What are surfactants for scabies?
The word, surfactants, comes from the term “surface acting agents”. These are organic compounds of wetting agents making less tension between two liquids.
The surfactants for scabies helps for easier spreading of the scabies treatment medication.
Surfactants for Scabies Facts:
- Scabies is a contagious skin disease that comes from mites that make holes into the skin of humans so that their eggs have a place to hatch.
- Scabies “burrows” are very tiny, and occur mainly in the finger webs.
- Scabies is a worldwide disease and a major public health problem in many developing countries, related primarily to poverty and overcrowding.
- Scabies is a major global health problem in many indigenous and Third World communities.
- Scabies has been known to humankind since ancient times, with Aristotle, the first person believed to have identified scabies mites, describing them as “lice in the flesh” and utilizing the term “akari.
- Scabies transmission is mediated primarily by close, prolonged personal contact with an infected person and therefore is common among family members and often seen in institutional settings.
- Scabies is a very unpleasant disease that spreads easily and causes suffering because of itching, especially intense at night.
- Scabies is almost always transmitted directly from person to person.