Other infections can cause itching in the groin. There are several other skin problems that can cause redness and itching in the groin area. Some of the most common ones are:
- Seborrhea – Common inflammatory skin condition with dry, itchy, white to yellowish flakey skin.
- Psoriasis – Skin irritation with redness, swelling, itchiness, and silvery scaly patches of skin.
- Candida Albicans -Yeast Infections in both men and women.
- Intertrigo – Inflammation of body folds, generally found in cases of obesity and diabetics.
- Erythrasma – A chronic bacterial infection caused by Corynebacterium minutissimum.
- Pubic Lice – Parasitic infestation
- Chemical irritation – Caused by overuse of topical products or allergies to them.