Are your eczema products safe to be used on the elderly?
Yes, our eczema cure products are safe enough to be used on the elderly. Eczema is most commonly found on children and young people. However it’s important to know eczema can also affect the older generations. Eczema does not discriminate against age or general health. It can affect anyone, any age, and doesn’t require any background or genetic pre-disposition.
The elderly have different causes for eczema or aggravating factors compared to the eczema in children and young people. Treating an elderly person with eczema can present challenges when recommending treatment.
There are different kinds of eczema that are most commonly associated with the elderly. One kind is a disturbance in the skin barrier function leading to asteatotic eczema (also known as eczema craquelée or winter eczema). This explains the concept of the skin becomes drier as you grow older. Asteatotic eczema usually starts occuring when a person reaches their fifties. It often initially affects the lower legs. This form of eczema can be caused by increasing age, illness, malnutrition, skin cleansers, dry humidity, and cold or windy weather. It can also consists of dry, scaly skin, usually on your shins, it may also involve the arms and hands. When treating winter eczema the use of moisturizers or emollients is essential.
All Stop Eczema Products:
Here are some other products that can help get rid eczema. These products work as follows:
1) Our Medicated Body Wash is a specially formulated anti-microbial solution that kills harmful eczema causing bacteria such as Staphylococcus Aureus, yet it contains no skin irritants, harsh detergents, or abrasives. Our Medicated Body Wash does not cause drying, chapping, or the development of product dependencies.
2) Our ProEcza™ Cream combines complex algae extracts and mug wart to reduce skin irritation and erythema. It also contains antimicrobials that provide quick relief from itchiness. Unlike medications doctors prescribe, there is no chance for your skin to build up a resistance to this product.
3) Our Healing and Protection Spray will help to heal any sores caused by the eczema or from scratching. It will also help to relieve itching and can be used on sensitive skin areas such as the face and groin.
When using products for the elderly, it is best to use products that will not dry the skin or cause irritation to the skin, products that will moisten the skin and products that will heal the skin quickly.
It’s no secret, as we get older, the skin undergoes many changes. Your skin will age depending on a few factors such as your diet, heredity traits, your lifestyle and habits such as smoking or staying out in the sun a lot.
Sun exposure is the fastest and major cause of your skin aging because of the sun’s ultra violet UV light. THe ultraviolet rays tears down the elastic in the tissue called elastin. Without elastin, your skin will stretch and sag.
Common skin aging conditions in the elderly are:
- Wrinkles – Wrinkles are most visible. Smokers tend to get wrinkles around their mouth and tend to wrinkle faster than non smokers.
- Facial Lines and Movement – Some people have more expressions with their face than others. We sometimes call these laugh lines. But these lines become more visible in our 40’s and our 50’s.
- Dry Itchy Skin – Dry and flaking skin is a common issue with adults; especially with the elderly. The oil glands stop working and that is what keeps the skin soft. The use of medicated moisturizers without scent is best for the elderly such as the Ultra Moisturizing Cream from Allstop. The moisturizer includes anti-microbials to keep the skin healthy and free of bad bacteria which prevents infections from cracked skin and the moisturizing ingredients keep the skin moist and soft.
- Skin Cancer – THis is usually caused from excessive sun exposure during adult years.
- Age Spots – These are brown patches that usually appear on the face, forearms and hands.
- Bed Sores – These are also called pressure ulcers. These develop from a person being in the bed or chair too long without changing positions enough. People with diabetes get this very often and they are also harder to treat. Bathing with the Allstop Medicated Body Wash is best; it will heal the skin quickly and remove bad bacteria from the skin too.
- Eczema is a chronic skin condition characterized by skin inflammation and irritation.
- Eczema can affect all ages groups from infants, toddles, young children, teenagers, adults as well as the elderly.
- Eczema is sometimes mistaken for other itchy rashes, including contact dermatitis, heat rash , seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Eczema is exacerbated by stress, illness, infections, and sometimes, hormonal changes.
- Eczema can appear in infancy and end between the ages of 5 to 15, but it can also be a life-long condition, recurring on and off at intervals for the rest of a person’s life.
- Eczema is the name used to describe a set of skin conditions that affect the outer layer of the skin and appear as a red itchy and swollen skin rash.
- Eczema vaccinatum is a serious medical condition that requires immediate and intensive medical care.