Can my detergent give my family eczema?
Detergents can aggravate the skin. The reason is because your clothing will always have residues from the detergents you use on them. You can wash your clean clothing with just water and you can see that your clothes will still produce suds.
Some detergents can have a good amount of chemicals, even if you are using the over-the-counter brands. If you suffer from eczema symptoms, detergent can be a cause for your skin to have an outbreak as soon as the fabric touches your skin.
There are areas of the skin that can be more sensitive than other parts of the skin. These areas are more likely to have an outbreak from eczema. Dermatologists recommend avoiding harsh detergents or drying soaps. You can also use a soap that has an oil base; such as goat milk soap to prevent drying of your skin. You can also do a patch test with soaps in very small areas on your arm to see which product is best for you. You should avoid using washcloths, sponges or loofahs when treating for eczema. These products can abrade the skin. You can use a fragrance-free barrier type of lotion, moisturizer or petroleum jelly before drying off. This can aid in putting moisture back into the skin. Every person’s skin is different so it is very important to determine which products work best for you.
- Eczema is a skin disorder which results in red, dry and patchy skin. Though, steroid is the most common method of curing eczema, it is likely to induce several side effects.
- Eczema is further worsened because most of the available treatments are topical and only deal with the symptoms and not the root cause of the condition.
- Eczema sufferer is increased for these days, because they don’t know what should do.
- Eczema is very common just follow these simple tips of eczema natural remedy below to cure that skin disorder.
- Eczema can affect people of any age, although the condition is most common in infants.
- Eczema in infants is uncomfortable for the tiny tot and frustrating for the parents.
- Eczema home remedies can come in handy if you?re suffering from eczema.