), cars (buses), public restrooms (always put toilet liners on toilet seats, never seat on a toilet seat because there can be a transfer of crabs & other things).
Books, paper clothing, are just a few examples of this. If U or someone else believes contrary they are IN DENIAL, & this usually happens when someone (or others) have this condition.
In fact it is a condition & not a disease. But it is unlikely to catch scabies if U come in contact with just a few of these critters, they will die outside their host (family), but from my experience if U or someone is infested with them they will not die for a very long time esp in your home, office, car. And then again most people who R infected R in denial & try to convince themselves they don’t have a serious case of them. Don’t get too paranoid yet, confront the problem that U (or another) has this problem, this serious, because that is what is transferring this condition to others in this first place, DENIAL. And because people (and doctors) don’t want you to have hysteria about this they will play this down & even lie to the public about them.
Get yourself treated & then treated again 3 weeks later with Permetherin Cream (or any prescription your doctors prescribes w caution), & along w this U can use alternative medicine, by applying Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil. Combine 10 ml of Tea Tree Oil to 90 ml of Witch Hazel after you bathe.
ALWAYS USE A WASHING CLOTH when washing yourself from head to toe & in between the toes & everywhere else. Bathe in HOT water that is comfortable (don’t burn yourself!) Then place washcloth’s in the freezer in a plastic bag for a few days, & launder, so that U don’t inadvertently come in contact with them again, or just throw the wash clothes out. (You can buy 18 washcloths from Wal-Mart for around $4) I suggest this in the first stages (a few months).
Always blow dry you hair afterwards this keeps those critters off you face & other places around your neck, (if U have long shoulder length hair), in your eyebrow areas etc, (do not blow dry your face or skin directly, drying around it works good). Keep your hands off your face as much as possible because they will migrate there also. Keep in mind your hands R the most effective way these insects infect or migrate, when U scratch them, they deliberately do this to get onto another host (person) or another parts of your body. These insects R highly evolved! They have be around for thousands if not millions of years & have developed a way to continue on.
Apply Vaseline or a cream with baby powder/ or talcum power on top of that. This tics the little critters off but is not necessarily a cure but an obstruction. Do this until treatment is available & afterwards for as long as U think U have them in conjunction with alternative treatment.
Another alternative treatment remedy is 100 ml Neem Oil after bathing (but it stinks, beware!)
Or use Lavender Oil with Alcohol. 10 ml Lavender to 90 ml rubbing alcohol. It is important to saturate the skin so that it penetrates.
Buy or rent a large (or two) freezer(s) & place EVERYTHING U came in contact with, no matter how brief, all your clothes, towels, shoes (in plastic), & books, paper & other items that can stand up to freezing. This is the best way to get rid of scabies, even washing them. So if U don’t have a lot of time, place them in a plastic bags & later freeze & wash them.
Wash all clothing, towels, items in HOT water with Borax & laundry detergent & whites, in bleach, & dry them on high heat, only if there is no way of freezing them, to spare your clothes.
Vacuum carpets throughly 2-3 times a day.
Steam clean your carpets ( its not necessary but helpfully). Then cover your carpet from wall to wall with thick 4 ml – 7 ml sheet plastic. Use duct tape to secure it to the walls.
Cover your mattress with 2 ml drop clothe plastic & secure it w clear packaging tape & seal it under your mattress & poke small holes in the plastic in the corners to help the air escape. (Or buy a new mattress, being careful to cover it with either 2 ml plastic or a mattress cover. Also cover your pillows w 13 gallon plastic bags & seal w packaging tape. Puncture. Freeze your pillows (& cover them), for a few days initially & then in the morning until U go to bed, include blankets, sheets & pillows with cases. But I only recommend you to use sheets to cover yourself with, this way it wont take up so much space in your freezer for other items..
Mop your floors (plastic) with an enzyme cleaner or BORAX & Hot water everyday esp around the areas U frequent. I suggest http://www.safe2use.com/pests/scabies/scabies.htm.
Wash everything down w it, counter tops, cabinets, floors, tables, chairs, etc. or just plain Borax.
U can cover your furniture with plastic as well.
U can do the same at work etc.
Wash down beding everyday with Borax or enzyme cleaner, and change the pillow case plastic.
When I hear people tell me that scabies can be easily treated, I laugh because I know they have either, one, never had them or two, are still in denial. Good luck to you.
Facts About This Topic
- Symptoms of scabies do not appear until weeks after exposure.
- The rash that is brought upon by scabies, is actually the body’s reaction to the proteins, eggs, and excretions of the mites.
- Sulfur creams are excellent over-the-counter treatment for scabies.
- Probably the most generally recommended medicines accustomed to treat scabies includes lindane, permethrin, and also malathion.
- An effective natural treatment for scabies involves the application of tea tree oil to the affected areas.
- For the scabies mite,the human body is a must, since outside the human body, scabies mites can hardly survive beyond 72 hours.
- Scabies treatment consists of bathing with soap and water, followed by application of a pediculicide.
- You can detect a scabies mite by using a magnifying glass or microscope.
- Some of the common symptoms of scabies are rash, raised bumps, dryness, itchiness, soreness, swelling and redness.
my husband and i have been diagnosed with scabies and they gave us the permethrin 5% cream. . well we have used it and it is not helping us at all. it has in fact made his worse and it is starting to spread farther than it was before we used the cream. it is getting really bad. they have told him if it don’t get better he would have to stay away from work till it was cleared and we cannot afford that. we have tried benadryl and calamine lotions to soothe the itching. and also hydrocortizone creams as well. we’ve tried oatmeal baths and tea tree oil. but nothing is help. please help us. it is almost unbearable.
First, has anyone proved the diagnosis with a skin scraping. If so, there is some resistance by the scabies to the permethrin cream. There are alternatives. Drying agents such as benedryl don’t help. Rx ivermectin, lindane and sulfur can help. Call the doc and verify that the diagnosis is correct and ask for another treatment. Also verify that the permethrin was used correctly. See dermatology if your doc isn’t certain.
Factoids on This Topic
- Doctors treat scabies by prescribing a medicated cream or lotion to kill the mites.
- If any family member or colleague shows itching sensation, clinical symptoms of scabies and so forth, and is suspected of having scabies, he/she needs to be advised to consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Sulfur has been used as a homeopathic scabies remedies for centuries, it is also used to treat other ailments in today’s society.
- For the most people, due to the constant crawling and pricking, most people do not even realise when they have been cured.
- You should also be careful using epsom salts within a bath if you have breathing difficulties as they absorb oxygen and can make people have a shortness of breathe.
- The classic symptoms of scabies include a skin rash and itching.
- When dealing with a scabies infection you need to start applying treatments as soon as you are diagnosed as the longer you go infected the longer it will take to treat and the longer post scabies symptoms can last.
- In some cases, the scabies symptoms may appear in as little as two weeks.
- If the indications of a scabies infestation exist, talk to a medical professional about the use of lotion for scabies treatment.
- INDICATIONS: Permethrin Lotion kills lice and their unhatched eggs with usually only one application. Permethrin Lotion protects against head lice reinfestation for 14 days. Leaves hair manageable and easy to comb. Permethrin Lotion for the treatment of head lice. …
- Customer Reviews
- Photo Puzzle showing LRDS-109 Scabies Mite. LRDS-109 Scabies Mite Dark Field Light Micrograph Sarcoptes scabiei Magnification x 750 (A4 size 29.7 cm width) Credit David Spears (last refuge) / ardea Last Refuge Please note that prints are for personal display purposes only and may not be reproduced in any way. prints ardea 44 (0) 20 8672 2067 . Chosen by Ardea Wildlife Pets. 10×14 Photo Puzzle with …
Variety of Remedies for Scabies
Prescription Permethrin Doesn’t Work
I went to dermatologist and permethrin 5% did not worked. i need a Permethrin Alternative for treating Scabies.
There are a few things you could try,but before starting any treatment for scabies, make sure that you thoroughly clean all bedding in your house before,during and after treatment to prevent reinfestation. Also keep all your pet bedding clean as well and also keep an eye on your pets as they could be the source of the scabies.
This spice has traditionally been used on the skin to treat scabies.
Clove essential oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties,plus antimicrobial activity,which is important to prevent a bacterial infection from occurring in any broken skin that the rash’s itching may have produced.
But clove can also irritate skin,so try a test patch first.If irritation occurs,use a lower concentration.
You can apply a mix of 10 drops of clove oil and 1 cup of veggie oil such as olive or almond oil to the rash before bedtime.
You can also try adding the clove oil to a mix of half honey and half water,and apply in the same way.
(Do not use clove oil during pregnancy).
The essential oil from this plant fights a number of parasites,including the mite that causes scabies.
To use,combine 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 5 teaspoons of veggie oil of your choice.Apply liberally to the skin before bedtime.
If skin irritation occurs,further dilute the oil more.
(You can also make a spray using tea tree with water and spray on your pets bedding to kill any mites that may be there).
During the day you can also make herbal teas to apply to the skin.
this herb also fights many parasites.
1 cup of boiling water poured over 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried herb.
allow to cool,and use to wash infested skin,as often as 3 times a day.
(wash could also be used on your pets).
A strong tea made of tansy has been traditionally used for scabies.
To make the tea,simmer 2 teaspoons of dried herb in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.Strain,cool,and wash the infected skin one or more times a day.
If after 2 days you don’t see a difference you may have to go back to your dermatologist.
Facts About Permethrin and Why You Need a Permethrin Alternative for Scabies Home Remedies:
- Permethrin works by paralyzing and killing lice and their eggs (nits).OTHER
- This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be prescribed by your health care professional.
- Permethrin may drift after it is sprayed both indoors and outdoors.
- Permethrin is referred to as a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide because, while manmade, it resembles naturally-occurring chemicals with insecticidal properties, called pyrethroids.
- Permethrin acts as a stomach poison when it is ingested by insects or as a contact poison through direct contact with target pests.
- Permethrin is used to treat scabies (‘mites that attach themselves to the skin) in adults and children 2 months of age and older.
- Permethrin cream is usually applied to the skin in one treatment, but occasionally a second treatment is necessary.
- Permethrin lotion is usually applied to the skin in one or two treatments, but occasionally three treatments are necessary.
- Permethrin is professional grade, low-odor product.One Qt. makes up to 20 gallons of finished solution.
- Permethrin works by paralyzing and killing the mites and their eggs.
- Permethrin has been implicated in possibly contributing to the Gulf War syndrome. Permethrin causes no damage to any known cloth or synthetic fiber.
- Permethrin begins working immediately upon contact or ingestion, leading to insect knock-down and eventual death.
- Permethrin is a synthetic version of the natural pyrethrum insecticide that protects vegetation from insect attack.
Deep Penetrating skin spray used to fight scabies and skin parasites head on! Feel relief within minutes; the intense itching stops and your skin can begin to heal again.
All Stop Mitactin Skin Spray is a proprietary blend of nonionic and anionic surfactants. It is used to penetrate deep into the skin and to disinfect areas affected by organic and inorganic irritants, without side-effects or dryness. The nontoxic All Stop Mitactin Skin Spray formula is great for treating Scabies and Skin Parasites and works within 24 to 48 hours. The deep penetrating formula causes extreme irritation to a parasites feeding and breathing systems within minutes, causing them to die.
Other Resources on Scabies – Get the Facts:
- Scabies How it Affects People
- What is Scabies?
- Recommended Products for Scabies
- Caused of Scabies
- Symptoms and Signs of Scabies
- Often people try to treat scabies themselves, but because it is highly contagious, its best to see your doctor for the prescription medicines.
- Tea tree oil not only cures the scabies symptoms, but can successfully prevent occurrence of infection by killing the contagious scabies mites.
- Scabies mites’ secretions, feces, and eggs are the main agents which produce irritation, pain, rash, scaling, serious itch, and blistering of the skin.
- One popular anti itch remedy is Benadryl cream or spray.
- It is important to kill scabies which are outside the body on clothing, in bedding or on hairbrushes and even on children’s soft toys.
- Check with your doctor if you experience scabies symptoms to determine exactly if this is the skin problem.
- Small red bumps, pimples or blisters on the skin are other common scabies symptoms.
- Medication treatments for scabies are known as “scabicides” because they are designed to kill scabies mites.
- The genital area is a common hiding place for the scabies mite.
- When you kill scabies, you should prevent a secondary infection.
- Itching from scabies is the result of an allergic reaction to the mites and their waste.
- One thing that is important to remember, and that is you cannot buy any scabies remedies that work, over-the-counter.