How old do you have to be to use your scabies products?
Our scabies products are recommended for anyone two years of age and up. Customers have reported using these products on children younger than two years of age.
However, if you are using these scabies products on a child younger than two years of age you must consult your physician.
Scabies Products Facts:
- Scabies, an infectious skin disease caused by the microscopic mite Sarcoptes scabiei, tends to spread rapidly in crowded places in which there is frequent skin-to-skin contact between people.
- Scabies is spread through direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact with a person who is already infested with the scabies mite.
- Scabies is treated with one of several prescription mite-killing creams or lotions, which are applied once to the skin and then washed off after a specified period of time.
- Scabies affects both sexes, all ages, all ethnic groups, and people of all socioeconomic status.
- Scabies is in infants and the elderly, especially nursing home patients, may present differently from classical scabies.
- Scabies produces a skin rash composed of small red bumps and blisters and affects specific areas of the body.
- Scabies may involve the webs between the fingers, the wrists and the backs of the elbows, the knees, around the waist and umbilicus, the axillary folds, the areas around the nipples, the sides and backs of the feet, the genital area, and the buttocks.